Malone new head coach! (merged)

Possible leak....

Brendan Suhr ‏@brendansuhr 7m
Congrats to Mike Malone on becoming HC of Sac Kings His Dad Brendan & I were C Daly's asst w/ Bad Boys. He has paid his dues. Proud of him.
Details

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Possible leak....

Brendan Suhr ‏@brendansuhr 7m
Congrats to Mike Malone on becoming HC of Sac Kings His Dad Brendan & I were C Daly's asst w/ Bad Boys. He has paid his dues. Proud of him.
Details
Very interesting. I don't follow Brendan Suhr but he's got an interesting little tidbit about JVG coming back to coaching, too...

I'll be perfectly happy with Mike Malone as our new head coach if it comes to pass. Let's see how long it takes before one of the regular guys picks it up.

Very interesting. I don't follow Brendan Suhr but he's got an interesting little tidbit about JVG coming back to coaching, too...

I'll be perfectly happy with Mike Malone as our new head coach if it comes to pass. Let's see how long it takes before one of the regular guys picks it up.
I have a feeling reporters are furiously dialing all their sources so they can confirm. We'll see how long it takes for Twitter to explode.

Wojo wins.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
Golden State's Mike Malone has reached an agreement in principle on a four-year deal to coach the Sacramento Kings, sources tell Y! Sports.
Details

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm watching now to see whether Aaron Bruski or Sam Amick gets the confirmation first. ;)
The note from Yahoo! is attributed to Amick but if the race is "who gets the first Twitter note" I don't know if this counts. :) The note from Yahoo quoting Amick was posted at 5 PM Pacific time.

Last edited:
other then hearing good things from CP3 and a guy who works with the Warriors, i know nothing about Malone, so i hope this was a good hire, and not just Vivek using his GSW roots. time will tell!

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 4s
Can confirm @WojYahooNBA report on Mike Malone to Kings. Deal is worth more than $9 million if fourth year team option is picked up.

Entity

Hall of Famer
he was considered one of the top assistants whos next step was head coach by many outlets. several articles and list made on that very topic by sports writers around the nation.

Very happy with this hire, from the things i have read.

Let hope he is still the coach at the end of that contract, that would be nice for a change, and would mean we have had some good years.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The Sacramento Kings just hired a defense-minded coach. Think about that for a moment.

Names that this could bring to mind: Frank Vogel. Rick Carlisle, Tom Thibodeau

Usually this forum is divided on such issues, but Malone was pretty much consensus.. Great hire to start the new era... Thats actually a good deal if its 4/9.+, 4th year team option, if we were competing with the Clips and others for his services

Entity

Hall of Famer
Alot of articles also stating that Marc Jackson was more of a motivator that Mike Malone was the X's and O's guy he made most decisions.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Good news. Obviously there's other names I'd prefer, more well known guys, but I'm going to give Vivek the benefit of doubt until I see a reason not too. This could potentially be a great hire as Malone could be the next Thibs. And I for one am extremely excited about his defensive philosophy.

Says the right things, learned from the right people, has had defensive success in more than one location and has a good reputation around the league.

Welcome, Mike.