Kings sign Dedmon 3 years 40 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings fans:
Awesome moves Vlade!! Slight overlay but great structure on the contracts. Solid pieces that fit the timeline and core structure.

Social Media/Realgm:
Oh noes lmao lmfaoooo kangs gonna kang da herp de derp

Real gm is the worst online forum there is. Bad take after bad take.
Realtalk but not many general type forums available on an app. However it just seems people love to gripe, butch, complain and talk bad for no reason other than they love being jerks.

It gets old quick but you gotta weed thru the garbage to find the gems ya know.

I like Dedmon. Much better than Willie. I think he's perfect to play with De'Aaron Fox. I don't even know if they need another big man now. They should try to get Beverley or Tobias.

Very happy with the quick Dedmon signing. Vlade must know some of the other centers mentioned were not realistic targets and might have just used us as leverage.
This is now a solid team with a nice mix of youth and vet experience. How far it can take us in the wild west, not sure, but the kids are on the up.

So does this mean Willie is gone? Can't imagine paying Dedmon this much to come off the bench. And neither Willie nor Dedmon are PF's if they're thinking 4/5. Don't see WCS accepting a bench role either if he takes the QO.

So does this mean Willie is gone? Can't imagine paying Dedmon this much to come off the bench. And neither Willie nor Dedmon are PF's if they're thinking 4/5. Don't see WCS accepting a bench role either if he takes the QO.
Sign and trade would be great if possible. Well Willie can do whatever he likes. If he ends up staying and throwing up a stink by playing off the bench his contract season after next is going to be a major letdown.

I like Dedmon. Much better than Willie. I think he's perfect to play with De'Aaron Fox. I don't even know if they need another big man now. They should try to get Beverley or Tobias.
Tobias is going to get PAID. We don't have that kind of money and it wouldn't make sense if we did to move on him at this point.

You don't start WCS over Dedmon if you value wins. And you aren't playing them together as your starting 4 and 5 with Bagley in your team. So...?

And Willie can't "decide" whether to take the QO or not. The QO is a baseline pay for him if he gets no other offers.

Basically, by extending the QO to Willie the Kings control his future if they want. Either a team signs him to an offer sheet and the Kings decide whether or not to match, or he comes back to Sac for the QO.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I like the Deadmon signing very much. With a young big behind him on the bench his pension for injuries is less an issue but that does mean there needs to be at least one deep bench 5 who has game skills. I guess it really is something for the bigs in Summer League to play for. but it could end up a very sad Willie Cauley-Stein holding his QO in his hands. my preference would be to see Koufos back.

Last edited:
I think his options right now are to find a team willing to work out a sign and trade, take the QO and wait til next year or sign with a team and likely get matched and traded at New Year's as soon as he's eligible. I'm guessing the Dedmon signing is also a huge wakeup to his market value.

Very happy with the quick Dedmon signing. Vlade must know some of the other centers mentioned were not realistic targets and might have just used us as leverage.
This is now a solid team with a nice mix of youth and vet experience. How far it can take us in the wild west, not sure, but the kids are on the up.
I'm still curious why Houston named us as a team solidly in the running for a Capela deal. If it's not Giles than who? And we have Dedmon so why?

I think his options right now are to find a team willing to work out a sign and trade, take the QO and wait til next year or sign with a team and likely get matched and traded at New Year's as soon as he's eligible. I'm guessing the Dedmon signing is also a huge wakeup to his market value.
Bingo. Hopefully Willie stays "woke" going forward. Cuz this is the first of many waking moments for him.

I'm still curious why Houston named us as a team solidly in the running for a Capela deal. If it's not Giles than who? And we have Dedmon so why?
I was hearing a first round pick

It was probably nothing that was going to be resolved on day 1 and it doesn’t look like Butler is interested in going to Houston anyway. He wouldn’t fit anyway. Kings had to get on the ball.

I was hearing a first round pick

It was probably nothing that was going to be resolved on day 1 and it doesn’t look like Butler is interested in going to Houston anyway. He wouldn’t fit anyway. Kings had to get on the ball.
Kings playing like they had tons of options surely gave us an edge signing Dedmon at the opening bell. It's just as possible (probable?) that we were the team playing everyone this go round.

Status
Not open for further replies.