Mark Jones named new TV PBP voice

dude12

Hall of Famer
So he’s the main announcer but won’t be doing all the games. What I hope doesn’t happen is Jones coming here and not being prepared.....as in please do his due diligence and know the team.

Pretty good announcer. A lot better than I was anticipating. Though he probably won’t have the hometown announcer feel that Grant brought since he’s a national announcer with no real connection to Sacramento. I’m going to miss all the drinking game Grant stuff about 2 for 1’s if they hurry, the foul to give, the refs taking no guff and being right more often than not, how the kings should feel ever fortunate that they aren’t being beat as bad as they could be.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Pretty good announcer. A lot better than I was anticipating. Though he probably won’t have the hometown announcer feel that Grant brought since he’s a national announcer with no real connection to Sacramento. I’m going to miss all the drinking game Grant stuff about 2 for 1’s if they hurry, the foul to give, the refs taking no guff and being right more often than not, how the kings should feel ever fortunate that they aren’t being beat as bad as they could be.
“Remember that point, Jerry.”

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
“Remember that point, Jerry.”
Team hits a technical free throw down thirty with ten minutes left.
“Remember that point Jerry”

Ironically, he never said it during the two ridiculous comebacks the Kings actually managed to pull off.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Yeah, it will certainly be a different course with less personality and more anchor kind of vibe. Also some of that fan angst coming through the booth will likely be subdued with this new combo, haha. Toe that company line a bit better. Mark Jones will bring a different feel but he should be a great addition.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
This is a great get! Happy with it. Doug will get him up to speed. They have a 35 minute interview/chat on youtube, seems like they already have a good rapport:

Not just that, it seems like they have a great relationship and have known each other for decades. I wonder if DC played a big part in recruiting him?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It is a fact that Mark Jones has been politically vocal. This website, as you all know, avoids political discussions for obvious reasons. Please do not push the discussion into Jones' politics, or into a comparison of Jones and Napear that goes beyond their abilities to announce a game. Thank you.

It is a fact that Mark Jones has been politically vocal. This website, as you all know, avoids political discussions for obvious reasons. Please do not push the discussion into Jones' politics, or into a comparison of Jones and Napear that goes beyond their abilities to announce a game. Thank you.
I thought I forgot to hit post on what I said earlier but it makes sense now why I don’t see it or why I only see positive posts about the hire based on posters in the past supporting grant. All personal opinions aside, if he’s a good announcer then it’s a plus for the kings and the fans. Thank for explaining what happened. I figured i would have gotten a dm on why my post was deleted like those warnings :p

Wow Capt! I did not push any discussion about Mark Jones and any political beliefs he might have had

I stated I thought Mark Jones would be a good announcer for the Kings!

The problem I had was with JASON Jones and the way he announced it and My problem with JASON Jones bringing in Napear into a political discussion. if I wanted Napear political agruments I would go to the Grant Napear threads

Jason Jones is the one you need to get mad at not me!!!

Feel free to PM me if I am still out of line

oh Yeah first time since 2004 a Mod has EVER deleted a post of mine - and no explanation? WTH?

Jkbiker

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Thank for explaining what happened. I figured i would have gotten a dm on why my post was deleted like those warnings :p
Sometimes I send the DM out and sometimes I don't! I've had a busy day, so I skipped it and just hoped that the reason was obvious! :)

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Wow Capt! I did not push any discussion about Mark Jones and any political beliefs he might have had

I stated I thought Mark Jones would be a good announcer for the Kings!

The problem I had was with JASON Jones and the way he announced it and My problem with JASON Jones bringing in Napear into a political discussion. if I wanted Napear political agruments I would go to the Grant Napear threads

Jason Jones is the one you need to get mad at not me!!!

Feel free to PM me if I am still out of line

oh Yeah first time since 2004 a Mod has EVER deleted a post of mine - and no explanation? WTH?

Jkbiker
PM coming!

Color me happy with this hire too. Mark Jones is a good PbP guy.

I’m wondering if the pro Kayte Hunter crowd here might get their wish with her becoming part time fill in? I can see that happening. Her or Kozimor. IDK, I suppose they could have Deuce called up from Stockton on those days too.