[Game] Kings vs. Celtics (Vegas Summer League Championship) Tuesday August 17th, 6PM PT (9PM ET) ESPN

Who wins?

• Total voters

dude12

Hall of Famer
King sure looked better than Nesmith
Pritchard just got stuffed
Carson Edwards tried to hold his own

Davion is going to get his minutes but Swag and King can be contributors this year but I don’t see where the minutes will come unfortunately

Davion is going to get his minutes but Swag and King can be contributors this year but I don’t see where the minutes will come unfortunately
King might have a shot considering the team is short on legit wins. Ramsey they can let continue to develop. There's plenty of time for him. If things go south then he's an excellent hope/development piece next year should things fail miserably and tank time commences.

I doubt Swag plays any minutes this year. I’d say let him develop under BJax for a full season In the Gleague and then pull him up either at the end of the year or next season. King might not see many minutes either but he has a better chance of cracking the rotation. I’m tempering my expections for him but wouldn’t it be great if his skill set translates and he becomes a part of the core?

I doubt Swag plays any minutes this year. I’d say let him develop under BJax for a full season In the Gleague and then pull him up either at the end of the year or next season. King might not see many minutes either but he has a better chance of cracking the ball rotation. I’m tempering my expections for him but wouldn’t it be great if his skill set translates and he becomes a part of the core?
King can't expect to be what he was late last year and this SL though obviously. The good news is he was kind of considered a 3 and D prospect coming out of Oregon so it could easily come together for him. The main issue is the Kings main issue, SIZE. He's long and tall but still 190 pounds soaking wet. He's already called himself a big guard. Something you heard about the other Kings wing Harkless who has also always kind of been a big SG defensively.

And in all seriousness, Bobby is going to turn some heads after this. He's already been busting his hump to make his way up the ladder so the Kings better not let him slip away like other assistants that eventually bailed. Bobby might be HC material now, not later.
im oretty sure he wants to finish what happened In ‘02 in Sac

King might have a shot considering the team is short on legit wins. Ramsey they can let continue to develop. There's plenty of time for him. If things go south then he's an excellent hope/development piece next year should things fail miserably and tank time commences.
Yeah I think the next step for Ramsey is let him control the G-League offense and see how he handles #1 USG and if this driving ability can convert to a larger sample of games. He legit looked like he unlocked that finishing ability over the last 4 games. Gear him up for a key spot for the 22-23 season.

Kings is too good to keep on the G-League team and the Kings need a guy with his skill-set right now. And while he won't get to be "Summer League KD", the Kings bench really did lack go-to scoring ability for a majority of last year. And we know he'll provide spacing and good defensive pressure with his long frame.

If you add King to the wing core, you're all of a sudden not as worried about the depth at that slot. Barnes-Harkless-King should be very capable of handling a lot of those 3/4 minutes.

Fox || Mitchell
Hali || TD
Buddy || King
Barnes || Harkless || Metu || Bagley
Holmes || Len || Bagley

Is the rotation I'd run. Unfortunately, I think King and Metu stay buried behind the vets with Walton at the helm.

Yeah I think the next step for Ramsey is let him control the G-League offense and see how he handles #1 USG and if this driving ability can convert to a larger sample of games. He legit looked like he unlocked that finishing ability over the last 4 games. Gear him up for a key spot for the 22-23 season.

Kings is too good to keep on the G-League team and the Kings need a guy with his skill-set right now. And while he won't get to be "Summer League KD", the Kings bench really did lack go-to scoring ability for a majority of last year. And we know he'll provide spacing and good defensive pressure with his long frame.

If you add King to the wing core, you're all of a sudden not as worried about the depth at that slot. Barnes-Harkless-King should be very capable of handling a lot of those 3/4 minutes.

Fox || Mitchell
Hali || TD
Buddy || King
Barnes || Harkless || Metu || Bagley
Holmes || Len || Bagley

Is the rotation I'd run. Unfortunately, I think King and Metu stay buried behind the vets with Walton at the helm.
I love how you low-key have Bagley as our 12th man

Tonight we saw something cool. A team playing with the image of Bobby and Doug C.
The SL team is like the anti-Kings.
They play defense, they rebound, they get steals and they run the floor.
Do that and a lot of games can be won with only average shooting.
Tremendous energy, good team defense and sharing the ball.
I hope the Kings were watching.

king if he plays defense at 6’ 7” with a 7’ wingspan will get minutes. We desperately need length on the wing. He could immediately slide into that 3 and D role. I expect he will be Doug’s personal project.

Swag should get minutes but currently at 6’ 3” with a 6’ 6” wingspan he will struggle to get time over Haliburton or Davis.

It's not like Pritchard is some bum, used in the loosest of ways because anyone at this level is far better than the average player. He played a lot for the Celtics his rookie year. He averaged 19 minutes and 8 points a game while shooting 41% from 3. Mitchell, with some occasional help, shut him down hard.