Lengthy mock for the draft junkies

This was done by Dancing Barry at LG.net.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=2919

It's way too long to post here or I'll have to split it into 20 different responses, but here's DB's take on the Kings.

------------------------------------------------------------------

NO. 23 - KINGS
Wayne Simien - Measured: 6' 7¼"/6' 9"/255.8/7' 0"/8' 11" Tested: 11/27½"/11.05/3.35/49
Again, another guy whom people looked to the measurements to determine his draft fate. The 7-0 wingpan helps, but not enough for scouts it seems. With an 8-11 standing reach and a 27-inch vertical, he may end up a few inches short for some people's tastes. That's probably a mistake and a team like the Kings will capitalize on it late in the first round. The other concern has been Simien's health. I've seen Simien on average says, but I also happened to catch Simien at his best in a game during this season. He went off, scoring with a variety of moves around the rim, some turnarounds from a few feet further and some nice mid range jumpers. He is very skilled on the offensive end. That should translate. "People who have talked to me about Wayne really haven't had anything negative whatsoever to say about Dub," KU coach Bill Self said in the Capitol Journal. "There hasn't been many concerns about him at all, other than the fact he's going against (Ike) Diogu, (Hakim) Warrick and (Sean) May. To get drafted high, basically means beating out those other guys." Some team could easily be interested in snaggin him a few positions higher than this. But he won't go much lower.

VIDEO: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/prospects

SOAP OPERA:
Unloading CWebb for whatever they could get was a step in the right direction. He was the weakest link defensively and he was driving out Peja. Will that help keep Peja in town? Tough to say. There will be several active players trying to sign Mobley away from the Kings. The Lakers tried to trade for him. The Clips are very interested in him. Could the Lakers sign him for the MLE as their lead Tri guard? With Rudy still in the organization, perhaps it is possible.

Simien would be a wonderful fit for the Kings....if he was ever healthy. That's one tradition the Kings do NOT want to continue to carry over year after year. But hey, if he's relatively healthy for the rest of his career, go for it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KA_2 said:
Simien would be a wonderful fit for the Kings....if he was ever healthy. That's one tradition the Kings do NOT want to continue to carry over year after year. But hey, if he's relatively healthy for the rest of his career, go for it.
I don't think Geoff Petrie actually goes out and looks for the sickly ones. Look at Ostertag. He had been disgustly healthy most of his career in Utah. He comes here and what happens? He trips over a box in the middle of the night in his new home and breaks his hand. There's just something in the air around Arco...I still maintain we should get a Shaman out there to remove the curse.

;)

VF21 said:
I don't think Geoff Petrie actually goes out and looks for the sickly ones. Look at Ostertag. He had been disgustly healthy most of his career in Utah. He comes here and what happens? He trips over a box in the middle of the night in his new home and breaks his hand. There's just something in the air around Arco...I still maintain we should get a Shaman out there to remove the curse.

;)
This made me chuckle at little bit. And then cry a little inside.