[Game] Kings @ Suns, Wednesday, October 23rd - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought into this argument about Luka all of last year. But, that presumed that Marvin would not suck. The way Marvin is going, that draft pick looks like a mortal sin. What if Vlade had listened to Joerger and drafted the good player?? We’ll never know because now we have his complacent chucklehead Laker crony Luke, and the complacent beanpole Marvin instead
Lol wow

I hope Luke starts Holmes/Bjelica for game 2, they will open the floor up for Fox one does it through the air *best lob target with Bagley on the team) and one does it with shooting I think Holmes/Bjelica/Buddy/Barnes/Fox is the best line up the Kings have when fully healthy.

Man we looked horrible, but again...we have a new coach.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us hit our stride 20-30 games into the season. It’s going to take time to adjust and have it become second nature.

my expectation was that we were going to regress in wine this year while setting up a better foundation for us as a team (e.g., no longer going through WCS in the high post).

I know some of you are of the mindset that it’s a disappointment if we don’t make the playoffs but I’m not sure that’s fair or realistic (especially with how tough the West is right now).

Take a step back to hopefully take two steps forward. Be patient.

And if things don’t workout, there’s always the lottery ;)

Yes. They have good young talent but they're a bottom dweller until proven otherwise. Of course, we are too. But our expectations are higher this year. Not a good start but I guess it's only game one.
They just lost by one point in OT playing without their starting center against the best home team in the NBA. The Suns are for real, especially with Ayton.

They just lost by one point in OT playing without their starting center against the best home team in the NBA. The Suns are for real, especially with Ayton.
I agree, The Suns are better. Monty Williams is a good coach. Ricky Rubio does not get the respect because he does not shoot the 3 well. But he defends well, runs a team like a boss and is crafty with the ball.

Oh, and if the test is correct their starting center was taking performance enhancing drugs.

It’s real on most Suns forums too.
There were really 3 teams that passed on Doncic. Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta.

That's a good amount of teams that had their doubts about Luka.

Me, I wanted Luka too, but I'm okay with Bagley now and I think he will get a lot better. Maybe not to Luka's impact level, but to an All-Star caliber bigman.

But, I wonder if there were some "red flags" that Vlade's connections in Euroball had told him that scarred him away from Luka at the time. Maybe, he was told Luka didn't want to come to Sacramento and would eventually leave for a big market? Maybe he was told Luka wanted to be the defacto Point Guard even though we had Fox? Maybe his sources told him that Luka's junk food eating was too much and he would never get into top NBA condition?

Who knows at this point, but you have to think that Vlade got some bad advice along the way, maybe Brandon Williams love for Bagley? We may never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.