[Game] Kings v. Thunder - Thursday, Feb. 22 - 7 PT

What was that??? Carter pulls up in transition down 2 with more than five Seconds left from near the Logo, of course it misses but JJ tipps it in...
Then Westbrook who is ICECOLD hits the game winner. Madness!

It's so exciting to watch the Kings when Randolph is not on the floor.. I much preferred watching Hill play and I'm very disappointed we couldn't unload Randolph before the deadline.

I'm anti tanking because I like to root for my team to win and I think winning always does more good than losing.. but the last thing I want to see is Zach Randolph leading us to a worse draft position.

Zach Randolph is a unique and very talented player, I just think he is not helping our team improve and I honestly feel physical pain watching him sometimes. He's the hardest thing about being a Kings fan for me right now-- and it doesn't help that Joerger has a thing for him.

We don't know yet. There was a computer malfunctioning at the arena so we don't have any stats yet. I guess 36.
Rumor has it that Joerger spilled his water over the arena computer to prevent Kings Fans from finding out :p:p
I'm almost certain ZBO is going to play us into the #8 pick. Just has that feel to the end of the year...

It's so exciting to watch the Kings when Randolph is not on the floor.. I much preferred watching Hill play and I'm very disappointed we couldn't unload Randolph before the deadline.

I'm anti tanking because I like to root for my team to win and I think winning always does more good than losing.. but the last thing I want to see is Zach Randolph leading us to a worse draft position.

Zach Randolph is a unique and very talented player, I just think he is not helping our team improve and I honestly feel physical pain watching him sometimes. He's the hardest thing about being a Kings fan for me right now-- and it doesn't help that Joerger has a thing for him.
ZBO- 28
VC- 29
Temple-41

Youngin's:
WCS-23 minutes????
Skal-26 (get it, first game back)
Mason- 7 (get it, first game back)
JJ- 41 minutes
Buddy- 22 minutes???
Bogdan- 28 minutes????
Bruno - 0 minutes????

Look, I get the rotation was a bit messed up with Fox out and Mason and Skal working back from injury. But literally no excuse Buddy and Bogdan, WCS don't get 33+ minutes tonight. I have no problems winning games on the backs of the young guys. I DO have a problem if we managed to pull this one out on the back of a 23-shot night from ZBO. This was a great opportunity to let Buddy and Bogdan work on their playmaking and being lead options with Fox out. Instead we just dumped it to ZBO all night. That does nothing for development.

ZBO- 28
VC- 29
Temple-41

Youngin's:
WCS-23 minutes????
Skal-26 (get it, first game back)
Mason- 7 (get it, first game back)
JJ- 41 minutes
Buddy- 22 minutes???
Bogdan- 28 minutes????
Bruno - 0 minutes????

Look, I get the rotation was a bit messed up with Fox out and Mason and Skal working back from injury. But literally no excuse Buddy and Bogdan, WCS don't get 33+ minutes tonight. I have no problems winning games on the backs of the young guys. I DO have a problem if we managed to pull this one out on the back of a 23-shot night from ZBO. This was a great opportunity to let Buddy and Bogdan work on their playmaking and being lead options with Fox out. Instead we just dumped it to ZBO all night. That does nothing for development.
Something doesn't seem right about the minutes in the box score. ESPN doesn't have the box score. NBA.com has a box score from the 3rd quarter. Fox sports has the minutes up on their box score that you listed but I could have sworn Mason played more minutes than that and I don't feel like JJ played 41. I could be wrong though.

Something doesn't seem right about the minutes in the box score. ESPN doesn't have the box score. NBA.com has a box score from the 3rd quarter. Fox sports has the minutes up on their box score that you listed but I could have sworn Mason played more minutes than that and I don't feel like JJ played 41. I could be wrong though.
Could be true, the NBA’s app has been funky and the it still says “Pregame” under OKC vs SAC.

It has Westbrook listed at 50 minutes so something is off

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OMG. I swear some of you just can't help yourselves. The tank group amazes me. WE LOST. You should be ecstatic. The kids played an appropriate amount of minutes IMHO. Bruno isn't going to play, according to reports, because he's not a premiere talent that can step right in and be productive. Yes, Z-Bo played a lot of minutes, partially because this is the Kings without Papa and with Koufos out sick. Both Conley and JaKarr are with Reno right now.

If I was coach I would have a thing for hm too. Best scorer on the team. Let some one beat him out by playing better.

I have no problems winning games on the backs of the young guys. I DO have a problem if we managed to pull this one out on the back of a 23-shot night from ZBO. This was a great opportunity to let Buddy and Bogdan work on their playmaking and being lead options with Fox out. Instead we just dumped it to ZBO all night. That does nothing for development.
I couldn't agree more and have said so in other threads.

I'm never in favor of losing on purpose or fielding a D-League lineup (like Philly did) to ensure you'll lose most the time.

If the Kings win while playing their youth that they expect to be the future of the franchise, I'm not gonna complain about it. But I don't want to see 36 yo vets with no future on this team leading them to wins while playing 30+ minutes. That just doesn't make any sense.

OMG. I swear some of you just can't help yourselves. The tank group amazes me. WE LOST. You should be ecstatic. The kids played an appropriate amount of minutes IMHO. Bruno isn't going to play, according to reports, because he's not a premiere talent that can step right in and be productive. Yes, Z-Bo played a lot of minutes, partially because this is the Kings without Papa and with Koufos out sick. Both Conley and JaKarr are with Reno right now.
It doesn’t seem like you can help yourself correcting others who aren’t “positive”.

Why are the vets like Vince/Temple playing more than Buddy/Bogdan, as was pointed out?

It’s wholly questionable if Joerger is fit for a rebuild. We lost tonight, but the schedule is going to ease up, particularly in March, and Joerger just can’t be favoring winning meaningless games over development for the sanity for a lot of the fanbase, and I’m assuming the wishes of the FO/ownership after reading the Vivek article. His last year was picked up IMO to help ensure he played ball

It’s not to say we should be purposely losing

We decided to keep Bruno and cut Papa instead. So, obviously the thought is to check him out. I understand doing it in practice, etc., but we aren't really playing for anything this season (except draft position), and we need to check what we have in Bruno. We have to make a decision on him this summer.

For me at least, if we are not checking out Bruno (at least a little in real game situations), cutting Papa to create a roster slot makes even less sense.