Kings = Playoff Pretender?

I hate greg anthony. The little pipsqueak was one of those analysts/apologists who blamed the fans for the brawl in detroit. I used to watch Knick games when I lived in NY, and I never liked him.

They also said, during halftime of the Chicago game on ESPN, that the ONLY theam that did not have a chance to upset the higher seed in the playoff was the Kings. All I hope is that the team was watching and heard that. While I don't think they need it, I hope it fuels their competative fires! Being the underdog is going to be GREAT. I wonder how many bandwagon fans will climb back on when we win! By the way, I LOVE how Stephen A. keeps embarrassing Greg Anthony about changing his mind all the time about teams!

^^^WOW! Thats a smack in the face. Bulletin board material. And really just plain ridiculous..were they talking about in the west or in the entire POs cuz I don't believe whoever ends up as 8th in the east (Philly, Cleveland, NJ) none of those guys are gonna get past Miami...sorry ain't gonna happen...but then agains stranger things have happened...

GO KINGS!!

chelle said:
They also said, during halftime of the Chicago game on ESPN, that the ONLY theam that did not have a chance to upset the higher seed in the playoff was the Kings. All I hope is that the team was watching and heard that. While I don't think they need it, I hope it fuels their competative fires! Being the underdog is going to be GREAT. I wonder how many bandwagon fans will climb back on when we win! By the way, I LOVE how Stephen A. keeps embarrassing Greg Anthony about changing his mind all the time about teams!
Greg Anthony is an assclown. Any one of us here could probably go up there and do a better job than he does.

Just for the record. GA did get one thing right. He(as Legler) said that the Lakers werent going to make the playoffs.

Hs not a total idiot just a general idiot.;)

If I know anything about the Kings, it's that you never know what to expect from them...everyone said we would simply fall apart after the Webb trade....but that didn't happen. I don't put much stock in anything these ESPN guys have to say....if anyone is the "pretender" it would be them "pretending" to know anything about basketball, no one should underestimate the Kings and the damage they can do in a playoff situation. GO KINGS!!

piksi

Hall of Famer
kingsville said:
IF kings can play decent defense in the playoffs , we will the title. Kings have been lacking in only one area the last 5-6 years (defensive teamwork). If the bibby can somewhat stop the penetration from the opposing guard. It will help relieve the pressure for the inside defense.

Questions :

1) Will Peja become that "legend " in the playoffs. Peja should be playing for a max contract soon.

2) Can bibby play defense in some crucial places in the game .

3)How will Adelman use our playoff rotation .

1 - we will find out - until then remaining sceptical

2 - no or even "hell no"

3 - 8 man or less depending on many things. More than 8 only in case of foul trouble

One thing we gotta work on is....

Mobley hogging the ball too much! Sometimes its necessary but he's gotta start passing more rather than grab and shoot.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
N.U.F.A.N. said:
One thing we gotta work on is....

Mobley hogging the ball too much! Sometimes its necessary but he's gotta start passing more rather than grab and shoot.
Have you actually been watching the games?

First, Cuttino Mobley is a shoot-first guard. We knew that when we got him. Considering he's third in the entire league in 3pt% I don't think we want him to quit shooting.

Second, he HAS been passing the ball a lot more as he gets used to the team and the system the Kings use.

We will need Cuttino to shoot in the playoffs, just as we'll need Bibby and Peja to shoot. They're SHOOTERS. It's what they do...and knowing that those three are liable to shoot at any point in the game is what gives defenders fits.

VF21 said:
Have you actually been watching the games?

First, Cuttino Mobley is a shoot-first guard. We knew that when we got him. Considering he's third in the entire league in 3pt% I don't think we want him to quit shooting.

Second, he HAS been passing the ball a lot more as he gets used to the team and the system the Kings use.

We will need Cuttino to shoot in the playoffs, just as we'll need Bibby and Peja to shoot. They're SHOOTERS. It's what they do...and knowing that those three are liable to shoot at any point in the game is what gives defenders fits.
I think Cat has passed up more chances to shoot in the short time he's been aKing than he did in all of the years he played for the Rockettes! He has learned that if he passes the ball on this team he will actually get it back sometimes. This never happened before playing alongside Francis. I think he IS A BIG PART of our run to the playoffs this year. If we had Doug instead of Cuttino I don't think we would have made the playoffs!

teamdimechampionship said:
I think Cat has passed up more chances to shoot in the short time he's been aKing than he did in all of the years he played for the Rockettes! He has learned that if he passes the ball on this team he will actually get it back sometimes. This never happened before playing alongside Francis. I think he IS A BIG PART of our run to the playoffs this year. If we had Doug instead of Cuttino I don't think we would have made the playoffs!
Yeah I agree, I think he had to adapt a little but he's learning to let the offense flow a little better, I mean he's always going to have his moments where he just goes for it himself, thats part of why we picked him up, but most of the time lately he scores even when he forces it a little. As long as he picks his battles and keeps his fg% up he's fine by me. He's def the 2nd most clutch guy we have at the moment, and thats big this time of year.

We traded for him so that we'd have a player that was capable of breaking down defenses on his own. We don't want Cuttino to stop shooting; we want him to look for his shots, take good ones, and pass on bad ones.

pretty much. cuttino needs to get in a rhythm (sp?) he gets into a zone quickly and can pour it on whether there is a hand in his face or not. if he is forced to pass on his shots, i think he might lose the torch for a bit, and with his ability to knock down the 3, i'd say shove the ball down his throat and tell him to keep shooting. he has made pretty good decisions on when to pass and where since he has come over.