[Game] Kings vs Mavs, 8/4/2020 11:30AM PST 3:30AM JST

Harrison Barnes 6 points 3 rebounds 1 assits
Bogi 0 points 3 boards 1 assits

some will blame Luke
And some will predict the eventual fall off BEFORE it happens with very specific reasons and then watch it come to fruition. Bjelica's last real rest in this one came at before the 5 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. He sat for less than a minute when Holmes fouled out right at the end of the 4th. Then into OT. Unless Bjelica is subbing himself in and waving off his coach, gimme a break, who's that on???? You tell me. Buddy played a ton of consecutive minutes too. This is called NOT HAVING A ROTATION.

How can our coaching staff not know the most basic crap? Can anyone explain?

I’m not even trying to be sarcastic. It truly blows me away
He knows it, he's done it, he obviously would rather run curls, or post up and have a non predictable system. Well, losing is getting fairly predictable at this point. In the end I think it's having no confidence in any one thing.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
All things considered, if Luke Walton crapting the bed is the worst thing to happen to me today and I haven't been incinerated by a massive explosion, killed by a deadly pandemic, or otherwise effected by one of the bevy of other issues that has rocked the world this year, I'm okay.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
A few of us were wondering about rotations, a few minutes left in the 4th. Think we should of had Baze + Buddy in.

Also the end of regulation Fox iso was an interesting choice.
We've seen it work before but in this game the lineup with Fox to close it out was something like Bjeli/Barnes/CoJo/Bazemore and it let the Mavs completely clog the floor against him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ya but good luckk recovering from two starters combining for 6 points 6 rebounds
No arguments there, though I would say that in the case of Barnes he was at least doing work on defense whereas Bogi was just abjectly awful in every aspect of the game from tip-off to before he hit that heavily contested meaningless three.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
That was truly one of the most agonizing games I've watched in my life. Perpetuated by absolutely awful coaching and officiating.

Kings really STINK!

Really looks like a bunch of guys standing around and no game plan.

Whatever they had going right before the lockdown is gone. Pathetic.
Well, again, the positive is play time is over. No illusion end of the season run that gives you false hope into the offseason. This is like a playoff preseason and some things are becoming undeniable. The flaws on the court start at the coaching seat and they are so variable at this point it's comical. Never fully commit to common sense, run away from the sensible play call, and when you do go small boil your players with full quarters + of minutes so they come out like bread that's been in the toaster for too long.

Barnes and Bogie should not be starting anymore. Barnes is as close to useless as someone receiving 30+ minutes can be and Bogie can't put together two consecutive good games ever.

We didn't score in the final 5:16 of regulation.
Well, that’s not surprising when your coach and team strategy was: leave the guy that can’t make a shot in the game down the stretch and keep giving him the ball hoping he’ll be a hero by finally making one.

Effing brilliant.

The KINGS had this game served up to them on a platter and they sent it back to the kitchen.

Walton needs to be fired just for his decision making the final 5 minutes of this lone game.

The KINGS needed this W in the worst way and their coach put them in the most difficult position to get it.

There’s no defending having Bogdanovic in that game over Buddy Hield while still nursing a 4 point lead. Not considering their performances throughout that game.

Braindead coach. Braindead franchise.