Latest Twitter rumor - hot air or substance?

You get a starting lineup with rondo, gay, smith and, cousins. And you are worried about backup needs and wiggle room. That lineup is what teams wiggle room is shooting for. You don't forgo the chance at two star level players at pg and PF when those positions are needs themselves because of backups.

Collison, brooks, Landry, Evans, acy. Are solid backups. You don't do this trade and two of those are starting and you have JT and Williams as backup SF and C. You do it and starting lineup improves tremendously as does backup pg and backup PF. So you replace JT with Moreland,Evans,acy as backup C. You acy,smith or sign FA for SF backup
I was referencing adding Bynum to the deal.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I was referencing adding Bynum to the deal.
The rumor is that Bynum is considering taking next year off to go through some kind of knee procedure in Germany. Has to do with injections that cause cartilage regrowth. Apparently its a year long process, but it's been successful in europe. So far it hasn't been approved in the US.

The rumor is that Bynum is considering taking next year off to go through some kind of knee procedure in Germany. Has to do with injections that cause cartilage regrowth. Apparently its a year long process, but it's been successful in europe. So far it hasn't been approved in the US.
Sorry, I made this more confusing. Someone suggested adding Wil Bynum to the fake proposed deal and I was stating that with the lineup and cap issues from the deal, another pg would be less of a need than a backup sf or c.

Andrew Bynum, who wasn't a part of my point, needs robot legs and a new heart.

Wrong Bynum. It would be the PG one.

God, I hope not. Our spacing would be absolutely horrific. I could live with Smoove because Collison and Stauskas (at least in theory) should be able to space well for that front-court. Add in Rondo's horrific shooting though? Yikes.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
What you are mentioning sounds like microfracture surgery which is what CWebb and Hawes have had.

If we did both of these deals, Bynum's $2.9M would push us over the apron, which we are not allowed to do. For a third PG we could pick up a rookie or possibly Cunningham, who would cost a bit more.

Smith as the backup SF is a scary, though plausible, solution to the depth issues there.
What if we kept Ray and gave them a 2nd and didn't take back Bynum?

Yep
Doug is sitting on the bench.
He is in his warmups and everything but he isn't warming up.
Looks as if he might not play.
I was hoping to see how, and with whom, we decided to send him.

Isn't that what Kobe got? I hear it's unreal

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Isn't that what Kobe got? I hear it's unreal
A similar operation on his arm is what has allowed Bartolo Colon to have a career renaissance in the MLB. Several NFL players have had similar operations as well though it's important to note that the NFL is a quick burst game and the NBA is a wholly aerobic event so results may definitely vary.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Somehow I don't think Sac is going to deal Ben. He's starting to show some growth in his game and this Summer League has re-established his young player potential.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Somehow I don't think Sac is going to deal Ben. He's starting to show some growth in his game and this Summer League has re-established his young player potential.
Look, its not important whether you like Ben or not for this sort of grandiose scheming. This is about boom, instant serious 7 man deep playoff team. And so ben's potential or lack thereof is not really relevant at that point. This sort of thinking big scheme breaks the drought of Kings irrelevancy and gets us back into the hunt.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know how true these two rumors are, but these are the type of aggressive moves we need to make even if we deplete our roster and only have a 6 or 7 man rotation. Enough depending on ping pong balls to bail us out of lottery purgatory.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Risky move....Rent-a-Rondo could be bad if he bails on us after this season and B-Mac turns into a stud.

Smith could end up an albatross.

Or.......It somehow all works out and we make the playoffs.

High risk, high reward.....I dont think I like the nickname Gerbil for PDA anymore. Perhaps a more courageous rodent? We can start calling him the Shrew? Dude has got cajones trying to pull the trigger on moves like this.