[Game] Kings vs Suns - 7 PM PRE-GAME THREAD

Walton said in the postgame that the second unit has been beating the starters in practice. suprised?
Not really they are a veteran squad (CoJo/Ariza/Bjelica/Bogie) with high IQ /good floor spacing and they have the most physical and highest energy player on the whole squad in Holmes that I doubt anyone on the starting line up can contain near the glass.

that’s not good
I would agree it's potentially not good. The starters know they're going to be playing when the regular season starts. The focus for them is being ready to go. The players on the second unit are fighting for playing time, so it doesn't surprise me that they're more highly motivated. No reason to panic ... yet.

It depends on who they're guarding. Pick and rolls aren't normally ran through a player like Dario Saric as the roller. Sabonis was playing the 4 and they ran plenty through him and Bagley whiffed on most of them. If the opposing team has a stretch 4, they try and switch their 5 on to Bagley to put him in that position. He wasn't put in that position much until the last month of the season and he was exploited there big time. Beli is a smart defender, he just lacks lateral movement and athleticism. He holds his own in the PNR for the most part. Again, can people just comment on the game itself without having to hear this crap? It's tiresome. I get it. It's preseason. I'm not making any crazy irrational assumptions based on a few preseason games. I'm literally observing the game that's playing before my eyes and then commenting on what I'm seeing. If you can't handle that, then just block me and go find yourself a safe space where observations aren't allowed until they're 30 games deep into the season. People literally can't even comment on the game they're watching these days without the preseason police coming along blowing the whistle in every thread. Just don't log in to the forum if you don't want to read observations during the preseason. I thought that was the point of this whole place but apparently I was wrong. Bagley is going to have to guard the 4 and 5. Teams know he can't defend the pick and roll so they will get him switched on the 5 and then go to town on him or they'll use a bigger 4 like Sabonis or Taj Gibson who will either get him lost in the pick and roll or throw a couple post moves on him and get him to leave his feet for easy trips to the line.
I think what you end up running into is because your posts are always negative, you get the kind of responses you dont like.

It's not like everything is hunky dory. Kings fans arent fooling themselves, we know we havent been to the playoffs in over a decade.

The problem is you never say anything positive. You're like one of those people who only wants to leave a Yelp review if you can say something bad.

So just prepare to be responded to like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what you end up running into is because your posts are always negative, you get the kind of responses you dont like.

It's not like everything is hunky dory. Kings fans arent fooling themselves, we know we havent been to the playoffs in over a decade.

The problem is you never say anything positive. You're like one of those people who only wants to leave a Yelp review if you can say something bad.

So just prepare to be responded to like this.
I just want to talk about basketball. If you want to talk about me, just PM me with your opinion. Lets use this forum to talk about the Kings.

Fox really needs to improve his shot selection. He needs to stop trying to drive in traffic all the time and he needs to completely remove the floater from his game since it never goes in. Unless he's in transition or being guarded one on one he should only be looking to facilitate.
Just curious because I only heard the radio for the first 3 quarters, did Fox pass to Bogi?

I saw none of his assists were to Bogi. Nor did I ever hear Gerry say Fox to Bogi but clearly not conclusive. I know he didn’t against Indiana. I’m curious if it was an oddity or is it becoming a trend?

Just curious because I only heard the radio for the first 3 quarters, did Fox pass to Bogi?

I saw none of his assists were to Bogi. Nor did I ever hear Gerry say Fox to Bogi but clearly not conclusive. I know he didn’t against Indiana. I’m curious if it was an oddity or is it becoming a trend?
Yeah, he passed to Bogi.

Does anyone think Holmes will surpass Dedmon in minutes by the middle of the season (if not sooner)? Talk about scoring in bunches, this guy is crazy.

Does anyone think Holmes will surpass Dedmon in minutes by the middle of the season (if not sooner)? Talk about scoring in bunches, this guy is crazy.
Holmes to me when not in foul trouble is a way better player but the problem is we are starting Bagley which means they share the same space a lot of the time and makes us smallish. I peronsally think right now Holmes/Bjelica is the best PF/C combo we could put out. Our bench will be carrying the team a lot this season imo.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Holmes to me when not in foul trouble is a way better player but the problem is we are starting Bagley which means they share the same space a lot of the time and makes us smallish. I peronsally think right now Holmes/Bjelica is the best PF/C combo we could put out. Our bench will be carrying the team a lot this season imo.
Man, we should have just drafted Doncic so we could start him with Bjeli and Holmes.

:p