Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

Potentially a big development in the race l. I’m watching the clippers game and PG had a knee injury and was helped off the floor. At the very least a hyperextended knee. Hopefully nothing more

I don't know whether it's too early to think about, but is there a consensus amongst kings fans on who we would rather face in the playoffs? They all seem like tough games and it's a matter of picking your poison.

Mavericks ( you never want to bet against two superstars especially in the playoffs, although they are bad defensively)
Clippers (Better defensively and defense wins out in the playoffs. Also a very deep team with a superstar in kawaii and an all star in George)
Warriors (Hard to bet against the former champs from just a year ago oh and Steph Curry)
Lakers (Bron and Davis with added depth after the trade and with refs on their side)

I think for me it would be

Thunder/Jazz (toss up)
Wolves
Mavs
Warriors
Lakers
Clippers

Potentially a big development in the race l. I’m watching the clippers game and PG had a knee injury and was helped off the floor. At the very least a hyperextended knee. Hopefully nothing more
my guess is the Clippers want to be 6 and avoid Denver and PHX with the assumption we stay 3. They do that crap and it always seems to backfire on them.

my guess is the Clippers want to be 6 and avoid Denver and PHX with the assumption we stay 3. They do that crap and it always seems to backfire on them.
Funny enough I feel like all the teams below the Kings lowkey want to play the Kings in the playoffs. They are either in for a rude awakening or maybe right in choosing to play the Kings. Can't wait to see how this will unfold.

Looks like the Blazers are now 4 games back of the 10 seed. Few more losses and they should hopefully hang Dame up (and maybe even Simons/Nurkic, etc) up for that 2-game set we have with them in a week.

Okc has a chance to make the straight playoffs. They have an easy schedule coming up.

clips without PG
lakers
blazers
hornets
pistons
pacers

I could see them going 4-2 or better in that
stretch

they finish up with
Suns
Warriors (may be deciding game)
Jazz
Grizz (who will likely have 2 seed wrapped up and may sit starters)

I'm conflicted who I want to win tonight.. suns or lakers? Leaning towards rooting for the Lakers, since there is still a slight chance of the Suns catching us at 3rd and we also have one more game against them which could make the race even closer if we lose, but also wouldn't mind a Lakers loss. Don't want to see the lakers somehow ending up at the 6th seed where we have to face them and the refs.

Last edited:
I'm conflicted who I want to win tonight.. suns or lakers? Leaning towards rooting for the Lakers, since there is still a slight chance of the Suns catching us at 3rd and we also have one more game against them which could make the race even closer if we lose, but also wouldn't mind a Lakers loss. Don't want to see the lakers somehow ending up at the 6th seed where we have to face them and the refs.
I’m with you. I’m confident we’ll play well enough to hold off the Suns for the 3 seed regardless of this game. I’ll cheer on the Suns to further bury the Lakers.

I’m with you. I’m confident we’ll play well enough to hold off the Suns for the 3 seed regardless of this game. I’ll cheer on the Suns to further bury the Lakers.
I want the Suns to help push the Fakers out of the play-in simply for the comment about "wanting to face Sacramento" because it would be easier. I want them sitting at home after game 82.

Did any of the games tonight change the magic number? I know Captain will have an update soon enough and I could do math to figure out on my own, but if anyone has the quick answer, it would save me from going round about.