Kings @ Spurs Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It was still a game they weren't even really expected to be competitive in. The fact they did so well - and would have won had it not been for errant FT shooting - is good, all things considered.

Just my three cents, of course...

you know what the nausiating thing is about it...the Kings are just good enough to lose by 1 pt in alot of their games. We used to win these games. All that means is we're mediocre at best, errr...Kings 1994-96, in comparison...time to make a move, IMO.

You know, I REALLY wanted us to win toinght - REALLY, REALLY, BADLY, but I honestly did not really expect us to win it. Allow me to be Pollyannish for a moment. They did not slaughter us. We had our chances. The team did not wuss out when we got down by 14. they fought back and had a chance in the end. I am not big on "moral victories" but, as far as I am concerned, they showed guts tonight.

Now back to cussing the missed free throws.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jerryaki said:
good effort, but defense for another 7.6 seconds... =(

now i'm gloomy for the evening.
There were THREE - count em - Kings killers on the court. I'm not gloomy at all. The team showed heart, they didn't give up, and they played pretty good defense...at least at times. ;)

I liked how Bibby actually played help defense for Miller against Duncan, etc.

This wasn't a bad loss...

I am VERY proud of the effort those guys showed out there tonight. If they play with that effort every night, and they CAN, we can compete with ANYBODY!!!

Good job Kings!!!! You did us proud.

VF21 said:
There were THREE - count em - Kings killers on the court. I'm not gloomy at all. The team showed heart, they didn't give up, and they played pretty good defense...at least at times. ;)

Should win against the Bobcats, but who knows.

this stings because we had the chance to win it. we were 3 seconds away from a win and finley frickin ruins everything.

argh!

oh well, onto the next game.

go kings!

it was good that the kings are competitive, it's just that when they do get that way i get hopeful, and when it gets dashed...blah!

come on guys, beat charlotte and make this a 2-2 trip...

This is the second game the Kings played against the Spurs that they had a great chance of winning. It really sucks they lost because I actually thought they were going to win this game! :(

FTs and the first qtr was the reason why they lost. But I'm just glad they played well. They just need to play well like tonight consistently and they can win lots of games.

2-2 on this roadtrip would be nice.

It always stinks when we lose, but I am actually not too bummed. I have found myself getting excited again about the season. If they can play with this much heart- we are going to start winning again and soon! Good game. No hanging heads at my house tonight!

VF21 said:

i couldn't really count it...i was just going on your pbp and just tuned in. ;)

Circa_1985_Fan said:
you know what the nausiating thing is about it...the Kings are just good enough to lose by 1 pt in alot of their games. We used to win these games. All that means is we're mediocre at best, errr...Kings 1994-96, in comparison...time to make a move, IMO.
Eh, the Spurs have been together years. The Kings are trying to incorporate 2 starters. It takes time to come together and be competitive, it takes even longer to learn how to close out a game together.

If there is a way to lose and be proud, this is it. We played what many will say a far more superior team on the road and we fought hard. Disregarding Tony Parker abuse, I am starting to like and see some potential of this team playing good D in future.

Got to blame this on on Finley.

GO Kings!!

SacTownKid said:
You know what I saw tonight. The same effort that took us to within a breath of the NBA championship. I wanna see more of it!!!!
yes. the other thing you saw tonight was the same thing that didn't get us our championship!!

piksi

Hall of Famer
vj9999 said:
If there is a way to lose and be proud, this is it. We played what many will say a far more superior team on the road and we fought hard. Disregarding Tony Parker abuse, I am starting to like and see some potential of this team playing good D in future.

Got to blame this on on Finley.

GO Kings!!
Do You still have that avatar somewhere ?

LMM said:
this stings because we had the chance to win it. we were 3 seconds away from a win and finley frickin ruins everything.
Out of all the players on the court I'll probably have Finley shoot that shot than Tim or Tony.

But I really thought the game winning shot was the tip-in from Tim Duncan to make them go back up by 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.