KingsFans 2021 Draft Board: #2

If all players were available, who should the Kings draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KINGSFANS 2021 DRAFT BOARD
  1. Cade Cunningham

RULES
  • You’ll be able to select only 1 player that you think would be the best pick FOR THE KINGS. This isn’t a generic big board. We’ll be making this a Kings specific big board.
  • The poll will be open for 48 hours. After it closes, the player with the most votes will take his rightful place on our KingsFans big board (in the event of a tie, I’ll be the tiebreaker to keep it simple).
  • The player chosen in the current poll will be missing from the next poll. At that point, we would only have 9 options so please post a comment below mentioning a player you would like to nominate for the next poll. The player who receives the most nominations will be added (in the event of a tie, I’ll be the tiebreaker to keep it simple).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I assume that I'll be doing the same thing until my pick is off the board and my nomination is on the board!

Nomination: Jalen Johnson

I'll be going with Jalen Green as my pick. I see a special player who I think is going to be a superstar in Green. Until he's off the board, I'll be picking him.

Assuming the Kings stay at #8-11 range, I'm taking Scottie Barnes, SF, FSU

The Kings need a Small Forward. We need a high BBIQ, good passing and a defensive stopper at Small Forward. I'm taking Scottie Barnes at this spot.

Barnes will help mask some of Bagley's deficiencies in passing and defense in the front court, which will be especially needed if we lose Holmes in Free Agency and Bagley moves over to starting center. Harrison Barnes will start at Power Forward.

Assuming the Kings stay at #8-11 range, I'm taking Scottie Barnes, SF, FSU
But that is not the assumption of the poll.

We’re currently deciding who should be #2 on the kings draft board. Choosing Barnes in the poll is effectively saying that you would rather draft him over Mobley, Green, Suggs, Kuminga, etc. if that’s how you feel, that’s perfectly fine but just wanted to make sure people were clear on how these series of polls work.

We’re falling a little flat on people posting nominations. Please post one if you get a chance. Currently the vote is:

Jalen Johnson = 2 votes

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yep, I'd like to see a few more throw out some nominations as the "crowdsourcing" method of trying to get things right does require a crowd. Also, there will probably be massive consternation regarding my next nomination once Jalen Johnson makes the list, so there will need to be people to suggest somebody else.

I went Mobley with this pick. With his size, defensive potential, bb iq and fit next to fox and haliburton I think he would be the right call.

nomination: Jalen Johnson

Nomination voting results...

Jalen Johnson = 5 votes
Corey Kispert = 1 vote

Jalen Johnson will be added to the "KingsFans 2021 Draft Board: #3" poll.