[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - Friday, 2/9 - 7:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, we waive goodbye to PapaG, Malachi and George Hill and say hello to ... I think I'll wait until the dust settles to figure that one out. :p

The original Kings schedule showed this game as being carried on ESPN, but that's apparently been cancelled in favor of the TWolves-Bulls. No matter. I wouldn't have watched it on ESPN anyway.

One thing moving George Hill does is make more time for Fox. Now all we have to do is hope his ankle is okay. If not, I'm guessing we'll see Temple (?) starting at the 1. Except Temple may not be available either. Here's the injury report as of this morning:

02/08/18 George Hill PG Coach's Decision Game Time Decision
02/08/18 Frank Mason III PG Heel Expected to be out until at least Feb 22
02/08/18 Malachi Richardson SG Ankle Expected to be out until at least Feb 11
02/07/18 Garrett Temple SG Mouth Game Time Decision
02/05/18 De'Aaron Fox PG Ankle Game Time Decision
02/01/18 Skal Labissiere PF Shoulder Expected to be out until at least Feb 22
01/18/18 Harry Giles PF Knee Out for the season

And for the Trailblazers:

02/08/18 Noah Vonleh PF Coach's Decision Game Time Decision
02/06/18 Evan Turner SG Calf Game Time Decision
02/01/18 C.J. Wilcox SG Knee Expected to be out until at least Feb 15

Those reports, of course, do not include what happened before the trade deadline. Hill is gone from the Kings, as is Malachi (and PapaG). Vonleh is no longer on the Trailblazers.

The Trailblazers are looking to end a 3-game losing streak. Will the Kings be the good hosts and help them pick themselves up or will they slam the doors in their faces? Tune in at 7:30 tomorrow to find out.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

As is the usual case, I will be watching the game from the comfort of a couch in the living room. And I will provide my 2 cents (and then some) after the conclusion of the game, which will be later tonight.

I am NOT going to utilize my phone throughout the game and post while things are happening on the hardwood floor. The last time I did that, I managed to drain my battery by the time the game clock read "0:00" in the 2nd quarter. And, trust me when I say this, 15ish minutes is NOT enough time to charge a cell phone to the point where you can use it for the duration of a basketball game. So, no posts using my phone as a result...

And, I share the same love for the Kings that is constantly displayed by @VF21 ....I, too, do LOVE this team. We can go 0-82, and that love will never change.

For those who may have missed it, Kayte C. gave an excellent explanation of why Papa was cut. Primarily, she said with Giles, WCS and Skal as our core big men for the future, there just wasn't room for Papa - and his style just doesn't work with Fox and what the Kings are working towards. Pretty tactful, if you ask me.
Makes sense. It was obvious he was the odd man out and we're probably not drafting another guard this year so he was pretty much destined to perpetually be in Reno.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not sure why, but the "Authentic Fan" promotion really bugs me. It's easy to be an "authentic fan" if you're given a free sign to hold up and proclaim that you're an "authentic fan." It also irks me that you have to sit in a particular section to get a souvenir to prove you're an "authentic fan."

/rantover