Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

To show what we early kings fans went through and today.
We have won like 7 in a row on the road and in the early 90’s our beloved team racked up 43 loses in a row over a part of Two seasons.

Let’s enjoy the ride and get #8 tonight and heck we are even a 6 point favorite in Utah .

I'm not wanting to duck teams or match up with teams but I think I'd pass on asking for the Dubs. Do I think we can beat them? Yes. They also won the chip last year after being left for dead.
That’s the one team nobody should want to face. While they certainly have been “down” this season, even when remotely healthy, they clearly know and have what it takes.

While the “road” record is ridiculously terrible, they are the type of team that could easily not lose many road games come playoff time. They have the ultimate equalizers.

While it would be fun to play them for the first time ever in the postseason, I say sign the KINGS up for any other team until they’d have to face GSW in the WCF’s (if either advanced that far).

I'm not sure on perception influencing calls, but probably to a small degree. Yes of course home court is desirable. The next 11 games will dictate how long the Kings could have homecourt (if at all) in the playoffs. The Grizzlies are playing nearly as well without Morant. This is probably a good thing as it will force the Kings to play harder.
Kings now always play hard. Do we want them to play harder? Do we want Domas to foul hard on defense? That would change teams injury report drastically :)

You had to remind.

1-40 road record. Airball One.

Those that lived through it should surely understand that last reference.
Sorry to bring up a ugly part of our history.
I still had my tickets and enjoyed going to the games as they were and are our team.

Moved to Colorado in 98 and missed those wonderful years right after that And now in Ohio. But got to see some great basketball and some legends play in those early years.

The media endlessly fawning over the Lakers is nothing new, but everybody is also used to the Lakers winning; they're used to Lebron winning. When AD was traded to the Lakers, hacky sports writers surely figured things would be back to business as usual in LA, and it seemed that way for a minute.

That said, it's super jarring this season to witness the national sports media tripping all over themselves to write whatever hype stories they can summon for a perpetually mediocre Lakers squad. They're telling on themselves fiercely, and it's more than a little embarrassing.

Sorry to bring up a ugly part of our history.
I still had my tickets and enjoyed going to the games as they were and are our team.

Moved to Colorado in 98 and missed those wonderful years right after that And now in Ohio. But got to see some great basketball and some legends play in those early years.
Were you privileged to see a Reggie Theus finger roll in person?

[QUOTE="bball_nomad, post: 1712485, member: 57518"]Kings now always play hard. Do we want them to play harder? Do we want Domas to foul hard on defense? That would change teams injury report drastically :)[/QUOTE]

'Always' is an absolute word, meaning 'at all times'.....just not true of any NBA team. At 100 possessions per game no team plays hard for all 100. There are lapses in effort every game by every team leading to easy points - it might be just 3 or 4 possessions or maybe 10 or 12 ,who knows.

To show what we early kings fans went through and today.
We have won like 7 in a row on the road and in the early 90’s our beloved team racked up 43 loses in a row over a part of Two seasons.

Let’s enjoy the ride and get #8 tonight and heck we are even a 6 point favorite in Utah .
The Jazz just beat the Celtics at home.....and the Kings 2 games before went to the wire....I expect another wire game.

Lakers had +5 ft/game free throw advantage on an opponent before non-call on Lebron vs Celtics In the last 20 games they have +10ft/game advantage.That is nuts.For example Kings , the second best team in that cat has 2.5ft/game advantage.And Reaves, the guy that comes of the bench for them is in a top 10 in free throw attempts in the whole league last 10 games. Completely coincidentally Lakers are having their best stretch of the season.

Lakers had +5 ft/game free throw advantage on an opponent before non-call on Lebron vs Celtics In the last 20 games they have +10ft/game advantage.That is nuts.For example Kings , the second best team in that cat has 2.5ft/game advantage.And Reaves, the guy that comes of the bench for them is in a top 10 in free throw attempts in the whole league last 10 games. Completely coincidentally Lakers are having their best stretch of the season.
“Nothing to see here. Move along.”

-Adam Silver

Would be very very interesting to do a longitudinal comparative statistical analysis on foul calls.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (6):
MIN def. Knicks
GSW def. Rockets
MEM def. DAL
UTA def. SAC

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (48-24) 16, 10 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (44-27) 13, 11 games remaining, TB 2-2 (Kings get TB unless Grizz win division and Kings don't)
SAC (43-28) --, 11 games remaining
PHX (38-33) 7, 11 games remaining, TB 1-2 (best division win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (38-34) 5, 10 games remaining, TB=Kings
DAL (36-36) 4, 10 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
GSW (37-36) 4, 9 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (35-36) 4, 11 games remaining, TB 2-1, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
OKC (35-36) 3, 11 games remaining, TB=Kings
MIN (36-37) 3, 10 games remaining, TB=T'Wolves
--- Play-In Games ---
NOP (34-37) 3, 11 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAL (35-37) 2, 10 games remaining, TB=Kings

Tomorrow's games (4):
Spurs at NOP, 5 PM
Celtics at SAC, 7 PM
OKC at LAC, 7:30 PM

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (4):
NOP def. Spurs
Celtics ref SAC
OKC def. LAC

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (48-24) 16, 10 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (44-27) 13, 11 games remaining, TB 2-2 (Kings get TB unless Grizz win division and Kings don't)
SAC (43-29) --, 10 games remaining
PHX (38-33) 7, 11 games remaining, TB 1-2 (best division win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (38-35) 4, 9 games remaining, TB=Kings
DAL (36-36) 4, 10 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
GSW (37-36) 4, 9 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (35-36) 4, 11 games remaining, TB 2-1, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
OKC (36-36) 3, 10 games remaining, TB=Kings
MIN (36-37) 3, 10 games remaining, TB=T'Wolves
--- Play-In Games ---
NOP (35-37) 3, 10 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAL (35-37) 2, 10 games remaining, TB=Kings

Tomorrow's games (8):
DEN at Wizards, 4 PM
GSW at DAL, 4:30 PM
Rockets at MEM, 5 PM
Hawks at MIN, 5 PM
Blazers at UTA, 6 PM
PHX at LAL, 7 PM

Last edited: