[Game] Kings vs. Jazz - 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
What are the chances we outwin New Orleans?
We play them again though obviously we don't have the tie breaker so we need them to lose 3 more at a minimum and we'd still need to beat the Clippers, Thunder, Knicks and Suns and win the second night of a back-to-back @ Boston.

All season though our problem's have been our own doing. We could be in the top 4 right now if we didn't keep shooting ourselves in the foot by dropping games to lottery teams. The 6 seed is technically still possible but basically we have to win out and hope for the best to have any chance.

EDIT: Also... as much as I want to avoid the play-in, having all 4 teams in that 3 game mini-playoff come from the Pacific division would be pretty wild.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
For a guy who can obviously get up and dunk when he wants to, Fox seems nailed to the floor lately. Not sure what's up with that but it's noticeable.
I did hear on a broadcast that he was back to lifting weights after the game, which could simply be a sign of overtraining and not giving those muscles enough time to recover

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
From "let's go tanking" 2 days ago we are back in the "chase for the 6th spot" today. Rollercoaster!
I don't think anyone meant "let's go tanking" as in lose on purpose the worst we can do is finish 13th and that would mean falling back to 10th and losing the play in. I think they meant our season is in the tank.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Incidentally the 9/10 teams in the East will almost certainly not finish above .500. I certainly understand continuing the play in when we have 11 teams in the west who will finish over .500 but it's ridiculous to do it out east. There should be a .500 cutoff.

OR

Seed 1-12 with playin for 13-20.
Our record is good to tie for 5th in the EC.

Incidentally the 9/10 teams in the East will almost certainly not finish above .500. I certainly understand continuing the play in when we have 11 teams in the west who will finish over .500 but it's ridiculous to do it out east. There should be a .500 cutoff.

OR

Seed 1-12 with playin for 13-20.
When play ins first appeared there was the "max four games behind" rule, don't know why it's gone now.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The bigger concern than the 6th seed is letting the Lakers catch us. They play the tanking Raps and the bad against everyone but us Wizards next. I think there is a good chance they finish 5-2 for 47 wins. We need 4 more wins
Let's just win every game from here on out.

Break the 50 win barrier and still complain about how we stepped back from last year. :D

I did hear on a broadcast that he was back to lifting weights after the game, which could simply be a sign of overtraining and not giving those muscles enough time to recover
Seems like this happens whenever he gets back into weight training mode. I get it lifting heavy is fun but it seems pretty obvious that it doesn't help his game

Kings 9-0 with 3/3 3s after that timeout, doesn't happen that often lately and it's already April 1st where I am (9.30 am)
They actually ran a play. Fox took a screen from the center (Sabonis) who dove to the rim, and then Fox took another screen (Murray) who flared to the top. It opened up Murray for the 3 the first time, and then Barnes for the corner 3 the second time. Both were wide open, and they ran the play twice in a row, and then started running variations of it.

Was actually nice to see them run a real play for their PG instead of the usual crap, read and react. It gave Fox options. It's no brainer how Fox had double digit assists since he was actually being a PG tonight instead of a guy they gave the ball to and told him to go make plays.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Seems like this happens whenever he gets back into weight training mode. I get it lifting heavy is fun but it seems pretty obvious that it doesn't help his game
there are ways to get strong without sacrificing speed and vertical ability but playing 35+ minutes of intense basketball and then doing some weightlifting afterwards is just overkill. Spread it out across the week and different results will come of it, guaranteed.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
When play ins first appeared there was the "max four games behind" rule, don't know why it's gone now.
That rule was used only for the 2020 season, where if the 9 seed was four games or fewer behind the 8 seed, then the 8 seed had two games to win one (9 seed had two games to win two) to get the final playoff spot. The next year, when the NBA expanded the rule to cover 7/8/9/10 seeds, they did not include a games-behind provision.

Ouch.

Did you make it to Dubrovnik? Don’t walk alone as an American on dark streets at night. Plenty there remember Clinton bombed the crap out of them. At least that is what my son’s water polo coach tells them when he goes to play there which is often.
This is a complete misunderstanding of the current state of Serbia, and even the big city Belgrade. With complete respect to you, I really cannot emphasize enough how wrong of a perception this is.

On March 24th I was in the home of a Serbian family that I had met the week prior, watching the very dramatic ceremony (commemorating the 78 days of NATO bombing in '99) on live TV in the evening with remarks from their spiritual leader and others. This family could not possibly have been more welcoming and hospitable towards me.

I would absolutely love to go to Dubrovnik. Don't think I'll have time this visit!

Last edited:
This is a complete misunderstanding of the current state of Serbia, and even the big city Belgrade. With complete respect to you, I really cannot emphasize enough how wrong of a perception this is.

On March 24th I was in the home of a Serbian family that I had met the week prior, watching the very dramatic ceremony on live TV in the evening with remarks from their spiritual leader and others. This family could not possibly have been more welcoming and hospitable towards me.

I would absolutely love to go to Dubrovnik. Don't think I'll have time this visit!
For what it is worth their coach is Serbian. It might be the difference between the general pop and some bad apples he is worried about.

For what it is worth their coach is Serbian. It might be the difference between the general pop and some bad apples he is worried about.
Sounds like he just wants to protect his young players who may not have the savvy to avoid saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. It's definitely a subject you need to show sensitivity towards. On the whole I find the spirit of the Serbian people something of a wonder.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

On March 24th I was in the home of a Serbian family that I had met the week prior, watching the very dramatic ceremony on live TV in the evening with remarks from their spiritual leader and others. This family could not possibly have been more welcoming and hospitable towards me.

while I have never visited Serbia, I have been to other regions in the Balkans and I can attest to what you say about being able to walk out in the late hours of the night without anyone harming or bothering you. They don't even start to go out to clubs and bars until late at night anyway so that's when you may see crowds of younger people enjoying the night life. Whether in Serbia, Bosnia or Croatia, the hospitality is there for the most part and they understand tourism is now a big economic draw so they are more accepting if one is ignorant of history or cultures.

while I have never visited Serbia, I have been to other regions in the Balkans and I can attest to what you say about being able to walk out in the late hours of the night without anyone harming or bothering you. They don't even start to go out to clubs and bars until late at night anyway so that's when you may see crowds of younger people enjoying the night life. Whether in Serbia, Bosnia or Croatia, the hospitality is there for the most part and they understand tourism is now a big economic draw so they are more accepting if one is ignorant of history or cultures.
Not to go too in depth on global politics …

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Not to go too in depth on global politics …
Yeah...

Because of the international nature of the NBA and the presence of players from the various Balkan states, we have a decent number of members here from the region who have differing viewpoints on these particular international politics. It's one thing to say, "Hey, I went to this country and I found them really nice!" but let's save the actual political stuff for Twitter or PMs. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.