[Game] Kings @ Suns (Pre-Season) Game Discussion

Crazy how much better we look when Gay and Ben hit some shots. Cuz hit a three too. Rondo looking good. Cuz, WCS looking good defensively.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I like the idea of essentially clearing a side for Rondo/Cuz to run the P&R with Rudy flashing at the box or to the corner.

Does however put pressure on our 2 to hit kickouts as that's where the spacing comes. And that was exactly the shot Ben has to hit. Great spacing....brick.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'd rather have Cuz shoot the 3 than Rondo. And I sure as hell dont want Cuz shooting any 3s!

Also, our defense has kinda nosedived.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Our spacing and ball movement looks much cleaner than at Por. Still would like to have seen this lineup with Marco out there, my preferred lineup.

Love the concept of the so-called "west coast" offense but it only works if you beat the other team down the court. Once the defense is set we need to ABORT MISSION and run a play. The suns are cognizant of this and are beating us back down the court and we're continuing to force the issue and have thrown up straight garbage. We earned our lead by running and gunning but this is the NBA, that isn't ever going to work for 48 straight minutes...unless you're the suns and it's still 2006.

I just hope all this DMC 3 point shooting stops when the season starts. It was quite the disgusting sight to see the leagues most dominant big man hanging out by the 3pt line...

why is a 270 pound center shooting 3's?
Yes thats my only complaint, why is Cuz standing out at the 3 point line 70% of the time when he was being guarded by Markieff and Teletovic? First unit looked great though, bench unit sloppy as hell. Another game another storyline, pre season folks.

Only 1.25 games in but not thrilled to see that we finally have the beasts to run an offense suited to Cuz's unique skills and instead we're still focused on pace, with the added bonus of cuz 3s

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yes thats my only complaint, why is Cuz standing out at the 3 point line 70% of the time when he was being guarded by Markieff and Teletovic? First unit looked great though, bench unit sloppy as hell. Another game another storyline, pre season folks.
Here's hoping Cousins is shooting these three's only because it's preseason and he doesn't want to bang inside until the games matter