[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves 1/28/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they just have those lying around.
The Kings might have one in Murray, but not in this role. Ideally that's the answer but otherwise, sometimes you have to get that piece by making a tough choice or two in the process. Mike Bibby ring a bell? The one good thing is that sometimes teams practically give them away. See Jerami Grant around draft time.

I still think this team likely needs another legit and consistent 20 ppg scoring option. You see how dependent this team is on Fox. Domas and Harrison are awesome at what they do, but Harrison refuses to feast every night even if he can. It was mostly his play being the cherry on top that separated the team during that streak.
I assume the hope is Keegan becomes that secondary or third option on offense in the next couple seasons.

Pretty dunk but we needed a 3???

Lackadaisacal defensive effort when we should’ve fouled leading to a 3

don’t understand the strategy to end this if there was any

regression to the mean should hopefully be a huge swing Monday on shooting alone but this kind of effort isn’t gonna cut it.

Domas was the only starter who looked any kind of competent. Wasted effort

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
We missed shots and they had a couple guys just go on an absolute heater. At least we put up a mostly-good defensive effort at the end and brought it close. But miss as many shots and as many free throws as we did? Hard to win. Especially on the road.

I assume the hope is Keegan becomes that secondary or third option on offense in the next couple seasons.
Hopefully that happens but they need to start kicking those tires sooner than later and find out. If his guard and shot creation skills aren't up to snuff, and this season they haven't even really been tested (like 90% of his offense is assisted), then Brown has to see if he can put him in spots on the floor to create shots like in the post which he did get at Iowa. The reason Harrison was so impactful is because conversely he's gone up to the 97th percentile in iso offense ability this season. Barnes has fairly low frequency though which means he's unlikely to be a go to for long stretches of games. That's basically why Vlade got him for free pretty much. In Dallas they wanted a 25 ppg player, they got an 18-19 ppg one.

If Edwards and crew weren’t turnover machines tonight we would have been beaten to a pulp. Good news is almost all of us thought this was at best a split. Brown needs to use some strategy to slow the Kings killer and let’s go win the next one

I wonder what the stats for the Kings are in comebacks. It seems like once the Kings get down by double digits early it's almost impossible to come all the way back. Fox tried, just didn't have enough time.

Kings gotta straighten this crap out cause with how bunched together the west is, a 5 game losing streak can take you completely out of the playoff picture.
It's likely to be that way until a few teams decide to tank. If they even do that is. Every loss to a team in that western conference muck hurts double too.

Status
Not open for further replies.