looks like webber hurts himself

As much as I dislike webber, I do feel very sorry for him. He put up with alot of **** while he was in Sacramento from both the fans and media. But you have to admit, he does have a slight "injury" problem. Maybe its something that GP knew when he traded him who knows.

This will put alot of pressure for him in Philly, the injury and his lack of play over the last few games are really starting to amass. This isn't Sacto and the fans in Philly are brutal. It seems that since he left, I have stopped hating him and started liking him more and more. Hopefully he'll reebound and get his "A" game going.

piksi said:
"overwhelming consensus" - according to whom

Let me start with GM's - We barely got what we got for him. Nobody else wanted him - not even Thomas

peers - like any of them ever really tells the truth about such issues.

fans - what fans. They should start a poll on ESPN - "would You want Webber on your team". He only still have support in Sacramento due to the past contributions. Not even in Philly.

He was a great player untill the PO of 2003. He is not anymore except in his own mind.
I like Webb, but I agree with Piksi. Webb's a different player now since that injuried in Dallas series.

Speedy recovery, Webb!! :)

Heuge said:
We got three "regulars" for him. So he most be more then regular
Peers- whatever
fans-look at the fan boards (around the league) reaction after the trade.

You are right he was a great player before the injury (though you did not admit it at the time). Now, he is a very good player (boarderline all-star). That is not just in his own head. Many people share this veiw.
To think otherwise, just shows biases and hatred.
I agree with you. And, the three regulars are pretty dang good, and many people thought we got screwed for not getting more in return. Although Webb hasn't played as well in Philly, the overwhelming opinion seems to be that AI and Obrien are a big part of that.

Yes, Webb was better before his injury, probably one of the all time greats, and yes, he will never be there again, but he is not just one of the "regular" NBA players. Regular players don't have the kind of expectations put on them that Webb has to deal with. Regular players don't get traded midseason to a struggling team in hopes that they can single handedly turn a season around.

Team Dime said:
Are you serious???

Webber has been playing with a bad knee every since he came back from microfracture surgery. Do you have any idea how hard is to play with that? Just look at how other players who had the same surgery (Houston and Hardaway) have been very ineffective and missed alot more games than Webber.
Jason Kidd: Player who had microfracture in 2004, not 2003. Apparently MUCH more successful surgery than Webber, Houston, and Hardaway had.

Eduardo Najera: 2001. Did ya even know? Well, maybe in 2004-2005 pre-season when he was traded, but not before that did anyone talk about his microfracture surgery.

Doug Christie: Long ago (meaning I didn't research the year, but it was much earlier in his career). It's been referenced in numerous articles. Do a google search if you don't believe me. :D

NFL players who had successful microfracture surgery: Washington Redskins defensive end Bruce Smith and Raiders free safety Rod Woodson.

When we talk about CW and his microfracture surgery, why do we only bring up the failures?

This is a serious question, by the way. I do understand that this is a serious surgery and can explain Chris's delay in having it done at the end of 2003, but why do we only bring up the failures?

D

DeAtHrOw

Twix said:
I like Webb, but I agree with Piksi. Webb's a different player now since that injuried in Dallas series.

Speedy recovery, Webb!! :)

I am with piksi on this one too.

It sucks to see Webb having problems in Philly. I wish he would of been traded and been all good. I think Petrie continues to trade players at the right time but also GM's are gonna start to look at him a different way when trades go down.

D

DeAtHrOw

Diehard Jim said:
I could play with AI I would be his perfect teammate. I would just stand there and watch him play and collect a 6 figure income!

LOL, you and I both :D But you get my point, anyone who has been used to "being the man" on their team and get traded to Philly they just cannot mash with AI. He has to get his number of shots regardless of the fact he is hitting them or not.

Diehard Jim said:
I could play with AI I would be his perfect teammate. I would just stand there and watch him play and collect a 6 figure income!
HAHAH Hey count me in, I will play SF and just watch as he takes 80 shots a night.

Perfect statement DHJ.. AI is one of the best individual players in the league. To bad for him this isn't ESPN street ball.

Diehard Jim said:
^ I think NBA Ballers is more AI's type!

Look at AI and Marbury, They could not even lead a star studded USA team to anything more than a bronze!
Yup, that was a testamony to how overrated those guys are.

AI and AI2 are a good duo...they actually play well together...and they definetly are fun to watch

given AI is still gonna chuck up 67 shots a night...but it still doesn't ever really seem to effect Iggy's game any...:shrugs:

kingskings! said:
Jason Kidd: Player who had microfracture in 2004, not 2003. Apparently MUCH more successful surgery than Webber, Houston, and Hardaway had.

Eduardo Najera: 2001. Did ya even know? Well, maybe in 2004-2005 pre-season when he was traded, but not before that did anyone talk about his microfracture surgery.

Doug Christie: Long ago (meaning I didn't research the year, but it was much earlier in his career). It's been referenced in numerous articles. Do a google search if you don't believe me. :D

NFL players who had successful microfracture surgery: Washington Redskins defensive end Bruce Smith and Raiders free safety Rod Woodson.

When we talk about CW and his microfracture surgery, why do we only bring up the failures?

This is a serious question, by the way. I do understand that this is a serious surgery and can explain Chris's delay in having it done at the end of 2003, but why do we only bring up the failures?
The point is that it's the exception, not the norm to have a successful comeback from the surgery. It's damn near impossible to be better than you were before the surgery, you always lose something post surgery.

As for piksi's comments, Webber was averaging 21, 10, and 5, made several clutch shots, played well in the playoffs, and was the Western Conf Player on the month for January. It was also a crime that he was left out of the All Star game. He is much more than an average player. He's not great, but he's still very good. Keep in mind that it's hard for any player to adjust on the fly to a new offensive system with under 30 games left, especially when you have an idiot like O Brien and a one of the most selfish players in the league in Iverson.

I remember Rod Woodson playing well in the Superbowl against the Cowboys and pointing to his knee after he broke up a pass for Irvin, but I don't think he played too much longer or all that well after that. As for Bruce Smith, I'm a Bills fan and Bruce was a shell of himself the entire time w/ the Redskins. He should've retired before he went there, he just wanted to get more $ and pad his stats.