March 27 broadcast info

I thought they were pretty G League myself. Blunk actually has a nice voice for play by play but where was the excitement when Fox had that late game and 1? It was like she forgot it was a close game at the end of the 4th quarter. I just wasn't a fan of the energy from them.
Style is a matter of taste.

To me, the announcing job is to report what is happening in the game. The analysis position is to put the happenings into perspective. I don't need their excitement to get excited myself - some folks do. (There are other intimate things in life that are similarly stimulated.:p)

Additionally, the fake fan background noise being pumped in when there are no fans is another created atmosphere. The players can't even hear it while we are being artificially manipulated by some person in a booth turning a volume knob. Laugh tracks on TV shows serve the same purpose.

Just give me the game...with real names, without cliches, and devoid of extravagant behavior. If others need/want these things, then that is just fine. The point is that there are multiple perspectives on how a game broadcast should happen.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Style is a matter of taste.

To me, the announcing job is to report what is happening in the game. The analysis position is to put the happenings into perspective. I don't need their excitement to get excited myself - some folks do. (There are other intimate things in life that are similarly stimulated.:p)

Additionally, the fake fan background noise being pumped in when there are no fans is another created atmosphere. The players can't even hear it while we are being artificially manipulated by some person in a booth turning a volume knob. Laugh tracks on TV shows serve the same purpose.

Just give me the game...with real names, without cliches, and devoid of extravagant behavior. If others need/want these things, then that is just fine. The point is that there are multiple perspectives on how a game broadcast should happen.
The players can hear it in the arena.

Maybe I'm thinking baseball or football for the piped in noise. But the concept remains the same.

Last edited: