Kings select Colby Jones at 34th overall after trade with Celtics

Valentine would be rough, but super role player Evan Turner? I'd take that all day every day
Feel like that's the absolute best case scenario. I just don't buy his shot at all. I mean at least the FRP wasn't spent on him. I'm just sour on the whole night. What a let down.

Would have rather rolled the dice with Max Lewis or GG or had just gone with a known commodity in TJD.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Feel like that's the absolute best case scenario. I just don't buy his shot at all. I mean at least the FRP wasn't spent on him. I'm just sour on the whole night. What a let down.

Would have rather rolled the dice with Max Lewis or GG or had just gone with a known commodity in TJD.
The really interesting thing about Colby is that he's a creative finisher in the paint. The only downside to his game is his outside shooting and the fact he isn't exactly the world's greatest athlete out there. The intangibles are all there though and those sorts of guys tend to wind up being winners in the NBA. Precisely Monte's type.

Well, I wasn’t going to be surprised if Colby Jones was picked at 24 so I guess that lessens the blow. He’s a very solid player. He’s one of those upperclassmen I wanted that can conceivably contribute right away.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Man this guy can ball, I think Monte got a stud
When the "experts" said that the draft really leveled out around picks 20-40 they really meant it. There's not much of a gap between a guy like Colby and someone like Hood-Schifino who went like twenty picks before him. Also since we got him in the second round, Colby's contract is going to be ridiculously cheap for a couple of seasons.