Mark jones

Do you hope jones continues as kings announcer

• Total voters

Entity

Hall of Famer
Mark jones signed an extension with ESPN back in March. Just wondering how long his contract is with the Kings. I can deal Kayte’s ramblings and I really like Draper. Does anyone know if jones will still be around. I just don’t know if I can handle another year of a 60 year old dude trying to talk like a 23 year old rapper

Entity

Hall of Famer
The hiring of jones at all reels of desperation by the franchise to be relevant. His hip vocabulary reeks of him trying to stay relevant with the young guys. I garuantee the new word of the week “cooked” will be used 5-6 times a game by mark.

I like Jones too. Like to tease him at times about his various on-air peccadillo's. The worst one inexcusable, when some big exciting play made and he's in the middle of meaningless banter with Kayte. But she's actually worse than Mark as continues uninterrupted banter like the play never happened before finally realizing live and happening!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Mark Jones knows how to broadcast/PBP. Kayte knows the game. I can overlook the warts.

All you have to do is to listen to other team's broadcasters to appreciate what we have with the Kings.
This. I don't get all the angst and hand-wringing. It really is making mountains out of mole hills. Nobody is perfect, and I'm 1,000% more concerned about the team performance than someone on the broadcast crew talking over a play you watched live on TV. :rolleyes: I saw the play happen, I don't need anyone shouting someone's name over and over because they dunked a ball.

This. I don't get all the angst and hand-wringing. It really is making mountains out of mole hills. Nobody is perfect, and I'm 1,000% more concerned about the team performance than someone on the broadcast crew talking over a play you watched live on TV. :rolleyes: I saw the play happen, I don't need anyone shouting someone's name over and over because they dunked a ball.
Jones just doesn't have that dawg in him.

It's completely logical for fans who suffered over 16 years of bad basketball to struggle with what is actually good for them. You sat inside the dark cave long enough, it's hard to tell if the light is a good thing.

It's completely logical for fans who suffered over 16 years of bad basketball to struggle with what is actually good for them. You sat inside the dark cave long enough, it's hard to tell if the light is a good thing.
What? We had Grant & Jerry (one of the best in the league) not too long ago. If anything, Kings fans have been spoiled in this regard. Is it really a surprise that going from steak to a mediocre sandwich didn't go down well?

What? We had Grant & Jerry (one of the best in the league) not too long ago. If anything, Kings fans have been spoiled in this regard. Is it really a surprise that going from steak to a mediocre sandwich didn't go down well?
Nah this feels more like going from steak to lobster and suddenly some of you think that is too "mainstream" of food for a humble blue-collar town.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Maybe it’s the nostalgia I am missing. Mark just seems out of touch with the team. How about Carmichael Dave does he have a good voice? I have never heard him on radio.

Maybe it’s the nostalgia I am missing. Mark just seems out of touch with the team. How about Carmichael Dave does he have a good voice? I have never heard him on radio.
Haha if we have Carmichael Dave on the color mic, he'd gonna be giving us non-stop conspiracy theories and complaining about all the NBA pain points like referees, etc like Jeff Van Gundy.