Kingsfans 2013 Scouting Report: Michael Carter-Williams

It wouldn't surprise me if the Kings passed on Burke. But it would surprise me if they passed on Burke and drafted Williams. But then thats just my opinion. I'm not a big fan of Williams, so if they do draft him, I certainly hope I'm wrong about him. I also take everything Ford says with a grain of salt. There's a lot of BS being thrown around by all the teams at the top right now.
Right.. I put little stock into what Ford can "gather".. It seems he just needs to fill out the space for his mock drafts. It's interesting how Burke, just a week or two ago, was thought unthinkable at #7, and now could easily be seen to drop to us.. I wonder who else will potentially drop that once looked to be a sure top pick between now and draft night

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Right.. I put little stock into what Ford can "gather".. It seems he just needs to fill out the space for his mock drafts. It's interesting how Burke, just a week or two ago, was thought unthinkable at #7, and now could easily be seen to drop to us.. I wonder who else will potentially drop that once looked to be a sure top pick between now and draft night
To say that Burke is dropping in the draft because he's doing solo workouts is just nonsense. The scouts have seen him in action all year against tough competition, and that includes playing against Carter-Williams in the tournament. At this point, you either like him or you don't. About the only extra thing you get out of the workouts, is that you get to meet him and get some insights as to who he is as a person. They already know what he can do on the court.

To say that Burke is dropping in the draft because he's doing solo workouts is just nonsense. The scouts have seen him in action all year against tough competition, and that includes playing against Carter-Williams in the tournament. At this point, you either like him or you don't. About the only extra thing you get out of the workouts, is that you get to meet him and get some insights as to who he is as a person. They already know what he can do on the court.

Yeah, I wasn't just referring to what Chad ford had to say, but I mentioned on another thread that from the latest internet mocks I have seen, it just seemed more plausible that for whatever reason Burke could fall than it did a little while ago from my vantage point. About him doing solo workouts, I think thats intelligent given his solid status as the viewed premier pg in this draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I wasn't just referring to what Chad ford had to say, but I mentioned on another thread that from the latest internet mocks I have seen, it just seemed more plausible that for whatever reason Burke could fall than it did a little while ago from my vantage point. About him doing solo workouts, I think thats intelligent given his solid status as the viewed premier pg in this draft.
I think with most GM's the question is, is Burke a top 10 pick as a PG? I'm sure that opinion will vary with each GM. The problem now, and it will remain a problem right up to the draft, is that you can't believe most of what you hear from the GM's. Lets say for instance, that the Kings really like Burke. The last thing their going to do is admit that, because its possible that team sitting in the 8th or 9th spot has their heart set on Buke. If they think he won't be there, they just might try to move up ahead of you to draft him. Its also possible that teams ahead of you could use that info to their advantage. So I don't pay much attention to what their saying, and most mock drafts, other than maybe the top 3 or 4 picks, tend to be off on a lot of the draft.

C

Cold

Chad ford gets too much hate.

Jerry West: we have done our job if we didn't completely screw up on 50% of the prospects.