[Game] Kings vs. Pacers 1/18/12 Game Thread

Didn't see one up - I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.

Sooo, here we go:
Limping through a shortened season, with a mishmash of players, and a group that is still the youngest in the league (how is that still possible?) Finally, we have some practice time after a stretch of about 10 games in 6 nights (trust me on the math), and I'm pretty excited to see if there are any changes in the lineup, but more importantly, changes in the style of play. Here's what I would want:

Evans
Thornton
Greene
Thompson
Cousins

It's lean, and it's mean.

Will Salmons go to the bench? Will the threat of it light a fire under his arse and get him going? Will Donte continue the positive progress I've seen in the past few games? Nellie-ball aside, Smart seems to be coaching the kids and they are actually improving somewhat, except for...

...the shooting. Good God, they're shooting worse than a blind man with an AK-47 (see what I did there?)

On to the Pacers. They have some nice young pieces. Some pieces I'd like to have. Like Hibbert, for example. He's a big mass, and sometimes a big mess, but man can that dude clog the middle. Then there's Granger. Would he fit in here? Maybe. Other than that, I don't know that I want anyone else, but they seem to be winning, so they're doing something right.

I'll work on the awards in a moment, but I'd like to give consideration to Travis Outlaw. If I could do anything below giving him "The Mateen", it would be his own award for uselessness, but then that would give him more purpose than I think he needs on this team. Mateen at least had nice teeth. I think it was the braces. Yeah for orthodontia!

JHA - Is this where Outlaw fits? Nah, he actually needs playing time for this one. I'm going with Salmons.
The Tony Delk Memorial - My gut goes to Hansbrough, because he's one of Brick's favorite players. He's not as good as his brother, though.
LW-VC - Tough call. It would be anyone who allows a Kings player to score more than 15 points. Bonus if they do it without free throws.
RA&1 - Tough to figure out on this team. I don't see the flash. Very blue collar, although Jeff Foster DOES look like the dude from Queensrÿche:

Geoff Tate:

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
At least it's a start. Donte has just started being used but I believe he will play into the starting spot hopefully
Smart is the one who just said after last game, that this season is too short to wait, the lineup isn't working, and it's time to make changes.

I prefer a coach who after saying that, does the obvious and puts the biggest problem with our starting 5 on the bench. He either doesn't have the balls to do it, or simply doesn't realize what everyone else does, which is that Salmons is not playing horribly, but negatively affecting everyone elses game as well.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sacramento Kings will start Jason Thompson tonight for JJ Hickson.
It's a start. Smart has previously said that he wanted to use JT as a backup for Cousins, but for each of his three years J.J. has been slightly more effective as a center. Unfortunately, for the most part so has Thompson.