Kings sign KZ Okpala to two year deal

I was a little less enthused about the Nigerian team
connection after going back through the Olympics box scores, but still like that he’s familiar with Coach Brown, fits the timeline of the team, and can add wing defense. Can’t hurt to add a Stanford guy, too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
KZ’s another wing-forward who might be more of a 4 than a 3 but he’s a really good defender and just turned 23. His offensive game was really rough to start but has gotten better as he’s been in the league (his shooting splits for the last year before he got injured/traded/cut weren’t that bad). Also he was good for Team Nigeria.

Oh very nice. Tetsu called with the the Olympic team connection and he fills a tremendous need as a wing defender. Offense is rough, but who cares? He might be like the 3rd best defender on the team already (sadly enough).

Curious if he got the BAE or if that 2nd year is guaranteed. Would suggest we view him as more than just roster depth.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, there's the wing defender we were certain to sign. What's the pool looking like for the 3rd-string PG?

I suppose we'll find out sooner or later if this was vet minimum or if we used some BAE.

Well, there's the wing defender we were certain to sign. What's the pool looking like for the 3rd-string PG?

I suppose we'll find out sooner or later if this was vet minimum or if we used some BAE.
Well, rivers is gone. He was my #1 option. There are still a number of options but tye obes that make the most sense from a money perspective are Elfrid Payton, Compazo, and our own IT. I think Payton would be my choice given his defensive capability, but dark horses are alsonout there like Rondo and much less likely (financially) Dennis Schroder.

Im not mad at this move but i was hoping for a more well rounded player like Yuta Watanabe.

Well, rivers is gone. He was my #1 option. There are still a number of options but tye obes that make the most sense from a money perspective are Elfrid Payton, Compazo, and our own IT. I think Payton would be my choice given his defensive capability, but dark horses are alsonout there like Rondo and much less likely (financially) Dennis Schroder.

Im not mad at this move but i was hoping for a more well rounded player like Yuta Watanabe.
Wasn’t there also a report that the Kings were trying out guys like Delly?

I like. I like! Running to youtube to watch video!
Theres a game from highschol where he's up against Shaq's son Shareef and Ira Lee 2-highly rated forwards and Kezie drops 46 points on them and their team scores a total of 51.

He also dropped 41 on Zion Williamson in a blowout win though im not sure there's highlights of that..

Ill always remember him as "Kezie" not "KZ"

He's got offensive upside though imo. His shot always looked pretty good to me.

GREAT SIGNING.. LOVE IT, been a fan of his for many years now i guess since 2017ish. He'll be better than Mo Harkless was.

The Kings have a knack for getting players that I've been a fan of since recruitment..

Last edited:
I forgot that olympic game and watching his highlights today for that game I am impressed.
With him and Davion playing defense that’s going to work wonders.