[Game] Kings @ Wizards - 11/28/16 - 4PT/7ET

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Afflalo is just collecting checks out there, such a pointless signing. Said it then, say it now, say it later. It's all in the same.
Remember in the preseason when Grant was gushing about how the Kings have never had a SG the caliber of Arron Afflalo since Cuz has been here?

Sigh... Good times, good times.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sad but true, Cousins can put up 45 and 25 but it won't matter if he has zero help, none of his teammates can space the floor for him consistently and it hurts to watch.
Well, he just put up 36/20 and the Kings still couldn't beat the Wizards. Rudy Gay should be the third scorer on a good team. But how the Kings get a true second scorer who can make shots in the clutch I have no idea.

Well, he just put up 36/20 and the Kings still couldn't beat the Wizards. Rudy Gay should be the third scorer on a good team. But how the Kings get a true second scorer who can make shots in the clutch I have no idea.
To quote Han Solo " Well, that's the trick isn't it?"

Have to figure it out somehow though.

Afflalo is just collecting checks out there, such a pointless signing. Said it then, say it now, say it later. It's all in the same.
So true. The guy has a post-up game but gets only like 1-3 post-up looks per game. His perimeter game is trash, he's slow in transition, doesn't rebound or set up teammates for easy scores. He plays good position defense but doesn't play passing lanes or get deflections. He doesn't turn it over with only 4 TOs all season but too many of his minutes are empty. I'd rather see Ben out there.

Afflalo as bench makes so much sense...having 3 guys start that are best as Iso post guys is not using them best....temple is perfect fit as SG with D and able to hit a 3pt shot then Afflalo can come in and get the ball on the block when rudy and DMC need break

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
They won't get that true second scorer, they had their chances via the draft but blew it so you have to keep trying or give up the farm for one and in the process strip your whole team of assets.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So true. The guy has a post-up game but gets only like 1-3 post-up looks per game. His perimeter game is trash, he's slow in transition, doesn't rebound or set up teammates for easy scores. He plays good position defense but doesn't play passing lanes or get deflections. He doesn't turn it over with only 4 TOs all season but too many of his minutes are empty. I'd rather see Ben out there.
I'd rather see neither of them out there, hell at this point, show me if Malachi can hit open shots.

The main problem is we are scrambling to fill a void that Willie was suppose to fill, and it goes back to summer league when he shot 27%. The starting position next to Boogie was his to take and he never made slightest case why Joerger should trust or have confidence in him. So we tried Koufos now we've tried Barnes and it is the result of waiting on Willie to fulfill the promise he showed as a rookie and taking a step forward in his second season. Instead he has taken step back.

Another problem is of our 5 free agent signings ---- Ty, Barnes, A-Slow-o, Temple, Tolliver, we are batting 40%, and I will be liberal in that assessment moving Lawson from negative to positive based on his play over the last 5-6 games. Only Lawson and Temple have met expectations. The other three have replacement level player or worse.The final problem is parlaying the 8th pick in the draft into three D-Leaguers instead of one rotational player who could infuse team with energy and young legs.

This is how you go 7-11 when your best player is playing like the MVP of the league.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The main problem is we are scrambling to fill a void that Willie was suppose to fill, and it goes back to summer league when he shot 27%. The starting position next to Boogie was his to take and he never made slightest case why Joerger should trust or have confidence in him. So we tried Koufos now we've tried Barnes and it is the result of waiting on Willie to fulfill the promise he showed as a rookie and taking a step forward in his second season. Instead he has taken step back.

Another problem is of our 5 free agent signings ---- Ty, Barnes, A-Slow-o, Temple, Tolliver, we are batting 40%, and I will be liberal in that assessment moving Lawson from negative to positive based on his play over the last 5-6 games. Only Lawson and Temple have met expectations. The other three have replacement level player or worse.The final problem is parlaying the 8th pick in the draft into three D-Leaguers instead of one rotational player who could infuse team with energy and young legs.

This is how you go 7-11 when your best player is playing like the MVP of the league.
Anthony Davis can relate to this.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Another problem is of our 5 free agent signings ---- Ty, Barnes, A-Slow-o, Temple, Tolliver, we are batting 40%, and I will be liberal in that assessment moving Lawson from negative to positive based on his play over the last 5-6 games. Only Lawson and Temple have met expectations. The other three have replacement level player or worse...
Eh, the only one of those who has been bad by any objective standard is Afflalo. Tolliver hasn't even gotten enough PT to fail; Barnes has been hit or miss; he's kind of like the little girl in the Wadsworth poem.

K

KingsFan80

Ty Lawson is decent, Temple is good but only a major contributor on a team like the Clippers where he can make a difference with talent around him, Tolliver is garbage - Which is the same thing i said back in July when we signed him. Affalo is what he is when we signed up, an over the hill SG. If you are a team like the Kings, you aren't going to win by taking a bunch of scrub Free agents and throw them on the court with an all-star center then magically win. Who knows, maybe nobody wanted to come here during free agency but still you gotta have talent for any coach to win.

The Wizards do suck, but they beat us, and they beat us by two guys they drafted. Non of our draft picks since Cousins has made any type of contribution. Unless we make an amazing trade tt is going to be a long season.

Ty Lawson is decent, Temple is good but only a major contributor on a team like the Clippers where he can make a difference with talent around him, Tolliver is garbage - Which is the same thing i said back in July when we signed him. Affalo is what he is when we signed up, an over the hill SG. If you are a team like the Kings, you aren't going to win by taking a bunch of scrub Free agents and throw them on the court with an all-star center then magically win. Who knows, maybe nobody wanted to come here during free agency but still you gotta have talent for any coach to win.

The Wizards do suck, but they beat us, and they beat us by two guys they drafted. Non of our draft picks since Cousins has made any type of contribution. Unless we make an amazing trade tt is going to be a long season.
And our coach and free agents were suppose to make us tough defensively. We are currently 27 out of 30 in defensive efficiency.

K

KingsFan80

Like most other teams, through the draft. Papa G...
And we have had plenty of chances after the past three years to find that person. At the rockets game the other night I was looking at their roster, ariza is a role player for them and Eric Gordon comes off the bench, those two guys would be the 2nd and 3rd best players on our team. And people wonder why we don't win games like tonight

And we have had plenty of chances after the past three years to find that person. At the rockets game the other night I was looking at their roster, ariza is a role player for them and Eric Gordon comes off the bench, those two guys would be the 2nd and 3rd best players on our team. And people wonder why we don't win games like tonight
No. Neither of them are as good as Rudy.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
And our coach and free agents were suppose to make us tough defensively. We are currently 27 out of 30 in defensive efficiency.
Bringing washed up and bottom of the barrel veterans aren't exactly a recipe for a successful defense. The coach and his staff can only do so much, he can't go out there and play defense for them too. I'm just elated that after this season, we won't have to see the majority of this roster, good riddance. Patches after patches after patches, endless cycle of getting no where. Have a plan, bring in players for the long term, not the short term, establish continuity, build chemistry, defend as a whole unit, talk on defense, help each other out, hustle & effort on a nightly basis.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Eh, the only one of those who has been bad by any objective standard is Afflalo. Tolliver hasn't even gotten enough PT to fail; Barnes has been hit or miss; he's kind of like the little girl in the Wadsworth poem.
I love your proclivity for using unfamiliar given names or middle names to refer to well-known figures.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Amusingly, I used the exact same reference in the featured grade on Collison (to refer in this case to Lawson's game tonight) - before I ever logged on to see you had done the same at just about the same time.