[Game] Kings v. Thunder - Thursday, Feb. 22 - 7 PT

Well how much tolerance you have for opinions that are different than yours? People who advocate for real tanking have facts and math to support their opinion. People who advocate for playing vets a lot have a short sighted idea that its funnier watching wins now so lets not worry about future. Everyone has a right to an opinion but since this is a message board, you need to be prepared for counter arguments if you say stuff like just "letting the future take care of itself", especially when your point of view dismisses math and facts.
Your math and facts have nothing to do with the game in hand. I expect the players, the caches, the managers, the fans to playing and rooting for a win now.

Fair enough. It's a sentiment I largely agree with. While I think that at this stage, a higher draft pick is worth a little more, I can get behind the idea that if the current crop progresses more, and we move towards establishing a winning culture, it is worth a drop in the draft position.

That said, I think my point about Papa is still valid. I don't mind cutting him so much, but I do mind the fact that we cut him instead of Bruno. Perhaps both were not much in our plans. If so, Bruno's expiring contract is a waste for us. Papa could have potentially been used as a filler in a trade in the summer, or failing that, cut at that stage if we needed a spot.

Maybe I'm just fretting over a very minor issue, but honestly, if we kept Bruno, we might as well see what the kid can do.
We will.

Your math and facts have nothing to do with the game in hand. I expect the players, the caches, the managers, the fans to playing and rooting for a win now.
It does. It really does. We have few vets and a lot of young guys in our roster with zero chance of playoffs so the best thing mathematically and factually we could do is lose in order to get a better pick (the value of top 3 pick compared to other lottery picks have been demonstrated mathematically here). The conclusion is that we should play our young guys as much as possible and our vets as little as possible for the rest of the season. If young guys wins us games, nice. If yong guys gets us top3 pick, nice.

Your type of thinking is short sighted and selfish. Everything should be done to optimize our succes in long run. The level of your amusement while watching games irrelevant. This season is already lost so if there is something we could do in order to improve our future, we should do that. The difference between top3 and 7th pick is astronomical and you should realize that we need tp do everything in our power to get that top 3 pick.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...Your type of thinking is short sighted and selfish. Everything should be done to optimize our success in long run. The level of your amusement while watching games irrelevant. This season is already lost so if there is something we could do in order to improve our future, we should do that. The difference between top3 and 7th pick is astronomical and you should realize that we need tp do everything in our power to get that top 3 pick.
This is the very type of comment that I object to most strenuously. NO fan's rationale for watching his/her team or rooting for them is irrelevant. You may not agree with how they approach their fandom, but they have as much right to their perspective as you do to yours. You view from afar and think only of the long run. Others view from the seats in G1C and think primarily of getting the most bang for their buck. Neither is wrong.

It does. It really does. We have few vets and a lot of young guys in our roster with zero chance of playoffs so the best thing mathematically and factually we could do is lose in order to get a better pick (the value of top 3 pick compared to other lottery picks have been demonstrated mathematically here). The conclusion is that we should play our young guys as much as possible and our vets as little as possible for the rest of the season. If young guys wins us games, nice. If yong guys gets us top3 pick, nice.

Your type of thinking is short sighted and selfish. Everything should be done to optimize our succes in long run. The level of your amusement while watching games irrelevant. This season is already lost so if there is something we could do in order to improve our future, we should do that. The difference between top3 and 7th pick is astronomical and you should realize that we need tp do everything in our power to get that top 3 pick.
Wow. You must really think a lot of your opinion.

You could just admit that winning a championship is the only thing that interests you as a fan and that the means used to obtain said championship are always justified. Clearly there are fans who don't see it that way, especially since the ends are so far from a guarantee.

It’s not just about the draft pick. Youth gets better by playing, and I personally couldn’t be convinced that any other reason for minute rationality isn’t a cover for winning meaningless games on resumes instead of long term franchise vision

Entertainment wise, I would think the intrigue of seeing the youth offsets any marginal ability from the past prime vets. so I don’t know if the paying faithful at GC1, in their majority, would mind the youth

“Your type of thinking is short sighted and selfish.” True and it is also the nature of the game. You and another team play a basketball game to win. Period. If you lose a lot of games you get a higher pick in the draft. You get a higher pick in the draft because you didn’t perform or win enough to beat others and not because you didn’t try to win and compete. Your fans should root like hell that you work to win every game. One person hoping you lose so you might get a higher pick is a disservice to the game of basketball.

Willie makes more out of control offensive plays than anyone I see play on a regular basis.
Adams is really tough on him because he is always in position.