Kings @ Sixers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Well, here we go again. Second game on 6 games road trip and Kings in a desperate need of a road victory. Last night Grizzlies, Wolves, and Lakers :D lost giving us some more breathing room. I hate looking down on the standings but there is no "up" this season and we need to buy some time here till we get some rythm.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pesonally, I would like us to finish 6th ot 7th because I still think that we can beat everybody but Spurs and there is absolutely no need to see them earlier than necessary. I would like to see Houston finish 5th. 27 games left - enough time for everybody to heal and get on the same page. If we survive this trip on the 5th spot. I really like our chances.
Tonight's game feature 2 teams needing to find new identities and moreover needing to win. Expect lot's of turnovers, individual effort and hopefully intensity. With all that is going on - I still like our chances tonight. The team that controlls emotions better will win the game. It will be interesting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings need to rebound. That cost us the last game. We also need to play more than 8 guys (6 in the 2nd half). We have to have fresh starters for the last 5 minutes. We have a very resiliant team that always respond. We have not played well lately but we will get it together.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sixers have to deal with much higher expectations now. They have to deal with 2 dominant players sharing only one ball. They need to adjust but they do not have any room for error. One thing that I am most concerned tonight is R.Rogers. With all due respect to Iverson and Webber - Rogers is a "Kings killer" He also seams to get traded to teams that did not play us so - we see him more than we really like to.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webber is not a Kings player anymore. And while a good part of 27000 members really want him to do well (me including) - I would still like to see him struggle tonight. He can average a TD as long as he loses 2 games that he plays us. I want the Kings to win and could not care less what Webber does tonight as long as we win. Some of You might disagree but - Kings first.
I understand that it might be very emotional for most of You but - it is what it is.
Since I have no clue what kind of lineup or rotation we will put out I will just try to generalize this.

Mike is a "little defense" away from being a best PG in the league. He also need more rest so he can be fresh in the last couple minutes. He can lead this team. He has the game and the desire. He just need some defense. Please Mike !
Brad - Hope he practiced his lay ups. He just need to continue playing well. maybe he can find Iverson in traffic today :eek: .
Pedja - might not play again. I had this type of injurie several times. You warm up and try. It might go either way. It is abut 50/50 in such situation. His presence is needed. He needs to find his game. There is no tomorow here. It does not really matter what is said and done anymore. He needs to get out and share the load on both ends of the floor. He does not have to lead vocally - he has to share the load with Mike and Brad for us to "start healing" and having a good transition - to wherever we are going.
Mobley - He is not a passer and it is not fair to make him play a part time PG but we do not have choice at the moment. I have only one complaint here. These turnovers are killing us. Other than that - can't complain about his game or effort.
Darius - Well if you accept that Darius will never be Webber - You realize that there is a lot potential in this man. I would still like him to come of the bench in the long run because of lack of athleticism (we allready have Miller and Pedja) but You have to love the effort and the game.
3 new guys - I expet them to fit in and give their best whatever that might be.
Evans - more control and less turnovers please.
Tag - will play even less now
Martin - same here
House - Bobby please get well soon.
RA - You have got to cut the minutes here. Playing 6 man in a half is insane. You need to fin the way to buy some time for Mike, Brad and Pedja so we can execute down the strech. It needs to happen quickly.
Go Spurs !
Go Suns !

yeah, I know but special circumstances ask for special measures

Grant said that Peja wanted to have a full practice in before playing. RA had to call off practice because physicals weren't taken yet. He went yesterday with Bobby Jackson to work out, and if everything goes right and he gets a practice in, 'Rant says maybe the vs. CHA....:/

Pedja did said in the Serb radio that he may not be back until the Bobcats or Magics game.

So the new Kings...will be or will not be playing?

As long as the Kings play with the same energy they did in Dallas, they should do good. Just need to finish the game better which they've been having trouble doing this season. Especially against good teams.

I expect Webb to have a good game for Philly.

I also think Darius and Brad will do well.

Every game left this season is a big one for the Kings...a win here is very much needed. GO KINGS!!!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice analysis, piksi...

It's gonna be a tough one all the way around.

And at least once Bibby will see an open Webber and pass to him. If he doesn't, it will be a miracle.

GO KINGS!!!

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Nice analysis, piksi...

It's gonna be a tough one all the way around.

And at least once Bibby will see an open Webber and pass to him. If he doesn't, it will be a miracle.

