[Game] Kings v. Thunder - 1/15/17 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cousins 4 turnovers and it feel like all of them have led to easy baskets. Rudy has three also, out of timeout turnover. Good lord this team is absolutely imploding, and we are about to go on an eight game roadtrip, its going to be a bloodbath month that kills the season.

1-5(likely) on a homestand is absolutely unnaceptable, i dont care who the opponents are. Our only win required a huge comeback against a mediocre team and we have seemingly been down by 20 points every game. Why should we have any optimism short and long term with this team? Franchise is lucky (or not) that bottom of the west is so mediocre this year and they can sell their fans on "8th seed baby!". Its abundantly clear this team is the very definition of mediocre and old. Not even mediocre and young.

dude12

Hall of Famer
umm it absolutely does matter....

we started this line up against.... (drum roll please) .... The Warriors and YES WE HAD A LEAD TO START THE GAME.... we ran this starting line up once before against TOR and we had a lead in the first quarter and half.. and won.

since GS.... we played DET, CLE, and OKC...

you can't say it doesn't matter .... 4 of the 5 times we ran this lineup were against playoff teams. give these guys our best starting guys a break... they need a maybe at least a few more games to fully gel.
I can say it doesn't matter..

1-5(likely) on a homestand is absolutely unnaceptable, i dont care who the opponents are. Our only win required a huge comeback against a mediocre team and we have seemingly been down by 20 points every game. Why should we have any optimism short and long term with this team? Franchise is lucky (or not) that bottom of the west is so mediocre this year and they can sell their fans on "8th seed baby!". Its abundantly clear this team is the very definition of mediocre and old. Not even mediocre and young.
Great question!

Well team is owed about a quarter of make-up calls. They should beat OKC at home, but they are giving up transition baskets and Dipo is having a nice game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Two sets of footprints, not just the Bruno Magli shoes.

Dr. Henry Lee says he was not allowed to do complete testing at crime scene...

Okay, I'm outta here. Didn't mean to derail the thread. Toodles.

There's one thing very obvious to me. And I have been saying this for awhile. MVP Boogie cannot show up nightly. Its not reasonable and rational to expect total dominance every game. Top 5 scoring 56% TS 1.3 assist to turnover and scoring on only 43% of assisted twos (vs over 50% last year) means he is doing a lot of damage on his own with every opponent geared to stop him.

Let's suppose MVP Boogie shows up 3 out of 5 games. The other two games are almost guaranteed losses since there is not enough weapons up and down the line-up to compensate. On three of the "MVP nights" at least one of the games will not be enough to win for same reason. So with the imbalance to offensive load, and overall talent discrepancy, this team as constructed is unlikely to win more than 40% of their games.

Our current win percentage is 41%.....BOOM. Damn I am good. :D

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I am holding my tongue.

I am holding my tongue.

Seen this too many times, so I am holding my tongue until its over rather than say something that will look silly in a few minutes. But...jeesh.

Alright guys i'm here! What did I miss so far? Why are we losing?
Well for one, we have 15 turnovers which were converted to 15-20 points on fast breaks. Meanwhile we have zero fastbreak points off their 12 turnovers.

Then you get out rebounded 29-21 including Kings having 13 DEF rbs. while OKC has 13 Of. rbs . Thats my stab in the dark.

I am holding my tongue.

I am holding my tongue.

Seen this too many times, so I am holding my tongue until its over rather than say something that will look silly in a few minutes. But...jeesh.
What have you seen too many times? A bored superior team over-confident with substantial lead that they lose interest long enough to let the inferior team back into the game to make it interesting before putting them away for good? Yeah I have seen that too many times too.

Status
Not open for further replies.