[Game] Kings vs. Chicago Bulls, 3/4/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will go understated but I'd like to talk about the bench which is where I feel it started. When Sabonis went out with foul trouble late in the 3rd, that bench unit just gave all the momentum back to the Bulls in a matter of seconds which the Kings never recaptured.

Really, they didn't even have to win those minutes they just had to keep the Bulls from regaining all the momentum.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This was one was on brown. He did nothing to adjust defensively when White was driving to the rim at will getting layup after layup. Also brown not recognizing to call timeout at the end.
To be fair, Malik pointed to a spot he wanted De’Aaron to throw the ball to and then randomly decided to bolt for the complete opposite direction just as Fox threw the ball.

Kings having an easy schedule till the end of the regular season meaning... Kings have the toughest schedule till the end of the regular season. At least we won't meet teams that are lower than .500 in the play in or playoffs afterwards.

The thing I’m most upset about is why do we have to run into a buzz saw performance from Derozan. That jerk made 10-11 shots and 11 of 12 free throws in the second half? How the hell does that happen? He was throwing up crap half the time. The turnovers sucked and we couldn’t make shots but he is the reason we lost. I absolutely hate this. 3rd most heartbreaking loss after Suns and Bucks. Dang.

I’m done with this team. What an absolutely joke and choke. Where’s that all-defensive pro Keegan tonight? And why is Fox literally throwing the game away at the end there? Why would Brown not call a timeout?? So we can play 0 defense and lose? Why is Lyles in instead of Len??? Lyles was hot garbage.

This cannot be the same team going into next year. Monte should be fired if it is.

Same old Kings. They don’t play with any type of heart.

Don’t care about our record, this is one of the least fun teams we’ve had in the last 20 years.

Brown has gotta take some blame here - it was a slow moving train wreck - bring in Ellis and/or Kessler....DO SOMETHING
I always knew Brown is an excellent coach but not a good substitution coach as far as matching. You know who's the best chess match substitution coach? Jordi Fernandez. I seen what he did last year when Brown was away from the team and he was unbelievable. He knew who he needs to put in to give the team the best chance to win....Brown was never known for that.

He used to have either Fox and Sabonis in the game...only one can rest. But in this game, he rest BOTH? Why? So the Bulls can make a run? EXACTLY!!!

The thing I’m most upset about is why do we have to run into a buzz saw performance from Derozan. That jerk made 10-11 shots and 11 of 12 free throws in the second half? How the hell does that happen? He was throwing up crap half the time. The turnovers sucked and we couldn’t make shots but he is the reason we lose. I absolutely hate this. 3rd most heartbreaking loss after Suns and Bucks. Dang.
Brown will probably point it out. Physicality. DDR did hit some ridiculous shots but he and White were just pounding anyone and everyone inside.

Next 4 games... we're gonna lose to the blazers and rockets but beat the lakers and bucks.. Why am i more optimistic about beating better teams? lol

I’m done with this team. What an absolutely joke and choke. Where’s that all-defensive pro Keegan tonight? And why is Fox literally throwing the game away at the end there? Why would Brown not call a timeout?? So we can play 0 defense and lose? Why is Lyles in instead of Sabonis??? Lyles was hot garbage.

This cannot be the same team going into next year. Monte should be fired if it is.

Don’t care about our record, this is one of the least fun teams we’ve had in the last 20 years.
Sabonis had fouled out

This team is schizophrenic. They don’t know who they are or what they want to be. It adds up to inconsistency on a nightly basis.

There’s the quote they put up about holding each other accountable. Who did that? It seems glaringly absent with this squad.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’m done with this team. What an absolutely joke and choke. Where’s that all-defensive pro Keegan tonight? And why is Fox literally throwing the game away at the end there? Why would Brown not call a timeout?? So we can play 0 defense and lose? Why is Lyles in instead of Len??? Lyles was hot garbage.

Keegan had five fouls and Sabonis fouled out with five minutes left in the quarter.

We simply couldn’t stop Derozan and White. They made some tough shots so kudos to them. That said, our 4th qtr offense was putrid. Some awful 3s. A bunch of forced shots in the lane with multiple defenders in the way. Keegan deferring and not really getting any meaningful touches. When we needed a basket, we had no one we could go to. And when we got fouled, we would make one / miss one.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I can't be unhappy with this loss. The Kings played with effort and teamwork; several players had good to very good performances. But DeMar DeRozan showed why he's going to be a HOFer. Here he was playing really for nothing except pride on a team going nowhere and he was outstanding. Got to give him and the Bulls some credit on this one. If the Kings keep playing with this kind of effort and heart for the remaining games of the season, they'll be in the playoffs.

By far the best thing I saw tonight was Scott Pollard ringing the bell at the hospital after his heart transplant. I'm so happy for the guy.

Brown will probably point it out. Physicality. DDR did hit some ridiculous shots but he and White were just pounding anyone and everyone inside.
he was fading away throwing up junk and getting junk fouls called on him. I know he is great from the midrange but 10-11 is ridiculous. He goes 8-11 and this game goes the other way. It took a otherworldly offensive performance, turnovers and missed shots for
Us to lose this. Ugh, why

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I always knew Brown is an excellent coach but not a good substitution coach as far as matching. You know who's the best chess match substitution coach? Jordi Fernandez. I seen what he did last year when Brown was away from the team and he was unbelievable. He knew who he needs to put in to give the team the best chance to win....Brown was never known for that.

He used to have either Fox and Sabonis in the game...only one can rest. But in this game, he rest BOTH? Why? So the Bulls can make a run? EXACTLY!!!
Fox is coming off of an injury and Sabonis was in foul trouble all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.