GO KINGS!!!
I was kinda hoping that Webber will look more for Bibby in a 2 man game. Maybe bibby can help Webber to get a TD:eek:

I'm guessing this will be one of the more highly rated games on TV this year. If you look at Philly's roster they aren't very talented and are certainly not very deep. It's clear that this team goes as far as AI can take them and I think the Kings can neutralize Webb on offense(it's easier to defend him when he doesn't have the players the Kings do to pass to). I also think the Kings will exploit him on the defensive end. Thomas is the type of player that would give the Kings(and especially Webber) fits because he can jump and is very active.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
First let me say: AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
This is one of the few games that CSN does NOT have and down here in the Big NO I of course do not get Chanel 10... Good news I guess is that we do get the Radio feed.

I don't see Adelman starting Thomas tonigh with no practice and Darius avalilable it is an unnecessary risk and it's not like we are taking about a guy who's numbers demand a starting spot anyway. Big Nasty may get the nodd over Mo Evas to take Pedja's spot at the 3, thusly freeing up Mo Evans to back up at both 2-3.

I agree I have no issue with Webber having a monster game as long as the Kings get the W. Keys will be getting BOTH Bibby and Miller off to good starts. If they do that it may force Brown to put Webber on Miller and that will open the door for Darius to have a Big game. Sixers just got a lot better, but they are still an uneven team. AI will get his, Webber will get his, but after than the Kings get advantages over Jackson, Korver and Rodgers. Kings Bench just got better and that could actualy be the ticket.

Pedja better be able to play tonight. Although we don't know the extent of his injuries, we do know that the Webber trade was meant for him to step up his offence and lead the team.

As piksi said, we need to reebound. I've been stating this since the webber trade, watch for the new guys, I honestly think that the Kings will dominate the boards (Brad and Darious along with the new guys should get alot of the boards tonight).

Bibby is emotionally hurt, he lost a great friend and a great team mate, but this is good. His intensity should really show tonight and should be scorching the Sixers.

On another note, the Pedja (if he plays) Korver matchup should be interesting. Korver has started challenging Stojakovic's status as the best three point shooter, making me think that Pedja will come out tonight with something to prove.

My predictions: 104-89 win for Kings tonight. Thomas and Bibby with a big game, while the rest of Kings crash the glass in record numbers. (oh yea, and C-Webb better get a standing ovation and huge applause from the sixers fans!)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pedja is NOT going to play tonight from all reports. He is not going to play tomorrow either. He MAY be able to play next month in the games against either Orlando or Charlotte.

VF21 said:
Pedja is NOT going to play tonight from all reports. He is not going to play tomorrow either. He MAY be able to play next month in the games against either Orlando or Charlotte.
C'mon Peja step up and be a man and stop being a wimp. The team needs you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Kings need Pedja in uniform on the bench showing he is a part of the team, not sitting behind the bench with his chin in his hand looking as though he'd rather be somewhere/anywhere else. Period.

So he doesn't play - or just plays a few minutes. He needs to play. He doesn't have to start. He could simply come off the bench for a few minutes to help spell the new guys, etc.

Everyone said Webber could have come off the bench, although he didn't, and they were very critical of him for not being willing to do that. Why the different attitude over Pedja?

He needs to be a part of this team NOT apart from it.

If you look at it in a way, Pedja not playing can be a good thing. This will allow more mintues to the new guy and the new "promoted" bench players to show their stuff. Our top guy is out, so now we gota see some evidence that GP has pulled of another "miracle" trade.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Heuge said:
20 pts, 10 rbs, 5 ast. and the leader of a 34-20 team.
seriously jepardizing his career, missing many games, having surgeries, missing 2003 PO in which we were favorites, being criticized when deserved and when not and yes - being traded for "chump change"

piksi said:
seriously jepardizing his career, missing many games, having surgeries, missing 2003 PO in which we were favorites, being criticized when deserved and when not and yes - being traded for "chump change"
I like VF's approach here. He needs to be a part of this team now. Now, more then ever this franchise needs him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi - Webber is gone. You can quit hating him now and finding ways to criticize him. This isn't about Webber. It isn't about Webber vs. Pedja. It's about Pedja and what HE needs to do if he wants to walk the walk. He said a nice bunch of platitudes but it's gonna take more than that. He needs to WALK THE WALK. He needs to support his team and he needs to show that he really wants to be a part of it all.

Might come back against Charlotte??? Is that coincidental that Charlotte just happens to be the weakest team on this trip? I sure hope so. Needs a practice before he thinks about returning??? There is no TIME for niceties like freaking practice. If you are healthy enough to play, then play, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.