Kings sign Corey Brewer to a 10 day contract.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...thunder-bring-corey-brewer-back-into-the-fold

This article suggests we're unlikely to sign Brewer after his 2nd 10 day expires. Not entirely sure what they're basing that off of. But nonetheless, that's what the article says.
It sounds like they're basing it off of: we're not really playing him.

Seems as reasonable a basis for speculation as any other, but they're not saying "front office sources say...", they're just looking at box scores and trying to read tea leaves.

I'm not sure most 10-day guys get huge minutes, I think we'll get at least 2 more games on this deal, maybe up to 4 depending how the ASB timing works out (if it's 10 days or 3 games I think that means the second contract took after the Warriors game?).

So definitely premature to speculate on Brewer's status.

Think you guys should extend Brewer even if it's just to push Burks to earn his minutes. Don't know of anyone better who'll be available anytime soon.

Brewer is a good energy guy but can be bullied in the post vs bigger SFs, also his 3 isn't consistent enough.
He's fast though and cuts well and is always moving. And a good defender on the perimeter. He can be very disruptive.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Think you guys should extend Brewer even if it's just to push Burks to earn his minutes. Don't know of anyone better who'll be available anytime soon.

Brewer is a good energy guy but can be bullied in the post vs bigger SFs, also his 3 isn't consistent enough.
He's fast though and cuts well and is always moving. And a good defender on the perimeter. He can be very disruptive.
But honestly, that's what the Kings need from their backup SF/11th guy on the bench. Barnes is built like a bulldozer so he can body up the big SFs and if Brewer hits enough 3 pointers to keep the defense honest, there's really not much more you can ask for out of that role.

He has exactly no favor for his offense right now though...
if the coach (and this board) is not at all under the impression he made in the previous game by his shooting, and is ONLY playing him for his activity level on D, then he will be extended and get the same amount of playing time.

my bet is he loses favor like Troy did.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
if the coach (and this board) is not at all under the impression he made in the previous game by his shooting, and is ONLY playing him for his activity level on D, then he will be extended and get the same amount of playing time.

my bet is he loses favor like Troy did.
Troy lost favor because he played like an out of control maniac. Brewer has a lot more Shump in his game than he does Troy.

Troy lost favor because he played like an out of control maniac. Brewer has a lot more Shump in his game than he does Troy.
they dont have to lose favor for the same reason. Brewer will lose favor for missing shots. I hope I am wrong cause Bogdan and Barnes have been bricking and someone has to score, but I think that will be the way it goes down...

I like Belly but BrewCrew should take ALL his minutes. When you put Barnes and him in our switching defense goes to another level. I really like the energy he brings to the team. That game wouldn't have been nearly as close with out his effort last night.

Should we perhaps start Brewer alongside Barnes, putting Bogi back in the bench line-up death squad? Is line-up shuffling a dangerous thing to indulge in late in the season on a young team that is clawing for a #8 seed? These are the thoughts that cause me to lay awake at night.

Should we perhaps start Brewer alongside Barnes, putting Bogi back in the bench line-up death squad? Is line-up shuffling a dangerous thing to indulge in late in the season on a young team that is clawing for a #8 seed? These are the thoughts that cause me to lay awake at night.
Given the way this thread is going not only should we start him, but he should become the number one option :p.

I like Brewer to give a little locker room experience, a quick spark when the team is in a rut, and foul/injury depth. Kind of like how Koufos is used now.

It is a bad sign if he's a permanent part of the rotation.