Kings trade rights to Jaden Hardy (37 overall) for two future second round picks

Yep. Look at the 2nd round in 2018. Brunson, Graham, Mitchell Robinson, Trent Jr, Vanderbilt, Bruce Brown, Melton and Shake Milton.
I am very confident there will not be that many good 2nd rd picks like that from this crop.. And like if there is, lets say, a Mitchell Robinson to be had in this 2nd round, he (Koloko) went to the Raptors 4 picks ahead of Sacramento's pick...

Kennedy Chandler is one of the exceptions on the players who cant shoot 3's thing I just mentioned and he would've been available at 37... BUT... He's 5'11"! The Kings already have a short guard in Davion Mitchell. We're not drafting a bunch of midgets to fit in a clown car here, we're trying to make the playoffs.

Personally I was sitting there counting down the minutes/picks til the 37th pick --- BUT THEN Koloko came off the board and then the Lakers took Max Christie (who didnt shoot it well in college but he has a nice looking 3pt shot and he;s just 19) and immediately I became considerably less interested in who they were gonna take.Also the Magic take Houstan at 32.. (if ya see the 2nd rd picks thread i made those guys i had my eyes on before the draft)

Last edited:
Justin Lewis is a guy that was solidly in every single 2nd round in every mock for months and months and months...

he didnt even get drafted..

Jean Montero is a guy who people were thinking could be one of the first PG's off the board for months and was often mocked in the 1st round.... He didnt even get drafted (none of the Overtime Elite guys did)

Jaden Hardy, who the pick ends up being, he was awful in the G-League and shot horrible percentages and his draft stock tanked, one year removed from it looking like he could drop 40 every game vs lesser competition... His G-League team was better when he didnt play..

Hey bump this thread if im catastrophically wrong and I'll eat hay... I don't see the immediacy here with these picks.. I just dont see it..

Michael Foster didnt get picked.. Aminu Mohammed didnt get picked.. There was really a massive oversaturation of players who were riding the coattails of their performance vs High School kids into this particular draft, and im sure u could make that claim in every draft but this one in particular it was doubly so.

This was also the first draft since 1997 where a european player didnt go in the top25... so its not like the international pool was very strong either...

Last edited:
I am very confident there will not be that many good 2nd rd picks like that from this crop.. And like if there is, lets say, a Mitchell Robinson to be had in this 2nd round, he (Koloko) went to the Raptors 4 picks ahead of Sacramento's pick...

Kennedy Chandler is one of the exceptions on the players who cant shoot 3's thing I just mentioned and he would've been available at 37... BUT... He's 5'11"! The Kings already have a short guard in Davion Mitchell. We're not drafting a bunch of midgets to fit in a clown car here, we're trying to make the playoffs.

Personally I was sitting there counting down the minutes/picks til the 37th pick --- BUT THEN Koloko came off the board and then the Lakers took Max Christie (who didnt shoot it well in college but he has a nice looking 3pt shot and he;s just 19) and immediately I became considerably less interested in who they were gonna take.Also the Magic take Houstan at 32.. (if ya see the 2nd rd picks thread i made those guys i had my eyes on before the draft)
I was watching Koloko fall and also hopeful.

Monte said there was more to this at his presser, but deal is final as far as I know and it was just picks.

We'll have to play revisionist history at some point and see what happens.

I would have taken Liddell for the record. Not that I think this guy is a shoe in to be a rotational player or anything. It's just because they had a free chance to acquire a player with some sort of upside and they gave it away for whatever various reason they want to use. We'll find out at some point in the future if the entire 2nd round groaning on our part is meaningless.

Would have also been happy with Hardy, Kendall Brown or even Isaiah Mobley as well. Doubtful that they develop but less doubtful than the development of two future lower picks or cash considerations developing.

We'll have to play revisionist history at some point and see what happens.

I would have taken Liddell for the record. Not that I think this guy is a shoe in to be a rotational player or anything. It's just because they had a free chance to acquire a player with some sort of upside and they gave it away for whatever various reason they want to use. We'll find out at some point in the future if the entire 2nd round groaning on our part is meaningless.

Would have also been happy with Hardy, Kendall Brown or even Isaiah Mobley as well. Doubtful that they develop but less doubtful than the development of two future lower picks or cash considerations developing.
So I like Liddell I thought for a majority of the college season he was the favorite for NPOY, the blocks he was consistently getting were kind of amazing to me, and especially when he locked down Banchero vs Duke i thought he was working his way into the 1st rd..

But now that the dust has settled.. My big question about Lidell (or Isaiah Mobley) would be;

The Kings have options on PF's Trey Lyles and Chimezie Metu, Moe Harkless plays some PF, Keegan Murray plays some PF as does Sabonis and Harrison Barnes.. Where would Lidell fit in that mix NEXT season.. Cuz I feel like if he doesnt give you something in this next season, then there's really not the immediacy there to make the pick.. I genuinely think thats what the thought process is for the F/O.

(and Id ask the same type of question on the wing for Hardy/Brown)

Damn Caleb Houstan looks good for the Magic SL team in his debut...

The one 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' scenario i could see, and who knows if it was even an option, with this pick would've been to trade 37 + 49 + cash up for Houstan.. Even with that being said, Houstan and Keegan Murray do seem redundant..

am still firm that taking the 'BPA' here at 37 seems fruitless... and would likely have been a guy who they can bid on in 3-4 summers anyways in free agency when their ready to be more consistent..