March 27 broadcast info

I am glad that this worked out. Hopefully this will lead to one or more of these Ladies getting a full time gig. Would love if with the Kings.

I am glad that this worked out. Hopefully this will lead to one or more of these Ladies getting a full time gig. Would love if with the Kings.
Agreed. I absolutely LOVE Morgan Ragan and think it’s just a matter of time before she picks up a full time Kayte Christensen type gig. If it were me and we are only getting one year of Mark Jones as a solid from ESPN to bridge the gap between Grant, I would put Doug and Kayte on the call and promote Morgan to sideline reporter when that spot opens up from Kayte getting the call up

Agreed. I absolutely LOVE Morgan Ragan and think it’s just a matter of time before she picks up a full time Kayte Christensen type gig. If it were me and we are only getting one year of Mark Jones as a solid from ESPN to bridge the gap between Grant, I would put Doug and Kayte on the call and promote Morgan to sideline reporter when that spot opens up from Kayte getting the call up
I know it is blasphemous but eventually there will be an opening on the radio.

Do we know if Kayte applied for the color commentator gig? I just can't imagine she wasn't the first choice considering her history with the club. I guess not everyone would want that type of job considering the travel. Then again I don't know how much she currently travels in her current role.

Do we know if Kayte applied for the color commentator gig? I just can't imagine she wasn't the first choice considering her history with the club. I guess not everyone would want that type of job considering the travel. Then again I don't know how much she currently travels in her current role.
With COVID no travel.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't think that either one of them could handle a full-time PBP job, or were you talking about a three-person booth?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Because commenting is generally a different skillset than announcing, and what tends to happen when color analysts get shifted to play-by-play is that their first impulse is to analyze, which is not the announcer's job. I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting either Doug Christie or Kayte Hunter as a full-time play-by-play announcer, because I feel like they would get too wrapped up in wanting to break down the play on the court, instead of simply describing what is happening, in real time.

Last edited:
I don't think that either one of them could handle a full-time PBP job, or were you talking about a three-person booth?
It would be up to the kings to decide how they wanna set it up but a three person booth with Koz or Kayte (& Doug) being groomed to eventually take over as a duo with another Mark Jones type on the call with them, maybe Draper, makes plenty of sense to me. I don’t imagine Gary Gerould would be interested in doing tv after all this time

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Because commenting is generally a different skillset than announcing, and what tends to happen when color analysts get shifted to play-by-play is that their first impulse is to analyze, which is not the announcer's job. I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting either Doug Christie or Kayte Hunter as a full-time play-by-play announcer, because I feel like they would get too wrapped up in wanting to break down the play on the court, instead of simply describing what is happening, in real time.
Yep. Trying to get color commentators to also do PbP is how you end up with ”players only” night and that was pretty much unwatchable.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Was it NBA TV that had a bunch of guys sitting around on couches calling the game? That was the worst NBA viewing experience I've had.
It would be like Greg Anthony, Dennis Scott, and Isiah Thomas sitting around in the studio in Atlanta barely watching a game being played in Denver and not even talking about the game being played. I remember they had C-Webb and McHale do it a couple times too but that almost worked because McHale would at least try to talk about what was happening.

Both views have their points. Bottom line was the Kings were changing their broadcasting team, therefore had an opportunity to be pro-active and yet they chose an all male team. Does Christie's limited experience really put him in a different class than any of these Ladies or does his experience come from the good old boy network because he was a player before?

Another question, why are all the Ladies that are being given this "opportunity" pleasing to the eye? Just part of the hypocrisy.
quite frankly I think Kayte is better than Doug. Her analysis is as good but it’s delivered with better grammar and less trying to be Jerry Reynolds. Doug hits on maybe 1 out of 4 of those comments.

It would be like Greg Anthony, Dennis Scott, and Isiah Thomas sitting around in the studio in Atlanta barely watching a game being played in Denver and not even talking about the game being played. I remember they had C-Webb and McHale do it a couple times too but that almost worked because McHale would at least try to talk about what was happening.
You could have mic'd up any living room across the country and gotten the same analysis as those guys gave.

quite frankly I think Kayte is better than Doug. Her analysis is as good but it’s delivered with better grammar and less trying to be Jerry Reynolds. Doug hits on maybe 1 out of 4 of those comments.
Doug is better with Draper. It seems like Doug and Jones are trying to 1 up each other on the sayings.

Which one was the non binary?

I'll have to say that I enjoyed the March 27 broadcast far more than the one last night (Mar 30).

It was back to the homer same ol', same ol'. "Take that you dirty rat." Geez.

If Krista Blunk and Kayte became our regular announcing crew, I would not be upset. They were rock solid.
I thought they were pretty G League myself. Blunk actually has a nice voice for play by play but where was the excitement when Fox had that late game and 1? It was like she forgot it was a close game at the end of the 4th quarter. I just wasn't a fan of the energy from them.