Luka Doncic (pre and post-draft discussion thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this interesting that Luka Doncic actually has a negative On/Off on Real Madrid this year.

His team scored 1.8 more points per 100 possessions with him on the court but...
opponents scored 2.6 more points per 100 possessions with him on the court

Meaning his team is 0.8 points per 100 possessions BETTER with him off the floor.

I was shocked when I saw this statistic. Can anyone bring up another Euroleague MVP that has had a negative on/off? Has there ever been a NBA MVP that has had a negative on/off? This seems insane to me!

Does Doncic actually translate into winning basketball when his current team is actually better with him off the floor?

http://overbasket.com/rsplayers.php?tab=32&year=2017&pcode=005929&cmp=EL
Interesting find, gives the grizzlies something to think about?

Such terrible reasoning. I like Fox and I hope he takes a huge step forward next season but right now he's a non-shooting, non-playmaking PG who didn't make either the first or second all-rookie team, who was an atrocious defender last season and who had a lower PER than Lonzo Ball who Blob is already calling a bust. To let that player shape your draft strategy for the #2 pick in what's widely regarded as a very strong draft up top is just stupid.
Drafting players based on fit with a non shooter who didn’t even make the all rookie team and can’t run an offense. ****ing embarrassing

And who do 2 bad shooters fit haha

Wow. Luka speaks pretty darned good English. He just said he's glad to be here, he just wants to be an impact player - and he wouldn't take the bait of saying which team he wants to go to. I love this kid.
Ya just saw that but can’t be possible cause he didn’t give us his medicals and said he wouldn’t player here. That was before or after he took pictures with our management

But you can't wait for the Kings to fail so you can be proven right. That sure sounds like someone that is eager to be proven right.
I'm just really really really confident that's what's gonna happen.
I'm already sure Doncic will be a great player. Not sure if Bagley is going to be a "ok" player or a bust.
I don't see any star potential in him right now, maybe I'm blinded by the draft emotions. Maybe Bagley will prove me wrong, I'll be totally surprised.
Doncic landed in a perfect situation apparently, good coach in Carlisle, good mentor in Dirk, no tanking scenario without the pick.
But... In case I'm not wrong, please we have to remember not to wonder why everyone treat this organization as a joke.

I'm just really really really confident that's what's gonna happen.
I'm already sure Doncic will be a great player. Not sure if Bagley is going to be a "ok" player or a bust.
I don't see any star potential in him right now, maybe I'm blinded by the draft emotions. Maybe Bagley will prove me wrong, I'll be totally surprised.
Doncic landed in a perfect situation apparently, good coach in Carlisle, good mentor in Dirk, no tanking scenario without the pick.
But... In case I'm not wrong, please we have to remember not to wonder why everyone treat this organization as a joke.
all subjective, Doncic easily could be a bust, none of us know

A big reason why I wanted Bagley outside of his talent was because it most likely forces Joergers hand to not run that garbage high post offense that doesn't win in today's NBA. With Doncic he would have done the same crap and we would have had a new GM/Coach after next year.

Lol how has he proven anything?
He didn't prove anything yet... ok.

Until you prove it in the NBA on a nightly basis you're game is suspect.
Hahahaha. Nikos Galis' game is suspect, hall of famer. Drazen Dalipagic's game is suspect, hall of famer. Oscar Schmidt's game is suspect, hall of famer. Bodiroga's game is suspect, future hall of famer. And so on...

Last edited:
No, it's not. How can he be a bust? He's already proven.
He hasn’t proven a thing at an NBA level.

He will be a very good player in the NBA. Time will tell how good but Luka has proven as much in the NBA as every other player picked yesterday. A good as Euroleague is, NBA is a huge jump. Sergio Rodriguez was Euroleague MVP, widely considered as one of the best players in Europe yet he has failed twice in the NBA at 3 different teams.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He hasn’t proven a thing at an NBA level.

He will be a very good player in the NBA. Time will tell how good but Luka has proven as much in the NBA as every other player picked yesterday. A good as Euroleague is, NBA is a huge jump. Sergio Rodriguez was Euroleague MVP, widely considered as one of the best players in Europe yet he has failed twice in the NBA at 3 different teams.
While you make fair points, I think the odds of Luka not succeeding in the NBA are astronomical.

Status
Not open for further replies.