Luka Doncic (the 'LET'S RE-LITIGATE THE PICK UNTO PERPETUITY~!' thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Off of what I’ve seen over the last two days,” Carlisle told Eddie Sefko of Dallas Morning News, “anybody who doesn’t jump on season tickets now is going to sorely regret it later, that’s all I’ll say.”

SLAB

Hall of Famer
“Off of what I’ve seen over the last two days,” Carlisle told Eddie Sefko of Dallas Morning News, “anybody who doesn’t jump on season tickets now is going to sorely regret it later, that’s all I’ll say.”
I hate to re-open this can of worms, but dang.... every time I read something about this kid it reminds me how bitter I remain about the draft.

can we retire this thread? i'm too sad to see his name being brought up anywhere..
Should the thread be retired? The Kings just used their highest pick in ages in a manner that most wouldn't. You'd think this would be something where evaluation and assessment would be fair game.

CAN moderators close unpopular threads at Kingsfans.com? Yeah, that's pretty much the default setting.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Should the thread be retired? The Kings just used their highest pick in ages in a manner that most wouldn't. You'd think this would be something where evaluation and assessment would be fair game.

CAN moderators close unpopular threads at Kingsfans.com? Yeah, that's pretty much the default setting.
You seem to be unhappy

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

If you don't like how the board is run, you can always just find somewhere else.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hate to re-open this can of worms, but dang.... every time I read something about this kid it reminds me how bitter I remain about the draft.
If you hated to reopen the can of worms, you wouldn't have made the comment. ;) Face it. You and some others who preferred Doncic are harboring (at least in part) a secret hope that Doncic does much better than Bagley so you can feel vindicated. It's happened before and it will happen again. I fully understand the feeling as I really wanted us to draft Doncic, too. I really wanted a pony for Christmas when I was a kid, too. That didn't happen either and I survived. I suspect we'll all survive drafting Bagley - in fact, I remain optimistic we'll end up pretty happy with how things went. If not, oh well - nobody ever said being a Kings fan is easy. ;)

If you hated to reopen the can of worms, you wouldn't have made the comment. ;) Face it. You and some others who preferred Doncic are harboring (at least in part) a secret hope that Doncic does much better than Bagley so you can feel vindicated. It's happened before and it will happen again. I fully understand the feeling as I really wanted us to draft Doncic, too. I really wanted a pony for Christmas when I was a kid, too. That didn't happen either and I survived. I suspect we'll all survive drafting Bagley - in fact, I remain optimistic we'll end up pretty happy with how things went. If not, oh well - nobody ever said being a Kings fan is easy. ;)
I was as high on Doncic as anyone at the time of the draft and was upset that we took Bagley. I took my time to sulk and now I'm over it. It's time to cheer for our boy Bagley.

Unfortunately, I think Doncic is one of those players that will look good from the get go whereas Bagley may struggle initially with the idea that he has higher potential in the long run. If the first part is true, we're probably going to see a lot of "i told you sos" around here even though the jury will still be out.

It might all look like 'Dirk praises Luka', but it really says 'ESPN praises Luka'.

If MGIII was on the Lakers, there would be daily links to his learning curve, his backstory, the fear that a record setting Duke freshman was now playing alongside the NBAs biggest control freak/ star. In an attempt to connect with those that don't have MGIII on their team, reporters would express concern for league parity, also using the opportunity to send condolences for King's fans who still have Vlade the GM. 'Still flopping'.

If Luka was on the Kings reports would focus on his body fat percentage. World would be concerned he couldn't be bothered turning up in shape and also question why the Kings collection of professionals were being beat up in pickup gamed by an obese kid from Europe. 'Only when the Sacramento Kings are involved the USA appears less fat than its neighbours' says one reporter. 'Kings Luka needs empty calories, not empty praise: the latest Sacramento Kings misstep' says another.

It's all noise.

he did ok in his first preseason game, albeit vs non-nba competition. 5/7, 3/4, 3/6 for 16pts, 6 reb, 2 ast, 3 blocks, 4 TO. looks plumpy to me, I think he will run that off once the season starts....

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Luka looked good in his first game but the Mavs were essentially playing the Washington Generals so it's hard to take much away from the performance.

Luka looked good in his first game but the Mavs were essentially playing the Washington Generals so it's hard to take much away from the performance.
As was Bagley in SL, leaving the wrong taste.

It better not come close to playing out like that for anyone remotely involved in the pick. Anyone involved in it other than Vivek who can’t be let go

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Ducks seem like a computer generated team from NBA 2K. Their best player is former D-League All-Star Justin Hamilton (who had a monster 29/13 night for some reason).

I was as high on Doncic as anyone at the time of the draft and was upset that we took Bagley. I took my time to sulk and now I'm over it. It's time to cheer for our boy Bagley.

Unfortunately, I think Doncic is one of those players that will look good from the get go whereas Bagley may struggle initially with the idea that he has higher potential in the long run. If the first part is true, we're probably going to see a lot of "i told you sos" around here even though the jury will still be out.
People are already annoying as hell on twitter after the starts.

A bunch of people I consider really smart are like "LOLZ KANGZ REALLY SCREWED THIS ONE UP LOLZ"

Unfortunately, unless Bagley becomes Amare Stoudemire, the Kings are going to get laughed at about the pick. Everyone already decided that Bagley was a bad pick. It's frankly just ridiculous and people refuse to give credit to the Kings if they do something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.