[Game] Kings v. Sixers- Thursday, March 5 - 7PT/10ET

What should we do about the Luke Walton Vacuum Cleaner Award now that he's our coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Playoff Race Kings means Playoff Race Game Threads.

(It also helps that a bunch of work stuff got cancelled thanks to the Coronavirus)
PLACEHOLDER

Well well well, it's been a good four years since I've done one of these (January 2016: Boogie was still a King, the Kings were inexplicably slightly in the playoff picture, Ben Mclemore and Marco Bellinelli were our two guards, Seth Curry was on the roster) but the Kings are inexplicably in the thick of a playoff race despite playing like hot toddies for the first half of the season and there's no better time to clear off the rust than an exciting sports March.

The Wizards game was variably a blood bath and a routine trip to the dentist turned into a nightmare when your doctor decides to take out your wisdom teeth on the spot but was too cheap to pay for anesthetic. De'Aaron (still in high school the last time I worked on these threads semi-regularly) is a star. Bradley Beal is a star. Thankfully our roster is deep and talented whereas the Wizards depth chart beyond Beal can best be summarized as Davis Bertans, the great Japanese Hope, and a bunch of guys. The non-sucky team prevailed.

Awards Time
Tony Delk Memorial Award: Davis Bertans. Honestly had a hard time not giving this to Brad Beal but seeing as how he does this to everyone, I gave this one to Bertans, who is apparently not good enough for the Spurs but good enough to seemingly not miss a single shot in the second half of the game.
Jason Hart/Andres Nocioni Award: Buddy Hield. 17 points in the first half. Jack-diddly-squat in the second.
Rafer Alston And-1 Award: Harry Giles. A behind-the-back pass. A scoop into a hook.
WTF Moment of the Night: The 3rd Quarter. All of it.

And back by popular demand...
Luke Walton Vacuum Cleaner Award:
Mo Wagner. 4 fouls in 13 minutes and a couple of nasty scowls for no reason.

Last edited:
Found an interesting stats going into this game: Bogi has had 0.81 turnover per game in the past 17 games (12-5) and 17 steals. During this period, other players had a steals-turnovers ratio: Fox 21-49, Buddy 15-30, Beli 13-20, Harrison 9-26.

So next time you wanna say he runs amok with the ball and should not be allowed to do so, this is your reminder.

Found an interesting stats going into this game: Bogi has had 0.81 turnover per game in the past 17 games (12-5) and 17 steals. During this period, other players had a steals-turnovers ratio: Fox 21-49, Buddy 15-30, Beli 13-20, Harrison 9-26.

So next time you wanna say he runs amok with the ball and should not be allowed to do so, this is your reminder.
Is steals-turnovers a thing? I've literally never heard such a ratio used.

Finally, a stat more baffling than plus-minus.
How is that baffling?

You attempt a steal, there's always a chance for it to backfire and become a turnover. Those are just the numbers they committed on both things.

But the important thing is, Bogi committed less than a turnover a game in the last 17 games and had scored 17 steals.

How is that baffling?

You attempt a steal, there's always a chance for it to backfire and become a turnover. Those are just the numbers they committed on both things.

But the important thing is, Bogi committed less than a turnover a game in the last 17 games and had scored 17 steals.
Still not understanding how a steal becomes a turnover. You don't get turnovers playing defense. Do you mean assists?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
How is that baffling?

If you attempt a steal and fail, the other team retains possession. How does that become a turnover for you?

How is that baffling?

So what you're saying is Bogdan has incredible ball control and ball handling skills. Eye test confirms.

Is this a joke? It is a very common stat for PGs and ball handlers.
It's not. You're thinking of assists-to-turnovers. I don't think I've ever heard of steals-turnovers being used as a metric of value. I guess it makes sense somewhat, in that steals gain you possession while a turnover loses it. But it's not a commonly used stat and I hope it doesn't become one as it doesn't really tell you anything.

This is a winnable game with all the Philly injuries, we need this one. Keep the momentum going.

Status
Not open for further replies.