KingsFans.com Mock Draft 2017

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
OffTheWallJamal is on his overnight clock, and so gets a little bit more time than usual - clock expires at 2 AM Pacific.

Utah Jazz with the 55th selects guard Nigel Williams-Goss out of Gonzaga University.

I have no time right now have to drive to the work, explanation will be after the work. I'm gonna pm next guy who is picking.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Tyler Dorsey, wanted a Guard. He might get waived.
I might have taken Dorsey in front of Bacon for the Nuggets if they didn't have such a glut of guards and a need at SF. I went to the March Madness games at G1C and Dorsey was the best player on the floor for Oregon, outplayed Dillon Brooks, whom I like, by quite a bit in my opinion. I don't think Dorsey is really waiver material, even for the Celtics. :)

FolsomKingsFan is on the clock with the Nets' #57. Seeing as FKF has been MIA I anticipate making that pick (dang it, why'd you take Tyler Dorsey?!?) in the morning. Clock expires at 5:30 AM. (PM sent just in case)

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
OK, FolsomKingsFan has timed out. With the #57 pick the draft, the Brooklyn Nets select Jonah Bolden, SF/PF, Australia. There were two other guys the Nets had their eyes on here, both of whom seem to be sure-fire back of the rotation guys due to their defense, but that's probably their ceiling. The Nets need a breakout candidate. Bolden is long and athletic, and word is that since he jumped to the professional ranks last year his jumpshot has improved quite a bit over how it was for his year at UCLA. He's no sure-fire thing by any means, but he's a lottery ticket, and you can find back of the rotation defensive guys in free agency.

lwc is on the clock for the Knicks #58, and has to find somebody that is not Sindarius Thornwell. Clock runs until 5 PM Pacific. (PM sent)

I might have taken Dorsey in front of Bacon for the Nuggets if they didn't have such a glut of guards and a need at SF. I went to the March Madness games at G1C and Dorsey was the best player on the floor for Oregon, outplayed Dillon Brooks, whom I like, by quite a bit in my opinion. I don't think Dorsey is really waiver material, even for the Celtics. :)

FolsomKingsFan is on the clock with the Nets' #57. Seeing as FKF has been MIA I anticipate making that pick (dang it, why'd you take Tyler Dorsey?!?) in the morning. Clock expires at 5:30 AM. (PM sent just in case)
Well I'm just thinking about Roster spaces. I can't see having 4 rookies on a Championship contending roster.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...lwc is on the clock for the Knicks #58, and has to find somebody that is not Sindarius Thornwell. Clock runs until 5 PM Pacific. (PM sent)
lwc is in touch with me via Twitter as it's apparently his turn to experience site difficulties. I'll be posting his pick as soon as I get it.

The New York Knicks pick Alec Peters from Valparaiso with the 58th pick of the draft.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
King in England is on the clock for the Spurs at #59. Since it's the overnight clock for England, it will run until 5:30 AM Pacific.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
King in England is having server trouble but would like to select L.J. Peak, SG, Georgetown.

Jimbob is up for the final pick!

......... Spurs. Peak was who the Hawks were hoping to take with the 60th.
The Hawks have Hardaway jr at SG a RFA that they hope to resign but as insurance were looking at SG's. As Millsap is also a FA they will settle for another big, then most likely send to the D league.

With the 60th and final pick in the 2017 draft...the Atlanta Hawks select Cam Oliver.
Oliver is a graduate of Grant Union High Sacramento, he looks like a high energy type that will scrap at the PF position

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
And we are done!

Great draft, folks! Thanks to all for contributing! I'm thinking that it might be fun to do some voting on who had the best draft (team by team), but I'm going to consult a bit with the powers that be, to make sure that we won't be having any down time to fix up these server errors before the draft rolls around.

Stay tuned...

The Bulls were in talks with the Celtics on a trade involving Jimmy Butler but the two sides were too far apart. Also asked the 76ers and they weren't interested.