Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

We need to give Fox some rest on that hamstring and Sabonis some time off with those hands.
I think Brown kind of sneakily has been trying to dial Fox back for the past month. Since that double OT LAC game where he played 45 minutes, he hasn't played over 36 in any game:

20* injured

Without tonight's game, he's been at 33.4 MPG. Before that, he's had 23 games this year with 37+ minutes.

Also, I'll be curious how Brown balances guys staying sharp and rest. After the Warriors game on the 7th, we could sit everyone vs the Nuggets on the 9th and then the playoffs don't start to the 15th. Would guys want more rest than that?

Or maybe what you do is you Play everyone vs the Pelicans on the 4th, sit everyone on the 2nd night of B-B vs the Mavs on the 5th, play like a half? vs the Warriors on the 7th and then sit everyone vs the Nuggets on the 9th? Should be fun to see how that plays out.

Also, I'll be curious how Brown balances guys staying sharp and rest. After the Warriors game on the 7th, we could sit everyone vs the Nuggets on the 9th and then the playoffs don't start to the 15th. Would guys want more rest than that?

Or maybe what you do is you Play everyone vs the Pelicans on the 4th, sit everyone on the 2nd night of B-B vs the Mavs on the 5th, play like a half? vs the Warriors on the 7th and then sit everyone vs the Nuggets on the 9th? Should be fun to see how that plays out.
We may well be locked into the 3 seed after playing Portland who will likely be tanking.

So strange to start thinking like this (and I agree with your thinking).

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
anything in particular that Kyrie did to get the boos?
It wasn't Kyrie in particular. The fans were booing the whole team in the third quarter because they were down 18 at home against a very shorthanded Hornets team that had lost 5 of their last six.

The Mavs are now 7-12 since the trade for Irving. Doncic has been hurt for a chunk of those games, but they just flat out don't look good.

At this point that team is a mess and I don't know if it would be a good or bad thing if Kyrie walks as a FA. They'd better build a winner around Luka soon or it sounds like he's going to want out.

It wasn't Kyrie in particular. The fans were booing the whole team in the third quarter because they were down 18 at home against a very shorthanded Hornets team that had lost 5 of their last six.

The Mavs are now 7-12 since the trade for Irving. Doncic has been hurt for a chunk of those games, but they just flat out don't look good.

At this point that team is a mess and I don't know if it would be a good or bad thing if Kyrie walks as a FA. They'd better build a winner around Luka soon or it sounds like he's going to want out.
The team playing better during this stretch when it's Kyrie playing and Luka is out as opposed to Luka playing with Kyrie out is a red flag if I'm Dallas mgmt. They better figure out the type of team they can build around Luka. But the Mavs may have already created an entitled monster.

Kyrie is who he is. Good player, who the media flocks around after games because they know he's going to give a click producing quote. I wouldn't blame him for anything going on there. Mavs knew what they were getting into. Kyrie never hides who he is.

Regardless, I'd like to see Dallas struggle for a few years and leave an extra playoff spot in the West.

I'm not loving a Kings-GSW first round matchup, but are there really any easy outs for the Kings in the 1st round? GSW, Phoenix, LAC, even Minn poses a threat.
I was hoping for Dallas. But they’re out of the playins now and would need to go on a little streak to get back in it and don’t want to play them when they’re getting hot.

The team playing better during this stretch when it's Kyrie playing and Luka is out as opposed to Luka playing with Kyrie out is a red flag if I'm Dallas mgmt. They better figure out the type of team they can build around Luka. But the Mavs may have already created an entitled monster.
Since the Kyrie acquisition I've looked at the +/- for Kyrie and Luka in most games when both have played. Kyrie has had the better +/- every time I've checked - probably 5 or 6 times. Yes, yes, it's a limited measure, but curious result.

So far in his career, Luka and "a bunch of guys" seem to overachieve, most notably last year. He puts up ridiculous numbers and his legend grows.

Luka and another "star" player? Not so much team over-achieving. People already knew Brunson was good, but he's really thrived without Luka. Porzingas looks much better w/the Wiz than he did in Dallas. (On paper, the three of them should have been a nice fit.) Obviously way too soon to say Kyrie and Luka can't work well, but decent bet the rest of this season is the only chance to find out and it's not going great so far.

Since the Kyrie acquisition I've looked at the +/- for Kyrie and Luka in most games when both have played. Kyrie has had the better +/- every time I've checked - probably 5 or 6 times. Yes, yes, it's a limited measure, but curious result.

So far in his career, Luka and "a bunch of guys" seem to overachieve, most notably last year. He puts up ridiculous numbers and his legend grows.

Luka and another "star" player? Not so much team over-achieving. People already knew Brunson was good, but he's really thrived without Luka. Porzingas looks much better w/the Wiz than he did in Dallas. (On paper, the three of them should have been a nice fit.) Obviously way too soon to say Kyrie and Luka can't work well, but decent bet the rest of this season is the only chance to find out and it's not going great so far.
Here’s another thing we know that’s been proven. Kyrie has been part of a championship team playing alongside a superstar and Kevin Love. #77 hasn’t proved he can manage that dynamic yet.

So if I were to levy any blame it’d be more toward #77.

Coming back to post after a couple of years... looking forward to throwing down an obscene amount of cash to witness the Kings first home playoff game in 17 years. Might get even more pricey if we play the Warriors, but hey, I've been saving.

I think I came onto this board during the 05-06 season, when I stayed up late in the UK to watch us get blown out by Chris Paul and New Orleans. Was great to have some fellow fans to talk with during a disappointing debut. That lineup had me excited (loved the Bonzi and Shareef signings), but the roster simply didn't work (not enough passing nor defense), and Reef's red-flagged knees were apparent when he wasn't starting over Kenny Thomas (woof!). Maloofs forced the Peja trade for a sitting Artest, giving us the defender and ISO scorer we needed. Emphasis on iso, dribble-to-death offense became our MO for a good 5+ years... but it worked enough to get us back into playoff contention. Did not think, as did any of us, that it would take this long to return to competitiveness - but here we are, and glad we've (almost) made it.

I've been to about 7 drafts live... Stauskas, WCS, Papagiannis/Richardson/Skal, Fox/Jackson/Giles, was out of the country for a few years, then returned for the Mitchell and Murray drafts. The NBA Draft in Brooklyn is a basketball nerd/die-hard convention, I love it, and think I'll still go even though this draft is awful and we'll have a late 1st.

What's my point other than reminiscing? It's great to see that this forum is still around, and glad we're all finally about to get the payoff we've spent years waiting for... Go Kings!

People weren't ready to hear early on that Luka is not a complimentary piece and requires others to sacrafice their game to compliment him. Maybe he adjusts in the future.

Dallas has worst management than we had ever they screwed Dirk and are doing the same to Luka why is Dwight powell starting

And if we draw the lakers we have zero shot of winning

Nice. Someone finally running the numbers.

There should honestly be lawsuits about this. Not joking in the slightest. Real money is at play.

I'm not loving a Kings-GSW first round matchup, but are there really any easy outs for the Kings in the 1st round? GSW, Phoenix, LAC, even Minn poses a threat.
Shorthanded clippers maybe but that's still tough. Nothing is easy out West, though the Warriors have proven to be beatable, it seems like they're steadily improving. No matter what, you want anything but KD and the Suns.

Clips will lose today pushing them down to 6th, ideal scenario. We need to beat Minnesota next game to keep them away from the 6th spot and I recon this will shape up just fine. We also likely get 50 wins.