[Game] Kings v. Warriors - Monday, Jan. 6 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
As long as my dude HGIII keeps playing, I’m gonna keep showing up to the game threads!

And I still hate the GD Warriors, and their fans, and their everything. I won’t lie and say I’ve really been caring about wins and losses lately, but go ahead and win this one.

Have a feeling we won't see Bags until March. Since he's been a King, he's emphasized the larger, longer picture. Dude's not going to play unless he's 110%.

Well, we did not win a game without Bogdanovic playing. Right now, I expect Alec and Willie to have career games. We lose the next few games against bad teams than we win against other Californian teams, Denver, Bucks, etc.

P.S. You should know what I am trying to do here, don't jump on me.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Fox was not engaged in the last game. You can call it immaturity or lack of mental toughness or discipline. Whatever you want to call it, it is inhibiting Fox from taking the next upward step in his development. He's the best player on the Kings. He's a smart guy. Personally, I think he's so talented that he gets bored playing against the mediocre players or teams. He goes out and demolishes Morant, who is getting a lot of pub and many say will get the ROY, but against Ball he's standing around spectating at Ball. He was so unready for the game and so uninspired playing against Ball I was expecting him to yawn while on the floor. For this team to get it together, the 22 year old Fox needs to find it within himself to bring it every game. Only then will he have to authority to exert real leadership on this team and demand others perform with the same energy.

As an aside, I thought that Joerger never did utilize Burks to get the most from him. The first game Burks played for the Kings (Miami) he was great, then he just went downhill after that.

I just checked the stats on WCS. He's averaging eight points and six rebounds in 23 minutes a game. That seems about right for WCS. His spots haven't changed, despite the uniform change and the oh-so-great Warriors coaching staff, players, and support system. To think that we on this board had sooooo much debate about how valuable he was for the Kings going forward makes me laugh.

Fox was not engaged in the last game. You can call it immaturity or lack of mental toughness or discipline. Whatever you want to call it, it is inhibiting Fox from taking the next upward step in his development. He's the best player on the Kings. He's a smart guy. Personally, I think he's so talented that he gets bored playing against the mediocre players or teams. He goes out and demolishes Morant, who is getting a lot of pub and many say will get the ROY, but against Ball he's standing around spectating at Ball. He was so unready for the game and so uninspired playing against Ball I was expecting him to yawn while on the floor. For this team to get it together, the 22 year old Fox needs to find it within himself to bring it every game. Only then will he have to authority to exert real leadership on this team and demand others perform with the same energy.
I thought you said he was a "man among boys" and already a superstar.

You basically just parroted the same arguments people used against you a few days ago in the Fox thread. But now you're agreeing? I don't get it.

In any event, Fox is the only guy on the current 'active roster' that has the talent/ability to be a superstar. The Kings need him to be that superstar in order to win. When he plays great they generally win. When he doesn't they lose. Real superstars bring it most of the time, he needs to start doing that or the losses are going to keep piling up.

Well, we did not win a game without Bogdanovic playing. Right now, I expect Alec and Willie to have career games. We lose the next few games against bad teams than we win against other Californian teams, Denver, Bucks, etc.

I forgot, Smailagic, motivated by playing against NT coach and competition for NT PF spot, scores 59 points and supported by Alec and Willie, keeps our streak alive.

Perhaps didn't need to make a new thread, will post here as well...

Have an extra ticket given to me by a friend.... anyone wanna do an irl meetup and catch the game?? :)

I'm a lot nicer in person!!!

*the ticket would be free for you

Last edited:
Glad there's still some of you that hold on to hope because I've already given up on the season. Not really sure where they can go from here. Lottery? Mid first round pick? Trades? Magically start winning again?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought you said he was a "man among boys" and already a superstar.

You basically just parroted the same arguments people used against you a few days ago in the Fox thread. But now you're agreeing? I don't get it.

In any event, Fox is the only guy on the current 'active roster' that has the talent/ability to be a superstar. The Kings need him to be that superstar in order to win. When he plays great they generally win. When he doesn't they lose. Real superstars bring it most of the time, he needs to start doing that or the losses are going to keep piling up.
I didn't say he was a superstar. He's extraordinarily talented. If you can't see that, check your vision.

Really? I was trying to figure that out the other day but gave up on the filters

Perhaps didn't need to make a new thread, will post here as well...

Have an extra ticket given to me by a friend.... anyone wanna do an irl meetup and catch the game?? :)

I'm a lot nicer in person!!!

*the ticket would be free for you
I can’t but wanted to point out that this is an extremely nice gesture. Hope someone took you up on the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.