KingsFans Official Fantasy Basketball League

Just like the bigdog league carries on even if bigdog is not the commissioner, the KingsFans Official League will carry on even if JSin never gets around to creating it. My guess is that he is procrastinating in the hope that someone else will step up so he doesn't have to. Well, consider me step upped.. err.. stepped up... err... whatever. I figured the inevitable winner of the league should be the commissioner too, so:

League ID#: 118768
League Name: KingsFans Official League

Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Oct 28 4:15pm PDT

Max Teams: 20
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 15, 2007
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

As always, but especially now, rules are open to discussion. The rules above were carried over from last year except for the trade review which I switched from Commissioner to League Vote. I know who was in the weekly league the last three years (in 2003 there was a weekly league and a daily league, I wasn't in the daily league). Players from last year's team get automatic entry, and I'm sure players from previous years' teams can join also. This time next week if we aren't full (12-14 teams-ish) then others can join, too. For reference, here are last year's team names (top four in order of regular season record :D):

uolj Fog Balls
Mad D Unit
Evil Ascendent
Brick's Tinkerbells
JSin yo!
Bradymeister
Diddy's Chico Kings
G_M_
THORINATORS
Gary's Kings
King Nole
OptimusRhymeTime
GeorgiaKing
AleksandarN

Everybody should post here as soon as possible if you'd like to join and I'll PM you password when you are in (you can also PM me). Please include your previous team name if you've played in the basketball league before.

JSin, if you still want to be commish, please let me know where I can shove my wannabe league. ;)

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nebs - Make sure you pre-rank your selections. The draft time for this league is 45 minutes after the draft for the bigdog league begins...

nebs - Make sure you pre-rank your selections. The draft time for this league is 45 minutes after the draft for the bigdog league begins...
Aw crap. I hate taking that route. I've done it before and won in some league though. Like once. Thanks for the heads up on that, VF.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep. bigdog changed the draft time so I thought I'd better mention it. There are a few people on the bigdog league who might be affected.

20 teams! :eek: Things could get chippy in there!

Count me in.
:D

I don't think we'll have 20 teams... remember I still have to give out the password. That's just the max in case people want to do that. Last year we limited it to 14 and it worked out ok. There was 18 a couple years ago, that was a bit hectic. I'm guessing we'll keep it at 12 or 14 again this year. If we get lots of people wanting in, I'd rather make two 10 team leagues than one 20 team league. So far we've already got 4 requests from people who weren't in the league last year, so that just might happen.

As for the draft time, I am thinking about changing it now that I noticed the bigdog draft is at the same time. Anybody remember how long a draft takes?

Why was the bigdog time changed? What was it before?

:D

I don't think we'll have 20 teams... remember I still have to give out the password. That's just the max in case people want to do that. Last year we limited it to 14 and it worked out ok. There was 18 a couple years ago, that was a bit hectic. I'm guessing we'll keep it at 12 or 14 again this year. If we get lots of people wanting in, I'd rather make two 10 team leagues than one 20 team league. So far we've already got 4 requests from people who weren't in the league last year, so that just might happen.

As for the draft time, I am thinking about changing it now that I noticed the bigdog draft is at the same time. Anybody remember how long a draft takes?

I believe I entered this league last year but had to back out and give up my spot. Anyway, the Bigdog time change has me a bit angry because I'm missing that one now and this one. The only other league I'm in besides this one is that same day as well, but it's only got 5 people so I'm not sure if we are going ahead with it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

The bigdog league draft time was changed to accomodate the needs of bigdog and another member on the east coast. It was originally scheduled at 10:30 am PDT, same day. It's now set for 3:30 pm PDT.

Let's see - 14 teams drafting 15 players each. That could take a while. I think my football drafts took about 90 minutes each but that's just a guess.

I was thinking about 90 minutes as well. Maybe I'll make it 5pm instead if anybody is in both leagues. If they overlap a little its not a big deal. Hopefully that's not too late for any east coasters.

P.S. Thanks for the smiley. :)

Last edited:
I was thinking about 90 minutes as well. Maybe I'll make it 5pm instead if anybody is in both leagues. If they overlap a little its not a big deal. Hopefully that's not too late for any east coasters.

P.S. Thanks for the smiley. :)
If anything, for my sake, make it earlier in the day. ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I pretty much exclusively play 20 man leagues anymore, but it tickles me to whip you guys every year, so I'll be back even at 14, 18, whatever. ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Just like the bigdog league carries on even if bigdog is not the commissioner, the KingsFans Official League will carry on even if JSin never gets around to creating it. My guess is that he is procrastinating in the hope that someone else will step up so he doesn't have to...
Or, it could be that he's busy.

Already knew that S£im, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he was ok with somebody else starting the league. I hope he still has time to play, though, since apparently he still has time for these important things. Maybe anybody who has his email can query his status to see if he can join this league again. I'm sure he's dying to make up for last year's poor showing. :p

Apparently there are no more draft times available near the time I chose so we will stick with the original time. There are a couple people who will be in both the bigdog league and this one, but I guess you will just have to draft two-fisted for awhile. At least you'll get them both done all in one afternoon/evening. :)

Ok, so the draft is tomorrow. At this point there are several people who have not gotten back to me, but counting those who have responded we have an odd number of teams.

So if anybody would like to be our standby that would be great. If nobody volunteers and I don't hear back from anybody who has been notified that they are in, poor Pedrigues will be the odd team out. So somebody step up!

Only one team can be the standby, so the first person who posts or PMs gets the spot.

Ok, the league roster is set. Unfortunately I might not make it for the draft, and to make sure we don't have an odd number of teams (which would mean the draft isn't allowed to take place), I had to close registration. So sorry to Pedrigues especially, who I only yesterday told was in but hasn't signed up yet. I had to close it off early because something has come up at home and I might not be around the rest of the afternoon to make sure we have an even number of teams.

That said, we have a good group of players assembled to carry on the KingsFans fantasy league tradition. I will have no problem taking pride in beating you all handily. And if I miss the draft, don't get too excited. My auto-drafting skills are elite- did I mention I auto-drafted the regular season champs last year? :p

Slim is correct. I have been mad busy the last couple of weeks and unfortunately, just realized the basketball season started and I've yet to sign up for all my league's. Some of the league's were of my real life friends and since I failed to get crackin on them, we are actually starting our games in week 2, with our draft being the other night. It looks like you guys already had the draft and I missed out on it. That's too bad, KF leagues are always interesting. Hopefully I won't be too busy next year around this time and will realize the basketball is starting. Enjoy the year without me.

So today is the last day. The last chance for vengeance. Here are the current stats for the championship game:
Code:
FG%	FT%	3PTM	PTS	REB	AST	ST	BLK	TO	Score	Team
.474 	[B].837[/B] 	[B]33[/B] 	506 	198 	100 	[B]43[/B] 	24 	[B]56[/B] 	4	uolj Fog Balls
[B].495[/B] 	.785 	13 	[B]601[/B] 	[B]238[/B] 	[B]106[/B] 	36 	[B]29[/B] 	80 	[B]5[/B]	brickkicksbutt06
For those of you who care, bricklayer barely knocked me, the regular season champ, out in the semifinals last year. This year I barely snuck in as the number 6 seed, then eked out two 5-4 victories to make the finals. Now the theme for tonight's action is "Payback, this time it's for real!"

Please feel free to root for Jason Hart to get 15 assists and for Kobe Bryant to get stuck in traffic until his game is over. That is all. Thank you.

Well crap. I lost by 4 assists. It was my fault, I didn't play McGrady after he sat out a game with back issues. Dumb move.

Congratulations Bricklayer, you bastard. ;)