Looking ahead to the 2023 Draft

bajaden

Hall of Famer
With the DDOS coming to an end, we'll have more to talk about. So far I'm been tucked away in a corner watching film all day long to the point where I think I'm going blind. My conclusion so far is that this should be a very deep draft with very good talent from 1 to around 15 or 16, maybe more. Even after then, there's still good rotational talent that should be available. This draft is full of wings, so if the KIng's are still looking for one, there should be one available. My other conclusion is that highschool basketball is very hard to watch. Please let the college season begin...

Tristian Vukcevic has started like a house on fire during the preseason so far, to me he's a much better player than former GSW player Alen Smailigic hopefully he can beat him out for playing time but still has to contend with Zac LeDay who the team is paying 2million per season to which is massive money in Europe. I'm hoping they move LeDay as a undersized C for spurts and Tristian to PF. He should have gone to Mega imo him and Durisic would have been a nasty duo to contend with.

Also one of my favorite players to watch signed with the college team UCSB Gauchos in Matija Belic he's 6;7 guard, in terms of size/athletic ability he's similar to Josh Giddy he's not the ball handler/playmaker Josh is but he's a 40% 3 point shooter and very herky jerky and excellent going to his right hand (needs work on the left). Very smart, tough elite offensive rebounder for his size/position really hope he can blow up. Watching him play in the KLS/ABA Liga 2 everytime he gets the ball I feel like something is going to happened.

Last edited:
Thierry Serge Darlan 6'6" swingman with a 7'2" wingspan from the Central Republic of Africa was the MVP of the BWB camp in Egypt a month ago that had Steve Kerr, Chauncy Billups and Willie Green coaching, plus a bunch of front office/scouts in attendance.

He looks solid! His jumper looks smooth.

I was rather unimpressed by Rayan Rupert's (whos got the same frame) skill level in the summer tournament.. This player is interesting! gonna keep tabs on him. Hope we keep seeing his name til the offseason.

Born February 3rd 2004 so this draft will be his first year of eligibility.

I know the Kings are in "win-now" mode.. This player looks like a solid candidate for a low risk high reward development project worth waiting for, to me..

I cant believe my eyes looking at ESPN's latest mock update Rayan Rupert #16 over Brandon Miller, Gradey Dick, Djurisic, Leonard Miller, GG Jackson.. No Baba Miller.

Also cant help but notice the lack of 3pt shooting throughout the 60 picks..

someone fill me in here but did Luka did get as much hype as Victor?
Luka didn't get as much AMERICAN hype because instead of playing 2 meaningless games againt a G-League Team in order to showcasing his talent, he was busy dominating the Euroleague at 18 years old.
That's not againt Wembanyama who I think is the next big thing but more about how you guys consider professional euro basketball.
Sorry to sound rude !

Honestly? Because Luka didn't have elite measurables and wasn't a physical freak.

Basketball experts and plugged in fans in the US knew Luka was good and a definite top 3 talent in the draft. But the big question was - for all of his feel, basketball IQ, offensive skill, and playmaking ability - was he a good enough athlete to succeed in the NBA? Which broke down into smaller questions like - Could he create space in the same way? Could he succeed against, bigger, faster defenders? Would he get consistently torched on defense?

Other than being a poor defender (but not as awful as some feared) he's answered those questions.

Wemanyama doesn't have those same questions. He has elite measureables. He's a terrific, coordinated athlete for someone his size.

And as the draft gets closer he'll get more scrutiny too. Is he strong enough? Can he play center? Will his body hold up? Will an NBA team really let him play like a supersized Durant or will he have to be in the post more? etc

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Honestly? Because Luka didn't have elite measurables and wasn't a physical freak.

Basketball experts and plugged in fans in the US knew Luka was good and a definite top 3 talent in the draft. But the big question was - for all of his feel, basketball IQ, offensive skill, and playmaking ability - was he a good enough athlete to succeed in the NBA? Which broke down into smaller questions like - Could he create space in the same way? Could he succeed against, bigger, faster defenders? Would he get consistently torched on defense?

Other than being a poor defender (but not as awful as some feared) he's answered those questions.

Wemanyama doesn't have those same questions. He has elite measureables. He's a terrific, coordinated athlete for someone his size.

And as the draft gets closer he'll get more scrutiny too. Is he strong enough? Can he play center? Will his body hold up? Will an NBA team really let him play like a supersized Durant or will he have to be in the post more? etc
goes to show you one never really knows how a player will fare out once he is in the pros. Sure, Vic has elite measurables and frame but do you really want your 7'3 player shooting three's at a high clip instead of mixing it up in the post and other spots on the floor.