[Game] Kings @ Spurs - Sunday, March 31 - 4PT/7ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to point out that the small lineup closed this game out.

The small lineup really isn't the issue, the issue with it is still rather than using that lineup to spread the floor more, they instead shrink the floor and try to dominate inside from the inside. After that Bogdan post up they started to attack in face up more which is going to always be the strength with a small ball unit.

to put things into perspective, they aren't looking like the dominant Warriors of the last couple of seasons so whether that's because of the Boogie effect or something else, they can be beaten if they meet up with the Rockets AND CP3 stays healthy for the entire series. The Playoffs are going to be epic this year, I just have a feeling, so much parity.
Things kind of looked the same last year heading in too though. Hopefully the parity isn't an illusion this time and with no Cavs this year it won't be another Warriors/LeBron battle so the east is open. I think the Warriors are pulling some shenanigans lately to cherry pick their first round opponent but there is so much flopping going on 6-8 that it might not work.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Things kind of looked the same last year heading in too though. Hopefully the parity isn't an illusion this time and with no Cavs this year it won't be another Warriors/LeBron battle so the east is open. I think the Warriors are pulling some shenanigans lately to cherry pick their first round opponent but there is so much flopping going on 6-8 that it might not work.
I wouldn't say last season and this season look the same. Maybe they do turn it on another notch in the Postseason but that remains to be seen. Meanwhile, there are teams 2-8 that will scrap and bring it however they may match up.

Things I liked about this win

1. Second night of b2b, last game of road trip, down early. It would’ve been easy to pack it in and call it a night

2. Spurs are REALLY good at home and NEEDED this game for playoff positioning.

3. 4th quarter collapse reminiscent of many games over the last several weeks. Figured out how to keep composure and close it out.

Let’s keep grinding and get to 41 or more!!

Status
Not open for further replies.