Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

I agree that the life situation is analogous; I disagree that both situations reflect poorly on the employer. In your story, your employer is directly involved in incentivising unhealthy behavior, by providing an employee perk that’s inevitably going to ruin some people.

The NBA’s, (or Nike/Gatorade’s) stake is different; It’s a little murky, since they’re interested in Morant as a public figure, so things he does in public can diminish his value as an employee/endorsee. But NBA players aren’t always in public, and it’s inappropriate for an employer to intervene in an employees private affairs. Although the NBA employs “kids”, it doesn’t imply it’s on them to be parents of last resort
To be clear it was our customer that gave us free booze along with the usual food comp.

Spurs blow it at the end in what have been a perfect night standings wise
At this stage, it's not really relevant.

Couple of weeks back, I was scared that Mavs will overtake us. However, with us taking care of business, and them (and some others) faltering, we have put a good distance. While mathematically feasible, I don't see them catching us.

I don't have a lot of "preferred" opponents. I would like to avoid Warriors, Lakers, Suns, and Clippers. These are veteran teams, who, when fully healthy, can beat most other teams in a series (at least have a decent shot at it). A lot of our squad will be there for the first time, and never together. Tough to say how we will handle the pressure (though the team has so far displayed a grit and maturity I hadn't expected). Perhaps Wolves/OKC/Utah, with similar background as ours, or Mavs, with Kyrie not yet fully integrated. Not much we can do about that though, so not bothered.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (7):
Heat def. MEM
SAC def. Bulls
Rockets def. LAL
Celtics def. MIN
DAL def. Spurs
LAC def. GSW

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (46-23) 19, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
SAC (41-27) --, 14 games remaining
MEM (41-27) 15, 14 games remaining, TB 2-2 (best conference win% gets TB, Kings currently lead)
PHX (37-32) 10, 13 games remaining, TB=Suns
GSW (36-34) 8, 12 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAC (37-33) 8, 12 games remaining, TB=Kings
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (35-35) 7, 12 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
DAL (35-35) 7, 12 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (33-36) 6, 13 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
NOP (33-36) 6, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Play-In Games ---
OKC (34-35) 6, 13 games remaining, TB=Kings
LAL (34-36) 5, 12 games remaining, TB=Kings
POR (31-38) 4, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)

Tomorrow's games (4):
DEN at Pistons, 4 PM
SAC at Nets, 4:30 PM
OKC at Raptors, 4:30 PM
Magic at PHX, 7 PM

Last edited:

Is this good? Can they beat the 25?

Nets
Wiz
Jazz
Blazers
Blazers
Pels
Mavs
Nuggets
Seems we'll at least match the 00-01 record of 22? I think we can win all 8 of them, so we'll probably win at least half. I'd think in our current form I'd pick 6 without seeing how many are back to back.

Cap and I were having a fun & friendly discussion of just where this team was "ahead" of pace vs. the golden years. I think 24+ road wins along with possible playoff seeding and results makes a strong case that we're potentially 2 years ahead of schedule if Monte can keep winning in the offseason.

BTW in 2002-2003 we were 35-6 at Arco. In 2001-2002 it was 36-5. Getting to that type of dominance at G1C is what the difference is between today and being elite.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (4):
DEN def. Pistons
SAC def. Nets
Raptors def. OKC
PHX def. Magic

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (47-23) 18, 12 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
SAC (42-27) --, 13 games remaining
MEM (41-27) 14, 14 games remaining, TB 2-2 (best conference win% gets TB, Kings currently lead)
PHX (38-32) 9, 12 games remaining, TB=Suns
GSW (36-34) 7, 12 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAC (37-33) 7, 12 games remaining, TB=Kings
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (35-35) 6, 12 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
DAL (35-35) 6, 12 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (33-36) 5, 13 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
NOP (33-36) 5, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Play-In Games ---
OKC (34-36) 4, 12 games remaining, TB=Kings
LAL (34-36) 4, 12 games remaining, TB=Kings
POR (31-38) 3, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)

Tomorrow's games (7):
GSW at Hawks, 4:30 PM
MIN at Bulls, 5 PM
NOP at Rockets, 5 PM
MEM at Spurs, 5 PM
Celtics at POR, 7 PM
DAL at LAL, 7:30 PM

Last edited:
Spurs are healthy now and not as awful as their record suggests. It should be fun to see them mess with certain teams and their playoff hopes, outside of our own of course.

We can do it, but remember fellas, we have a tough schedule.. Or as I like to put it WE ARE THE TOUGH SCHEDULE. That's why my friends call me "Whiskers" .. 100 bonus points if you know where that comes from. I say it all the time and it confuses people because I inject it into conversations where it does not belong.

Who do you start if Hueter is out? Monk? Mitchell? Make Murray a SG, and start Lyles? Davis? Dellavedova?

Personally I say Start Monk, and give TD some minutes, or let Mitchell take the minutes. TD might be a bit rusty with lack of PT recently.

For some reason Banchero took the game tying 3 point attempt vs Phoenix tonight and was blocked clean. so no luck burying the suns just a little further tonight.

I'll give you that he's got his roster overachieving. I'll push back a bit on the Jokic/Cousins comparison. While I do think Malone and Cousins were a great match - I think Jokic would be succesful with any coach, while cousins needed a Ferrari mechanic - and even then we don't know if he would have stabilized long term.

Would have loved to see it though.

I remain very, very curious to see what Kessler could do on Jokic, yes, Jokic.

Lineup:
Fox
Davion
Kessler
Barnes
Sabonis

Kessler double teams on Jokic - Fox and Davion cover the permiter (KCP etc). Has Monte not created a machine that can cause problems for every contending team in the west?

Nuggs are Jokic pnr + shooters. You can gameplan against that. You can't gameplan against us though.
You can't gameplan around 4th quarter Fox.

Who do you start if Hueter is out? Monk? Mitchell? Make Murray a SG, and start Lyles? Davis? Dellavedova?

Personally I say Start Monk, and give TD some minutes, or let Mitchell take the minutes. TD might be a bit rusty with lack of PT recently.
Brown has already shown that he doesn't want to change Monk's role, even with an injury. He'll probably start Davis and if that isn't working, go to Edwards.