Kings Win (Coin Toss)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Awesome. Gives Dumars a chance to draft our 19th big man!
Well, we do only have two big men under non-option contract next year, Bagley and Holmes. Parker has a player option, Bjelica has a team option, everybody else is a free agent. Couple that with a draft that's really weak at the wing and I think there's a strong case that we *should* draft a big man.

Well, we do only have two big men under non-option contract next year, Bagley and Holmes. Parker has a player option, Bjelica has a team option, everybody else is a free agent. Couple that with a draft that's really weak at the wing and I think there's a strong case that we *should* draft a big man.
except in the spots we are likely to pick the BPA is likely a wing. If we actually had a 3 like Vassell, Bey, Neasmith then Barnes could move to the 4 where he belongs against most teams.

Outcomes of coin toss(es):
12th in draft order (prelottery)
12th best odds to win lottery
13 ping pong combinations out of 1,000
Kings pick 52nd (Houston's pick)

The draft lottery is Thursday at 8:30 p.m. EST (ESPN); draft is Oct. 16.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Outcomes of coin toss(es):
12th in draft order (prelottery)
12th best odds to win lottery
13 ping pong combinations out of 1,000
Kings pick 52nd (Houston's pick)

The draft lottery is Thursday at 8:30 p.m. EST (ESPN); draft is Oct. 16.
Three magical lotteries in a row. Make magic happen. Hopefully Vlade did the right thing and gave Dumars his lucky horseshoe before walking out the door.

I’ll take any but of positivity these days.

Imagine we win the lottery in the weakest draft in years.
Then I would gladly take Anthony Edwards and see what teams offer up for Buddy.
Im also not convinced this is a weak draft, maybe not star studded but looking like some nice players even at 12.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That’s exactly what happened in 1989. Go try to find a much weaker draft at the top. It’s not easy.
This. The top five in this year’s draft would probably be borderline lottery picks in next year’s draft. Might even be worse than the B-Mac draft class because there’s not even a ridiculous high upside prospect like Giannis this year. AND we haven’t seen any of these guys play in half a year thanks to the rona.

What makes you say this?

josh Smith, Drummond, Monroe it’s apparent Dumars had a thing for guys like Bagley who jump high and can’t shoot
Because Dumars is better at this than Vlade was.

Of course I’m speculating. We’ll obviously never know for sure. But I just can’t see Dumars passing on the most talented player in the draft as Vlade did.

He might have taken Ayton as PHX did if given the chance, but since he was taken already I just can’t see him passing on #77 for Bagley or Young. I believe the overwhelming majority of qualified GM’s would have taken #77 in that spot.

But perhaps I’m wrong.

Also, all those players you listed weren’t drafted in the top 2. The highest was #7. Much different drafting there than #2 with a clear cut highly skilled player available.

People point to the Darko pick in hindsight, but it wasn’t at all controversial when the pick was made. Lots of folks thought Darko would be a special talent at his size. Pretty much every GM that has been around the block has made a high draft pick that didn’t work out.

Dumars taking Darko is precisely why I believe he’d have taken #77 too.

Last edited:
Because Dumars is better at this than Vlade was.

Of course I’m speculating. We’ll obviously never know for sure. But I just can’t see Dumars passing on the most talented player in the draft as Vlade did.

He might have taken Ayton as PHX did if given the chance, but since he was taken already I just can’t see him passing on #77 for Bagley or Young. I believe the overwhelming majority of qualified GM’s would have taken #77 in that spot.

But perhaps I’m wrong.

Also, all those players you listed weren’t drafted in the top 2. The highest was #7. Much different drafting there than #2 with a clear cut highly skilled player available.

People point to the Darko pick in hindsight, but it wasn’t at all controversial when the pick was made. Lots of folks thought Darko would be a special talent at his size. Pretty much every GM that has been around the block has made a high draft pick that didn’t work out.

Dumars taking Darko is precisely why I believe he’d have taken #77 too.
He should’ve took Carmelo with him kissing there’s no way you can assume he wouldn’t fall for Bagley destroying chairs and Giles/fox wanting him.

Awesome. Gives Dumars a chance to draft our 19th big man!
Dude, I have a little more hope we might come out with Stewart, Precious, or Oturu. All potential studs in different ways. Hopefully these other teams slam dunk themselves with some of these really marginal wings currently going in the top 10.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dude, I have a little more hope we might come out with Stewart, Precious, or Oturu. All potential studs in different ways. Hopefully these other teams slam dunk themselves with some of these really marginal wings currently going in the top 10.
And considering how Giles and Len might not be around next season and Bagley’s spotty health history, drafting a big might not be a terrible idea.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, if the overwhelming mock consensus is anywhere near accurate, Achiuwa is the only one of those dudes within sniffing distance of the lottery. We should have our pick among them, as well as Jalen Smith and Carey (though I've cooled a bit on Carey), and depending on how daring you get, Pokusevski, though it sounds like most people don't think he's ready to contribute yet. To me, that's a pretty strong crop of bigs basically guaranteed to be there at 12 for a weak draft.