Kings trade 49th pick for rights to Sasha Vezenkov

"This is all Monte's fault. By trading for the rights to a player who had a very workable buyout but was about to win the Greek League MVP and actively recruiting him, he forced Olympiacos to renegotiate his contract and keep him in Europe. Monte should have known better."
All good.

I listened to the latest Jerry Reynolds Podcast at the Kings Herald. Paraphrasing Jerry on Monte's style: we know he (Monte) doesn't go for big swings. He likes those middle of the plate fastballs where he can hit the ball up the middle. He likes singles.

So assuming Venzenkov doesn't come over, pretty certain Monte will fix that singles attempt with one of the following singles attempts: Paul Milsap (get the OG Milsap to tutor Milsap 2.0), Kent Bazemore (safe and comfortable), or Bjelly (GSW, OG Venzekov). I vote for Milsap.

But but but, our board insiders, who judge every move instantaneously, and always in the worst possible light, said this was just selling a second round draft pick for cash, that we had never heard of this guy, and that there was no way he’d come over. There was no way this was part of a plan to acquire a guy we liked.

Turns out we really wanted the guy. Sasha said we had scouts at his games earlier this year and now it looks like there is real momentum to bring him. It looks like Monte had a plan after all, and he is probably bringing in a much better player than who we would have picked at 49. That is going to hurt the “narrative” some are trying to spin. Maybe, just maybe, Monte is a better GM than some want to admit…
THIS!

"Nahhh.... c'mon now. How can Monte know better in European basketball, ahem, Euroleague for authenticity, than ME?

I watched 2, TWO Youtube videos, one even had commentators in the European language! And this Sasha guy don't look nothing to me.

why waste a 2nd round pick for this? Remember Papagiannis?"

Oh so this situation will resolve in less than 2 weeks..

Which is all kinda perfect timing IMO.. In the event we dont land him we'll have all these players who dont have contracts past Summer League that can possibly show something they'd be interested in..

The rest of the F/A Market has come to a screeching halt since the initial Blitz on day 1..

and IMHO we already have some form of insurance for not landing Vezenkov on the roster in Trey Lyles...

N i think the Kings have something to offer many teams do not, which is a chance to break into the rotation..

This seems like a bet thats been smartly hedged many different ways

If I made that comment that the 50th pick in the draft more than likely wouldn't be an average rotational player, would you be snarky about that too?
I personally probably won't, but I bet Draymond Green and Gilbert Arena would.

But hey, you spoke in sure terms from the get-go, so apparently, you know your subject matter so who am I to question?

Actually, by your definition, the NBA should just abolish 2nd round and let the rest of those "unqualified" just be free agents.

But hey, you spoke in sure terms from the get-go, so apparently, you know your subject matter so who am I to question?

Actually, by your definition, the NBA should just abolish 2nd round and let the rest of those "unqualified" just be free agents.
You weren't kidding. It certainly is a thing of yours. Drinking game!!!

You weren't kidding. It certainly is a thing of yours. Drinking game!!!
It is indeed.

We know nothing for certain. Back in the day, if you run home and tell your mom about some rumor you heard from your classmates, your mom would smack you upside down and question, "Says who? What kind of proof do they have?"

Yet these days, we actively killed off journalism as a whole, my previous profession, by taking a word or two out of context from anywhere and conjuring it up with your own uneducated thoughts or ideas and just presenting it to the marketplace like it was gospel because no one bothers to check for the source and no one bothers with retractions.

It sickens me that we as a society collectively abandon the Scientific method and chose to run their mouths with alternate facts no matter how ignorant they are about the subject.

(PS: Sorry mods for the side banter. This will be my last post related to it)

It is indeed.

We know nothing for certain. Back in the day, if you run home and tell your mom about some rumor you heard from your classmates, your mom would smack you upside down and question, "Says who? What kind of proof do they have?"

Yet these days, we actively killed off journalism as a whole, my previous profession, by taking a word or two out of context from anywhere and conjuring it up with your own uneducated thoughts or ideas and just presenting it to the marketplace like it was gospel because no one bothers to check for the source and no one bothers with retractions.

It sickens me that we as a society collectively abandon the Scientific method and chose to run their mouths with alternate facts no matter how ignorant they are about the subject.

listen to the recent windhorst pod, he very much addresses this

It is indeed.

I genuinely mean this, thank you. Waaayyyy too many Skips and SAS’s running around now a days. Like Mike Tyson said, social media made people way too comfortable with running their mouth and not getting hit in the face for it, both physically and metaphorically.

Last edited:

It is indeed.

All that hot air because your reading comprehension failed you? My quote:

Not a fan of holding up the last roster position for a guy who more than likely won't even be an average rotational player even if he does come over. There were probably better ways to use the money/roster slot.

I'm sorry but both of your responses there are complete and utter strawmen. Not only that, but your 2nd post is pure hypocrisy, top to bottom. You just went on a rant about a thing that you hate while you were actively exhibiting the same behavior you were just ranting about. Astonishing that you can't even see that. Ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black? Look it up.

Back to my point, no my definition would not to be to abolish the 2nd round. That is a purely made up and fictional definition that you created in your own head and pinned on me. But I will say that the majority of second round picks more than likely don't wind up being average rotational players. If you don't like that statement, then prove me wrong.

Beli was better than this guy anyways. He should be jumping for a chance to play on NBA. If you believe in yourself you have opportunity to play your dreams out in nba, get a max deal and reach for the sky. You already reached as far as you can in that league as MVP. If that doesn't motivate you we don't need you

All that hot air because your reading comprehension failed you? My quote:

Not a fan of holding up the last roster position for a guy who more than likely won't even be an average rotational player even if he does come over. There were probably better ways to use the money/roster slot.

I'm sorry but both of your responses there are complete and utter strawmen. Not only that, but your 2nd post is pure hypocrisy, top to bottom. You just went on a rant about a thing that you hate while you were actively exhibiting the same behavior you were just ranting about. Astonishing that you can't even see that. Ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black? Look it up.

Back to my point, no my definition would not to be to abolish the 2nd round. That is a purely made up and fictional definition that you created in your own head and pinned on me. But I will say that the majority of second round picks more than likely don't wind up being average rotational players. If you don't like that statement, then prove me wrong.
Sorry... it's my bad.

Please forget I've said anything at all.

I saw or heard, I forget, a stat that said under 50% of guys picked 11-30 even earn a spot apart of the day to day rotation. Wild

It seems we really want a back-up pf. Wonder if they actually have a deal in-place for Barnes.

Looking around there aren't many sf options. . .
Barnes+Holmes $29.5 for Gordon Hayward $30.0???

Starters
Fox Huerter Hayward Murray Sabonis

Bench
Davion Monk TD Vezenkov Queta

It seems we really want a back-up pf. Wonder if they actually have a deal in-place for Barnes.

Starters

Bench
Man if Gordon Hayward isn’t healthy/doesn’t stay healthy that’s a rough contract for a team still rebuilding likely looking to add another piece or two next year.

With that said, if Gordon is healthy I wouldn’t hate it and it makes sense for the Hornets.

Starters

Bench
Is Hayward REALLY that much more talented than Barnes with a legit starting 4 others around them tho?