[Game] Kings vs Clippers, Friday 6 Jan 2017, 22:30 ET / 19:30 PT

What I was wondering most of the game is when they have 4 guards and Jordan, why we didn't just post up Rudy every time. Or afflalo when he had a smaller guard on him. It's like the other night when we didn't post up dmc when the heat had no one that could guard him.

As of tonight, and I appreciate Cousins wanting to remain, but if a good deal comes along (Bkn 17, Brown, Zizic,Rozier) I would reset along with tanking the picks this year and next. It's not coming along smoothly as it needs to

Of course getting value for Cousins Is NOT a given though, in which case it might take years to get the proper pieces around him

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
What I was wondering most of the game is when they have 4 guards and Jordan, why we didn't just post up Rudy every time. Or afflalo when he had a smaller guard on him. It's like the other night when we didn't post up dmc when the heat had no one that could guard him.
Nobody posts up anymore. It's not sexy enough. Especially if you're a big guy. The only way to prove to the little guys that you're a baller is to work on your handle and your jumper because apparently brute strength is passe while unnecessary posing wins MVP awards and All-Star votes. Maybe Barkley has a point.

I just want him to STFU and play basketball. Is that too much to ask?
No it's not too much to ask for Boogie to STFU and play but if he wants to complain and have an assist to turnover of 3.8:3.0 or 1.3 compared to his career of 0.8 and shoot 56% TS vs his career of 53% TS that's tradeoff ALL Kings fans should be willing to make.....his passing and shooting efficiency is appreciably better this year, the former which was emphasized on telecast tonight...a stat that delineates difference between good and great.....I am of mindset he can complain all he wants and get all the Ts he wants if he plays the efficiency and production he has displayed so far...it is better than the alternative of guys who are cordial with officials but can't get anything done to make a palpable favorable difference. These players do not need to be named, any semi-conscious observer knows about half of the roster qualifies as diplomatic but disposable.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
As of tonight, and I appreciate Cousins wanting to remain, but if a good deal comes along (Bkn 17, Brown, Zizic,Rozier) I would reset along with tanking the picks this year and next. It's not coming along smoothly as it needs to

Of course getting value for Cousins Is NOT a given though, in which case it might take years to get the proper pieces around him
A part of me wants to see Cuz traded to a winner. The guy doesn't deserve to be stuck in basketball hell his whole career.

The selfish and possibly stupid part of me wants to keep him forever because I'm sure they'll turn it around eventually.

Highlighted in postgame that the NBA has changed to 3pt shooting contest...40% of 3pters made are UNCONTESDED!!! Soooooo why have defenses not adjusted to put way more emphasis on STAYING home on guys standing behind arc and not leavig them/stickting to them? and in turn allow open deep twos???

I am not particularly happy with Coach Joerger but I do commend him for DNP-CD Ben and Willie, with a message sent unequivocally that going through the motions and lacking fight and spirit and hustle and execution is intolerable, and it is unacceptable and it is a privilege to get minutes in an NBA game....and this privilege must be earned! I'd continue to bench these two scrubs and let them sulk and fight their way back into the rotation with improved play during practice, and if practice time is infrequent....oh well!!!!

The next step is to give a chance to Skal and Malachi to infuse some energy and activity....and show they can make plays through hustle and effort. If anything can set a fire under two veterans, it is two rookies taking their minutes and show the team, and coach and fans how to make the most of those minutes.....none of this bodes well for a trade to go down to get rid of the deadweight and add the likes of a Millsap or a Payne, but any GM paying attention was unlikely to pound down our door for their services regardless.