[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Saturday, Dec. 23 - 7 PT

Spurs are Spurs'ing, turning up pressure on defense and executing like crazy on offense. Add to it that Aldridge is absolutely dialed in and this one might get real ugly in the second half. Kings will have to come out with a ton of energy if they want to get back in it.

Aldridge is torching WCS so far.....can't stop him
It wasn't just WCS. Also, Koufas. Might want to try doubling him. The second unit just didn't have enough to stay with the spurs and when the first unit came back, they began to force some shots and stopped moving the ball.

Spurs kept up the pace. Kings went stagnant.

Should really try to get Buddy more looks. We know he’s one of those shooters that can put together 15 points in a couple of minutes when he’s on but we never ride the hot hand.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Kings crawling back in it. WCS in the paint is better than taking those jumpers. Hield needs to keep shooting the 3.....he missed a few and now is passing them up

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Woooo! Got home a few minutes ago and just as I log onto KF they change that 2 of Hill's to a 3. Bodes well, I think:)

Aside: Even up here in the middle of a forest, traffic is crazy on the Saturday night before Christmas Eve. I swear I've never seen so many people at our little supermarket.

Listening to the crew, sounds like the 2nd quarter was our downfall. I like what I'm seeing right now for the most part. And I'm certainly happy with the little I've seen from Buddy.

In the few minutes I've watched I've seen Manu trying to draw fouls at least 6 different times. Either that, or he's stumbling over his own feet more than any other player in the history of the game. Luckily it appears the officials are finally wise to his "acting."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Spurs are Spurs'ing, turning up pressure on defense and executing like crazy on offense. Add to it that Aldridge is absolutely dialed in and this one might get real ugly in the second half. Kings will have to come out with a ton of energy if they want to get back in it.
I was gonna ask for a quick catchup but it looks like that's all I need to know. :)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
feels like I'm watching a NBA 2k simulation game, Spurs have to be shooting 60% or close to it for the game. They really haven't missed much.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Considering this is the Spurs we're playing ... and the fact they seem to relish in coming into Sacramento and playing the Grinch ... I'm not too disappointed. They're still the Spurs, even without Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, and as long as Pop is coach they're gonna be tough. You can tell by the look on their faces they were not going to gently into that good night, especially facing their third loss in a row.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Spurs just methodically doing what they do.
Let's see: Gasol - future HoF; Ginobli - ditto; Parker - wouldn't be surprised. Pops? I'm surprised they haven't voted him in already. Now look at the names on the Kings jerseys. It's the 4th quarter. Experience and discipline tells the tale. But at least our guys haven't just given up. And they'll learn more lessons from playing against these Spurs.

feels like I'm watching a NBA 2k simulation game, Spurs have to be shooting 60% or close to it for the game. They really haven't missed much.
52.6% to 46.1% for Kings. Including several more 3s. Unfortunately, Mason's 0-6 performance is most of the difference in the score. Kings got it to 7 in the 3rd. Team has gotta execute well against Spurs, and the Kings have had some dry-spells.

Spurs don't even have Leonard tonight.

Taking Buddy out may be a mistake I think, but oh well....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Manu Gin0bli looks as old as the little old man who needed help putting his groceries into his car a little while ago. I wonder if he uses a walker off the court. (And no comments about my advancing age thank you very much.)

dude12

Hall of Famer
52.6% to 46.1% for Kings. Including several more 3s. Unfortunately, Mason's 0-6 performance is most of the difference in the score. Kings got it to 7 in the 3rd. Team has gotta execute well against Spurs, and the Kings have had some dry-spells.

Spurs don't even have Leonard tonight.

Taking Buddy out may be a mistake I think, but oh well....
I don't think Buddy came out of the second half until that 5 minutes left in the game......iirc