Luka/Dallas and Vlade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Vlade fan in the least but could some of his concerns about Luka be valid and is Luka Russ 2.0? Thought this might be a interesting topic instead of fire xxx or trade yyyy

He sucks up the counting stats but
  • His version of defense is hanging around the lane to grab a rebound or steal
  • He tends to dominate the ball on offense with a 12% higher usage than players like Curry, Durant, or Jokic.
  • He came into the league in poor shape this year.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Some of the concerns about Luka being a team players, would he be content in a market like Sac, what happens if the team struggles, etc. were absolutely valid but this is the modern NBA and apply to maybe 80% of the players. The one we drafted was not better in these areas and also turns out to be not as good at basketball which is a major problem.

gunks

Hall of Famer
This thread would go down easier if we didn’t, you know…. Draft a complete bust at 2?

Or if the team morale and record weren’t spiraling down the toilet, as usual. I doubt anyone in Phoenix or Atlanta is losing much sleep over missing out on Luka.

Personally, I’d take chubby European Westbrook on this team. Even if he wasn’t working out, we’d be able to trade him for A LOT. Maybe we can get a 2nd rounder or something for Bagley.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The mental gymnastics we Kings fans go through to tell ourselves everything will be okay.
I don't do any. Helps that Sacramento only has one sports team and I spent a huge chunk of my formative years in a city that had a nice run in all the others (after I left).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Not a Vlade fan in the least but could some of his concerns about Luka be valid and is Luka Russ 2.0? Thought this might be a interesting topic instead of fire xxx or trade yyyy
Uhh, haven't you been around the last four years? There is literally nothing to be gained by rehashing this discussion again. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.