Maloofs Have Given til 5PM Friday for Back Up Offer From Sac Group!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Lillis ‏@Ryan_Lillis 4m

Source: If matching back-up offer doesn't arrive by Friday or doesn't match Seattle, Maloofs have said talks are off with Sacramento

LOL, this statement assumes that talks were ON. Hilarious.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
So sick of their nonsense. I'm sorry but I'm going with non-story on this one. Stern already said he's having none of this, and the NBA is going to proceed with their normal procedure for potential team sales.

Maloofs have a PSA with Hansen and got $30 million deposit specifically not to talk with anybody else. If they were in direct contact with anybody from Sacramento, Hansen has pretty obvious case against Maloofs.

Maloofs have a PSA with Hansen and got $30 million deposit specifically not to talk with anybody else. If they were in direct contact with anybody from Sacramento, Hansen has pretty obvious case against Maloofs.
They have it anyways in regards to the deposit. It's a non issue for getting it back.

Think this is good news for Sacramento. If Seattle were the clear favorite, then why would this even be an issue? The Maloofs are now SPEAKING with Sacramento, they must have told them how much exactly the offer is to match. How can they do this if they aren't allowed to negotiate with other parties?

Very, very interesting. I'm optimistic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Word is in typical Maloofian fashion, the deposit check has not been cashed.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 2m

Maloofs beginning to see Sac has votes. Want Sac offer BINDING, to prevent Hansen rejection/Sac offer dropping. Both fair and great signs.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 2m

Maloofs beginning to see Sac has votes. Want Sac offer BINDING, to prevent Hansen rejection/Sac offer dropping. Both fair and great signs.
Well there you go. They don't have the votes so they want to sell locally. I wonder if Scrooge Maloof was visited by three ghosts when he was in bed that made him reconsider his actions?

What's even better is all those Clowns from Seattle are all grasping for straws now. I can't wait to make fun of them on Twitter when this all goes down. It'll be so sweet after all the crap they have said during this whole ordeal.

Sen. Steinberg: “…Sacramento has made not only a fully competitive offer, but an offer that matches dollar-for-dollar the Seattle offer.”

Anyone hear about this? Are they forwarding the matching offer this week to Maloofs?

Sen. Steinberg: “…Sacramento has made not only a fully competitive offer, but an offer that matches dollar-for-dollar the Seattle offer.”

Anyone hear about this? Are they forwarding the matching offer this week to Maloofs?

The league already has the Sacramento offer... why bother talking to the Clowns now?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer

The ;problem here is that because the details in a purchase contract of this size are numerous and the Sac offer would by default NOT cover some of the expenses in an offer to move the team. So a dollar to dollar comparison is a bit ricky. More o he point I have heard several different stories about the size of the offer and there is some dispute as to if it is competitive, the same or less than the Seattle offer.

Is it even possible at this point for Maloofs to kill deal with Seattle group? What is the point in accepting other offers beyond nonsensical Maloofian reasons?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The ;problem here is that because the details in a purchase contract of this size are numerous and the Sac offer would by default NOT cover some of the expenses in an offer to move the team. So a dollar to dollar comparison is a bit ricky. More o he point I have heard several different stories about the size of the offer and there is some dispute as to if it is competitive, the same or less than the Seattle offer.
Source please! I've heard nothing from anyone that matters about the offer not being competitive and matching. I'm not into speculating without facts. So if you have info about the offer not matching, who is your source.

Ryan Lillis ‏@Ryan_Lillis 4m

Source: If matching back-up offer doesn't arrive by Friday or doesn't match Seattle, Maloofs have said talks are off with Sacramento

LOL, this statement assumes that talks were ON. Hilarious.
LOL! They can go F themselves. They are in no position to be calling any shots or making any demands.

Source please! I've heard nothing from anyone that matters about the offer not being competitive and matching. I'm not into speculating without facts. So if you have info about the offer not matching, who is your source.
Chris Daniels from Seattle tweeted that sources said it wasn't matching. That with the somewhat wishy washy Steinberg language is all there is on that side.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Carmichael Dave tweeted that the offer was 30 mill under Seattle. The speculation was that they might get to keep the 30 mil deposit and that would make them whole on the deal.

I would also assume that if the offers really were dollar for dollar matches the Maloofs would not bother with this deadline crap. As I said earlier, it looks very much as if the M's have made the calls and know where the votes are and are tying to up the Sacramento offer before it is the only one on the table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.